Didn't see it.

It likely depends on how it was written, might have looked more like a sale thread than a appraisal so a global mod removed it.

Sale threads are only allowed in the sales forum so anything outside the sales forum that looks like a sale gets removed.(you can put items in your sig but they're supposed to have a link to an actual sales thread here too(part of the reason alot of people's sigs get removed.))

FYI...

I just had a look through all the OPs previous posts going back to mid August and he has no hidden or deleted posts or topics during this period.

I must say, I've noticed odd things happen on these forums from time to time.

For example, I posted a reply in one thread in the evening and then watched as other peoples replies caused that thread to sink down the page.

The following morning I was surprised to see the forum index showing that thread, with my post, as being the most recent reply in the tech forum.

I went in and had a look and, sure enough, it showed my reply from the previous evening as being THE most recent post in the tech forum.

I dunno if this kind of thing is just cyberspace oddness or whether the server owners had a problem and backed up the database from the previous evening and didn't bother to tell anybody.

Anyway, it doesn't look as it your thread's been deleted. It either didn't get posted properly or it got eaten by the ghosts of the internet.

I've actually been meaning to have a word with Marlowe about adding a specific "Valuations" sub-forum to the sales section.... so Newb's cannot post "valuations" in General Discussion in the hope of dodging the 100 post rule and attracting buyers.

The thread in question (link) was in fact locked and then hidden. The reason for this may have been that you linked to the sale thread in the post, giving the impression that you were more interested in generating interest in your sale rather than finding a fair price. Whoever dealt with your thread could probably give you a better answer. :)

With regard to uscm's post--several forums are set so that posting in them will not add to your post count. That's the only potential oddness relating to post counts that I'm aware of.

As it seemed a popular idea, there is now a section dedicate to Valuations here.

As it falls under the commercial branch of the site, only those with 100 posts or higher can access it.

Please note - valuations threads should only be for that. Please post sales threads in the relevant areas.