Tactical Footwear Picture Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds just like something that happened to me and because of that I will never buy boots with size zippers again.   Just order some Magnum, it is my first dealing with the Magnum brand of footwear

What can I say? Pretty much everything they advertise it true. They're really light, and really comfortable. I managed to get them out on a 10 mile ruck march, in the rain and mud (obviously), and my

Merrel Moab Mid GTX XCR. Really quick to break in, light and supportive.

DSC_0018.jpg

Merrel Moab Ventilator. I picked these up recently (with other items :P) to replace my PT runners for weekend wear.

DSC06997.jpg

Magnum Stealth Force 8.0. Got these two back in January and have been wearing them every day for work (garrison and field).

On top of these boots, I've got my issued boots aswell (Mk3, Mk4 and Goretex) but I haven't worn them in...a long time.

For the job that I do...which is alot of footwork...I recommend Magnum's and Swat's over the CF issued boots. Like I said, I'd been wearing them since January, and I remember having to wear my Mk4's one day for a parade practice...holy *suitcase* my heels and ankles were numb afterward. If you have cash to spare, dig around and pick yourself up two pairs of boots (one lightweight, one Goretex) and some good socks.

[]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Black_Hawk_169/DSC_0018.jpg[]

Merrel Moab Ventilator. I picked these up recently (with other items :P) to replace my PT runners for weekend wear.

I have a pair of them for every day wear (and I also run in them occasionaly) most comfortable trainers I've ever owned.

my next pair of hiking boots may well be the boot version, unless my peter storm ones can be fixed.

Heres my moores militaria repro Vietnam Combat boots, absolutely brilliant replicas, excellent build quality. These are the only shoes I own. (Apart from a pair of dress shoes which I only wear occasionally)

jungleboots.jpg

EDIT: Crappy picture (I need my monitor to be calibrated big time!) but, Tactical slippers?

tacticalslippers.jpg

Edited by Plankton
Picked these up a couple weeks ago, still haven't gotten a chance to try them out yet.

Buddy of mine at work has a black pair that he's been wearing for about a year. He hasn't had any problems with them. I know there's one guy from my Regt going overseas with a couple pairs.

Buddy of mine at work has a black pair that he's been wearing for about a year. He hasn't had any problems with them. I know there's one guy from my Regt going overseas with a couple pairs.

I picked these up from Botachtactical on clearance. I couldn't pass up on the price so I thought I would give them a go.

si8.jpg

Quite simply, the best boots I have ever worn. The day after I got them, I went airsofting, no blisters... the day after that, I started walking 100 miles cross country with a 65lb pack. No blisters. Unbelievably comfortable, very sturdy indeed. They feel like they're hugging your foot. INCREDIBLE boots. The only thing about them is they tend to slip in wet wet mud.

Edited by Shriven

And some more...

(clicky for larger pictures)

Caterpillar 5.5" boots

normal_P9144358.jpg

Raped to *suitcase*, but they're trustworthy, stable and have served me very well. Not tacticool in and of themselves, but go fine with a dessie loadout...

Magnum Responder 8" Assault Boots

normal_P9144361.jpg

Now these, on the other hand, are absolute rubbish. And the reason I will never buy Magnum footwear again... A very big dissapointment.

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor
Magnum Responder 8" Assault Boots

[]http://gallery.mr-airsoft.com/albums/userpics/10049/normal_P9144361.jpg[]

Now these, on the other hand, are absolute rubbish. And the reason I will never buy Magnum footwear again... A very big dissapointment.

I think I can guess whats wrong with them..........is it the side zips? do they keep spliting?

Indeed they do... I wore them once, hardly even knew where I'd thrown them...

Big house :P

I had a pair of the same boots, they did exactly the same thing. took them back to the shop, they replaced them, and it happened again (on top of a (british) mountian, in the snow.) sounds like it's definately a problem with that model then.

I had a pair of the same boots, they did exactly the same thing. took them back to the shop, they replaced them, and it happened again (on top of a (british) mountian, in the snow.) sounds like it's definately a problem with that model then.

Sounds just like something that happened to me and because of that I will never buy boots with size zippers again.

Just order some Magnum, it is my first dealing with the Magnum brand of footwear. Hopefully they are not too bad, brought them more for work than airsoft. It is always good to have from ST footwear.

• Like 1

Belleview 390 DES boots, size 10.5 wide

Awesome boots. I know lots of people had problems with their issued Altama jungle boots during that night exercise that I just came back from after a fairly heavy rain, but no water got into my boots after stepping into puddles of mud and I had no blister or hotspots at all.

(You can also see my issued Altama black jungle boots in the corner for my BDUs, but I really hate them compared to these)

bppts.jpg

Edited by DerRelienT

Oakley's are really comfy and held up well in the 9 months I've used them. I bought them before Exodus and have used them ever since. Took them to an FTX and they were so much more comfy than the hot weather's. I haven't used them as much since then though as I only go to drill once a month. And yes, my unit allows Oakley's.