Search you n00b!

R22Master

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fine.

But I reserve the right to MURDER anyone who starts a thread about "Is teh Supr9 rilfe ne gud lol kthnx I am nubb".

I reserve the right to deride, mock and generally act smarmy toward people who give incorrect or misleading advice.

Like telling people that a G17 type barrel will fit on a G19, eh? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
well i think ghost rider has faild ur rules. all he dose is flame me when im asking a noobie question on noobie discussion. i think all noob questions should not get flamed. ghostrider this gose for u BEE A LITTEL NICER PLZ AND ANCER THE ONEST QUESTION.

CHEERS

I think your problem, Jessetjames, is that you don't see other people on this forum as actual people. You see them as some sort of internet search engine. You bark stupid, repetative questions at them and expect them to answer them right away, even if the question has been answered 50 times before, or if the question is useless. No one wants to do that, especially for someone with very little manners, and a very poor presentation of themselves. Meaning, learn to spell and to... make sense. All this makes you a cookie-cut example of the "n00b" that everyone hates.

I can vouch for Ghost Rider. He was extremely helpful and well-mannered with my first post, and most other posts I've seen him make. And he never flamed you. There is a difference between "flaming" and "being really annoyed at an obnoxious person."

If you expect someone to help you out, then do some research on the subject FIRST. Then, use that handy search function at the top of the page. It is written in red. If your question isn't answered, then you're allowed to make a thread about it. But make the thread at least somewhat coherent. And thank the people for helping you out, since they went out of their way to help you.

Well, I guess the point of my post is that there are cool newbies, too. But then there are bad ones. But give us all a chance at first. :P I probably sound like a terrible suck-up newb, but at least I'm not like "ZOMG GUYZ TELL ME WICH AIRSOFT GUN 2 GET! I WANT ONE THAT SHOOTS TEH BBS! LOL!"

well i think ghost rider has faild ur rules. all he dose is flame me when im asking a noobie question on noobie discussion. i think all noob questions should not get flamed. ghostrider this gose for u BEE A LITTEL NICER PLZ AND ANCER THE ONEST QUESTION.

CHEERS

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=20662&hl=

See this thread? Where I answered your question? Nicely?

I gently warned you to modify your posting ettiquette. You failed to do so after several warnings, and so out came the flamethrower.

The user above me shows how a new person should behave. Being new does not entitle you to behave like an ill mannered child.

Please, just do as you orignally planned and leave. Because I WILL NOT apologise for the posts I gave you, or the neg rep. Count yourself lucky I already feel like you've suffered enough, otherwise you would be recieving further neg rep.

Edit: After reviewing your recent posts, I have restored the neg rep I gave you and removed because your 'brother' had access. I hate liars also.

Stop implying I am anti newbie, I am not. What I will not tolerate is utter spacktards, which you obviously are.

Good day, sir.

Right I've said my part and to put it bluntly, I'm F***ing knackered. All I will say is Ghost Rider is a very helpful and regular poster... He is NOT the problem, You ARE. Leave the forums, you're making us all much more angry people and we don't need that s***. I wish someone would ban you.

At the end of the day...

You are not a newbie, you're a f***ing idiot. You shouldn't possess a computer, let alone an airsoft gun.

So stop saying EVERYONE is harsh to newbs, you offend us so we don't like you. We're harsh to JessetJames-es not newbs. Look at me and Erestheux, we're what would be called newbs but we're not dips***s. We get along with almost everyone here. That's because we're nothing like you, we search, we post sensibly and helpfully (or so I hope :P ), we don't bump or double post every few seconds and we spell correctly. You're obviously not intelligent enough to spell properly, fair enough... USE THE *fruitcage* SPELL CHECKER! That's what it's there for.

I'm sure now what you'll do is add to your vendetta of outgoing negative reps on people who are "flaming" you when infact it's just everyone hating you for being an *albatross*! So go ahead and prove me right... I'm sure you will.

Edit: (oh look I can actully use it! Unlike you) Stop putting CHEERS at the end of every post! There's no need to! Is english your first language? You don't seem to understand it at all! You put cheers (meaning thanks) when you ask something! That's like saying, You're an *beep*, thankyou. FFS! :angry:

I think the fundamental difference is a newbie wishes to learn. A N00b, on the other hand, is the kind of person who is convinced of their own superiority. Using 1337-speak, for example, to my mind, implies that writer's time is so important the couldn't be bothered to type a legible post.

A noob is the kind of person who continuously ignores polite requests to use the search function, insults other users simply because they disagree with them, and is generally guilty of a$$like behavior.

I'll admit, there are time when my responses on here will verge on the cuttingly sarcastic. But that will only be after the user has been gently prodded and the prodding ignored.

Fundamentally it breaks down like this.

Newbies are always welcome.

Noobs are not.

this gose for u BEE A LITTEL NICER PLZ AND ANCER THE ONEST QUESTION.

CHEERS

Sorry Jesset, but while I don't like to see harsh feelings on this site, Ghost Rider has a point. While I am sure he has his own issues, the main thing I object to is the lack of effort. I mean how hard is it to click the "Spell Check" button? Let's analyse your last sentence word-by-word where you asserted your authority over GR...

"this" - Correct.

"gose" - I think you mean "goes".

"for" - no problems with that.

"u" - not a word. I would assume you mean "you" but are too busy to hit two extra keys.

"BEE" - Hmmm, maybe not. Only two keys need to be hit to type "be".

"LITTEL" - the Spell Checker would have helped you out here - it's "little".

"NICER" - okay, this one is cool.

"PLZ" - Nope, no idea. A friend informs me you are trying to type "please" but are so short of time you simply must abbreviate.

"ANCER" - Do you mean "answer"? I am pretty sure the spell checker would have picked up on this one for you.

"ONEST" - Nope, don't know this word. After checking a few dictionaries though, the closest approximation is the word "honest" which seems to fit here. I will assume this is what you mean.

"QUESTION" - Wow, I understand this word, and it appears in a dictionary. Congrats.

Hmmm, even after the lengthy translation, I STILL don't quite understand your point.

The golden rules for forum acceptance here seem to be...

• 1. Don't post unless you have something to say,

2. Use freely available forum tools such as the "Spell Checker" to ensure you don't get flamed,

3. Don't have a go at other members unless you are 100% sure of your ground.

This post is not meant to be insulting, but I HAVE put effort in to explaining the reasons why using the Spell checker and passable grammar will help you not only here, but in the real world too. I am not trying to be sarcastic, confrontational, or rude, but I am posting this to illustrate a point. The point being that 10 seconds spent clicking the "Spell Check" button would save you much grief on the forums.

I hope you understand my point of view, and use the features that have cost some of us many hours to bring to you.

All the best,

R22.

The sad thing is that the Arnie's #airsoft IRC channel sees a great deal of this sort of malarky too, to the extent that I've been forced to change the topic to reflect it, and threaten anyone who behaves in such a way with the usual deterrants available to an IRC operator.

I've also noticed that on there it appears to be exclusively young pre-pubescent American males who come on, display no patience whatsoever, and expect anyone present to automatically transform into a human google who'll answer all the questions immediately. A sad indictment of the culture in which they're being raised, perhaps?

Anyway, just an appeal to tie into this current tangent of the thread: all such individuals please bear in mind that the chat room is, for some strange reason actually for chatting in. :)

I've also noticed that on there it appears to be exclusively young pre-pubescent American males who come on, display no patience whatsoever, and expect anyone present to automatically transform into a human google who'll answer all the questions immediately. A sad indictment of the culture in which they're being raised, perhaps?

Now, If I were to say that, I would be flamed for "Oh DarkLite's back to his stupid America bashing again".

Sometimes I wonder what I did to God that ###### him off so badly.

I didn't see any reason for that comment, Marlowe. I've seen plenty of obnoxious newbs from the UK and other countries, and most have not yet specified their countries. I think it has more to do with being too young to realize how to use forums then the country they originate from. I don't respect people that blame "stupid Americans" and American culture. I don't see any reason for it.

Erestheux does kinda prove that statement wrong... I'm not having a dig or anything mate... But I agree in the fact that I don't think it's solely any culture or country. It's just kids that don't know their stuff. They're everywhere!

I think Marlowe was making a statement based on his observations, not a racially motivated slurr. On the forums at least, most of the "can't be bothered" brigade just tend to be younger members - if anything they tend to be English in location in my experience. I don't think you can isolate this one to any particular country - Lack of effort when posting seems to be a global phenomenon.

I think Marlowe was making a statement based on his observations, not a racially motivated slurr.  On the forums at least, most of the "can't be bothered" brigade just tend to be younger members - if anything they tend to be English in location in my experience.  I don't think you can isolate this one to any particular country - Lack of effort when posting seems to be a global phenomenon.

Sorry, sometimes I get a little bit defensive. Well, I'm wondering how he knows the country of origin of all these newbs on IRC unless they are asked? But anyways, perhaps it is true that its mostly young Americans in IRC. But I just didn't see why he had to suggest that it was American culture that make people... jerks. I just found it a bit offensive, because I am pretty sure that I am not a jerk, and I know of plenty of newbs (on the boards, at least) who are not American yet are still obnoxious. I don't mean to be hostile, sorry.

If I may add another rant: there doesn't seem to be much point in noobs searching anyway. Why, I hear you ask? Because, if someone pops up and says "I'm looking to get a gun, I've narrowed it down to X, Y and Z" with them all being, say GBBs, you can almost guarantee someone will suggest a totally different gun. Sometimes it's not even in the same category. People looking at springers get told to buy GBBs. Why? If they've done enough research to narrow it down to a few guns, they are presumably aware of the different types that exist. So keep your comments to what they're asking about. Or, answer the question first, THEN ask if they've considered whatever you think they should get.

*Deep breaths*

I'm better now.

[/rant]

:zorro:

Personally, I reckon that over the last month or so a bunch of american noobs has arrived who have set the level of understanding and discussion back by about 2 years.

The forums just seem to be swaped with people posting the sort of ignorant, misleading and downright WRONG information that was common when I first arrived here.

Incorrect information about the relationship between battery voltage, capacity and the effect on a gun.

Questions about gearbox timing.

Resurrecting ancient myths such as the problems with ICS tappet plates.

Stupid questions about Joules.

Stupid questions about guns.

TBH, the level of ignorance FROM A CERTAIN SECTOR has increased massively in the last month.

Apparently HaVoC is only 14 or so. Jesus, the guy has more brains in his [insert suitable item here] than a lot of the forum members who DO, unfortunately, seem to be american. Go figure.

Can I ask people to be a little clearer in their topic titles? Fair does, be as funny and obscure as you like in Off Topic, but in the "serious" forums, maybe some descriptive titles would help? Is it any wonder so much stuff get re-posted when a thread about the STAR M249 gets called "There's a CA249..."? How is a nose through topic titles supposed to show up what that's about? And then the guy starting the second thread gets flamed! Even though his title was the perfectly clear "STAR M249."

Also, if you're asking for help in the Technical or Newbie forums, you'll get a lot better results if your title appeals to those who can help. For example, "KSC mag venting problem" will get better results than "My gun is spitting! Oh no!"

:zorro:

Archived