Search you n00b!

R22Master

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I use the search function most of the time and all I get back is EVERY damn topic ever posted.

NO specific threads and NO matching or even distantly related topics. What gives?

And please dont tell me I'm using the wrong search terms, unless your idea of search is to actually know word for word the threads you are TRYING to find! :angry:

And less of the thinly veiled anti-Americanism. Theres a hell of a lot more potential airsofters in the US, obviously the number of US noobs is going to be higher. The least we can do is help them politely or have the British forgotten their supposedly famous good manners? :D

Arnies has a great rep worldwide, we shouldn't be flaming less experienced people even if we think their question are "stoopid". People come here for help not abuse. Maybe anyone posting abusive messages should be -1'd?????

I always find it really amusing when people claim to have used the search engine and found nothing, and then I go and do it and find a topic in five minutes.

Advise placing a + in front of every term and not using spaces. For example:

+mp5k+gas

This will show a marked increase in your productivitiy.

Flat out abuse and not actually providing a valid link to a worthwhile topic is a bit off. However, if the question is 'What am best gun' then it's fair game for a flaming. :flamed:

Edit: It's not anti-american to not we've had a bunch of twunts show up in recent months, and most of them happen to be american. That's just a fact.

I always find it really amusing when people claim to have used the search engine and found nothing, and then I go and do it and find a topic in five minutes.

Advise placing a + in front of every term and not using spaces. For example:

+mp5k+gas

This will show a marked increase in your productivitiy.

Flat out abuse and not actually providing a valid link to a worthwhile topic is a bit off. However, if the question is 'What am best gun' then it's fair game for a flaming. :flamed:

Edit: It's not anti-american to not we've had a bunch of twunts show up in recent months, and most of them happen to be american. That's just a fact.

lol i could never find anything on the smart gun from aliens but i probably didnt look far ennough back

btw spedz seeing as your active in hear clean out you PM folder i tired to PM you and its says your folder is full and you could not receive

Advise placing a + in front of every term and not using spaces.

I think you ARE supposed to use spaces in between terms when you use the "+". :huh: I've tried it both ways, and that's what seems to work. "+MP5k+gas" yields thirty pages of topics, (600 topics) "+MP5k +gas" yields one topic.

I believe the following post, which was quoted from a gaming website is pretty much the very best information a Newbie could find.

A Lesson About Forum Posting

While it is heavily laden with sarcasm and vulgar, it still contain quite a bit of truth.

"Newbie" and "Newb" denotes a beginner, who is uneducated. The term also denotes a willingness to learn and that help is desired.

"n00bie, noob, nub, and knob" denotes lack of intelligence and ignorance. The term also describes a person who is unwilling to learn for themselves and who often prove their ignorance.

I get my yucks by answering the same stuff over and over again. :(

I'm seeing things your way now sid. I've gotten past my noobness and I'm seeing the ultimate reposting of the same *Rectal Matter* that I saw and, incidentally, posted long ago during the dark times of my Noobhood.

Things change quick don't they?

Maybe we should make people search for things first. Make them search and then not flame them for necroposting just incase they don't see their particular question answered.

For example:

They are looking for how to field strip an M4.

They search and find a BILLON threads about the M4 and field stripping. They find a good one and read it through 1st to last. They see every answer there in the posts, but only one piece of info is missing which would ultimatly solve their problem.

ALLOW THEM TO NECROPOST. THis would greatly decrease the amount of new posts. How many times have you seen a new post by a Noob saying... "I searched and it was all great, but I have one more question...[that wasn't answered in the orginal thread (link)...]"

Too many to count, huh?

That is my philosophy at least.....I don't know. Maybe this is a problem we should do a search for..... :blush: OH THE IRONY!!!

~P

TBH, I don't have a problem with repeating the same stuff.

I only get hacked off when I already know how a discussion is gonna go; what the other person is gonna say, I have my response ready, I know how they'll reply.

Honestly, for me it's never about scoring points or winning an argument. I just like to open peoples eyes (where neccesary) or get a point across. If I succeed then I'm happy.

Besides that, though, I like to just shoot the breeze so it's worth hanging around to do that.

Now, if you want real deja-vu, you should have visited my Sci Fi forums. There are movies I've watched frame-by-frame and had vidcaps in a huge photobucket album so that every time some noob came up with some obscvure "find" they could be suitably whupped with minimal effort.

Now that DID stop being fun after a while.

Erm......necroposting is NOT against the rules. If you genuinely have something to add, thats not a problem.

If you're raising the dead to get your post count up, well......we all know what happens.

Well, its not against the rules...but if someone does it some yappy come up and posts something like "This is a necro post. Go to hell noob."

Everytime there is a necro there is some idiot trying to play moderator telling the new member to shove his idea because he can't do it in a necropost.

Stupid. I think that if you have to tell someone that they have necroposted, you should be flamed. NOT the Noob who did it.

~P

As G_R said, it depends what you post. If you raise an old thread and genuinely add something to it, that's fine. Anyone having a go at that should be flamed themselves. I think the term "necro-posting" should be reserved for people digging up three month old threads just to say "I agree," or "lol." Then they can be flamed to oblivion.

:zorro:

As G_R said, it depends what you post. If you raise an old thread and genuinely add something to it, that's fine. Anyone having a go at that should be flamed themselves. I think the term "necro-posting" should be reserved for people digging up three month old threads just to say "I agree," or "lol." Then they can be flamed to oblivion.

:zorro:

Agreed.

(MAN! This post of mine would be funnier if it was months old.)

~P

Archived