Tactical Footwear Picture Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds just like something that happened to me and because of that I will never buy boots with size zippers again.   Just order some Magnum, it is my first dealing with the Magnum brand of footwear

What can I say? Pretty much everything they advertise it true. They're really light, and really comfortable. I managed to get them out on a 10 mile ruck march, in the rain and mud (obviously), and my

Merrel Moab Mid GTX XCR. Really quick to break in, light and supportive.

• 2 weeks later...

What can I say? Pretty much everything they advertise it true. They're really light, and really comfortable. I managed to get them out on a 10 mile ruck march, in the rain and mud (obviously), and my feet didn't mind one bit. They certainly wont keep your feet dry if you step in anything deeper than the sole though, but they're not supposed too. As for the fit, it's the same as your regular Reebok, or Nike; but a little wider than normal in the forefoot area. Felt a little weird at first, but no problem after a couple days. My only complaint is that the edge of one of the little rubber climbing bumpers tore part way off somehow. No big deal, just a little annoying having that flap sticking out. Overall I'm very happy with them. Here's a more in-depth review. http://militarymorons.com/equipment/footwear3.html#jungle

Edited by m@tt-4576
  • Like 1

XXL Scubapro jets (actually for diving- size 13 drysuit boot)

Danner scorpions in black-done around 7 years in em,getting close to retirement

Danner USMC issue jungle boots- on their 2nd or third year, going strong

REI re branded Raichle full leather hiking boots- 3 years, at least 200 mi of hiking, plus who knows how much daily use

KM

But it's even got black buckles...

On topic:

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Merrell sneakers, and thought you guys might have some advice. Basically the choice is between the Maob ventilator/gore-tex, and the Chameleon series (probably the stretch). Any input? I've had one of the much older Chameleons sets for the last few years, but they've worn down to the point that I need pair, I could just get a new set of those, but I'm also interested in some of the other options.

I think that was for a different boot cos there was only one. You can quite see it but there is a zipped molled pouch at the top :D

On topic for a sec, i got a pair of the Chameleon evo goretex mids and they are the nicest walking shoes ive ever owned.

Edited by msx361
Merrel Sawtooth's

How do you like those so far Squab? Any risk of turning your ankle in them? Or does the boot come up high enough to protect against that? Are they pretty waterproof?

EDIT: Sorry for all the questions, I just can't seem to find a good review online. :) Your my only hope..LOL.

Edited by jdizzle921
  • 2 weeks later...

I was actually going to go for the SI Assault 6" ones, but they seemed just a little too low profile for me. I've only played one game in these but they're super comfy also, and the soles seem a lot thicker than the SI Assaults - I don't think they'll wear down too quickly :P

Not too good on the waterproof front, but what do you expect from a dessie boot? The Scotchguard coating works wonders though!

Hope that helps :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i also got Scarpa Kailash GTX from US seller with discounted price ;), this pic is taken when just arrived several months ago, at first time i wore it, the boots is so stiff and a little bit uncomfortable, but after several times on the field this boots is perfect for my feet... i really recommend this boots for any hikers especially if you are digging modern 75th Ranger impression this boots is awesome, it's a bit heavier than any other boots on its class (Asolo FSN 95, Merrel Sawtooth, etc) but i am sure this boots will take heavy punishment on the field...

IMG_5034.jpg

Edited by pamparius
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...