Help polishing a Hi capa Frame

Freight

Good evening all

I was wondering if i could ask for advice from all the pistol modders out there. I bought a 2nd hand TM Hicapa 5.1 at the start of the year and after a summer of faithful service its finally given up the ghost ( when i fired it on the test range of my local site the front piece of the outer barrel fell out of the frame :P ) rather than just junk it i have been inspired by some of the amazing looking pistols on the 2011 pictures thread to modify and upgrade it to my own individual pistol. My first question is that since i want to use a polished airsoft surgeon slide, how easy would it be to take the stripped frame from back to silver and polish it using a metal polishing kit and is there anything i should keep in mind when i do this?

cheers for any advice

Ian

Edit, Ive started to strip the pistol down into smaller parts and ive taken the slide from the frame and the grip and trigger assembly away but i dont have any instruction on how to remove the safety mechanismys hammer etc away from the frame, does any one have any useful links on taking apart and rebuilding a 2011.

thanks again

It's quite simple to polish, but when left bare the metal will become a bit dull over time. It has a high zinc content compared to aluminum parts, so it might be a good idea to coat it somehow, buff it regularly or just accept the fact that it won't be as shiny as the polished slide.

If you get an Airsoft Surgeon slide, make sure you get the revised ones. Some of them have allowed overtravel of the loading nozzle, rendering the affected pieces pretty much useless. The old ones also were incompatible with any steel chambers. To avoid this Airsoft Surgeon makes specific steel outer barrels & chambers.

-Sale

Archived