308 members have voted

1. 1. Standard, Midcap, or Hicap?

• Standard
    • Midcap
    • Hicap

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted midcap, but I need to clarify, as I don't actually own any... If I could rely on a bb having range and accuracy, I'd be all over real-caps. But... With the inherent inaccuracy, slow speed of flight, and lack off ability to penetrate soft cover, like a few leaves and/or twigs, it's just not practical. Hi-caps rattle, misfeed, and need winding, and lead to spay and pray tactics.

Mid-caps provide the best compromise between the two, as a standard doesn't really give much more then a real-cap.

So, why don't I own any? Because they don't make any for the FAMAS!

I'd vote for mid-caps. If every single one i've put in my gun didn't feed/jam like a schizo. Sad considering i play as a DM. Still High_Caps all the way. My two have never failed me yet, feeding every BB of every brand, weight, and make. Where as the midcaps i've tried(Mag and G&P) suck *albatross*. Even when I "babied" them. They refused to deliver. MAG, every BB. G&P failing to feed bioshot .3g. My BB of choice.

• 4 weeks later...

I think mid caps are the most logical choice for 'realism' and balance. Hicaps means everyone has a support weapon. Far too much spray and pray.

However since the guys I play with each carry up to 8 or 9 hicaps (and go through it all in a couple of hours!) I use a mix of 2 hicaps and 6 190 round mids.

Archived