New Retailer stocking STALKER TDU's

Mako159th

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christ sort your website out before going to market, no way am I spending over 10 quid with a business front end like that.

You might like the new wgc websites, theres lots of flash and its a pain in the *albatross* to use.

Who cares if the website doesn't look cool, if it provides good service then what else can you ask for? Gunsnguys.com is one of the best retailers I've ever used and thier website is really bad, but I always go there first when I want stuff.

You might like the new wgc websites, theres lots of flash and its a pain in the *albatross* to use.

Who cares if the website doesn't look cool, if it provides good service then what else can you ask for? Gunsnguys.com is one of the best retailers I've ever used and thier website is really bad, but I always go there first when I want stuff.

Where their website fails is presenting the goods to the customer in a facilitated & organized fashion. Products are offered yet at the same time are not available to order and no further information is available for them. Maybe it's just been my hiatus from airsoft, but the business side of airsoft has always been an 'Uncle Bob' affair for me. For example:

- No size chart, but notice of it is given. It just takes a bit of tape...

- Advertised patterns not available. No notice is given in relation to them (MARPAT, Multicam, CADPAT, ACU).

- No individual sizing for tops & bottoms in TDU sets. I guess I'm supposed to leave a note and hope it's attended to?

- Call for stock check.

- Double listed items (Flyye Go Bag US Khaki Tan listed twice)

- Backpack dimensions (again, tape?)

Nonetheless the retailer (Mako159) seems eager, communicative, and competent. That's probably what irritates me the most - he's putting the effort but the website lets him down!

PS: Hate WGC's new website. But thanks for the *albatross*-u-mption.

Where their website fails is presenting the goods to the customer in a facilitated & organized fashion. Products are offered yet at the same time are not available to order and no further information is available for them. Maybe it's just been my hiatus from airsoft, but the business side of airsoft has always been an 'Uncle Bob' affair for me. For example:

- No size chart, but notice of it is given. It just takes a bit of tape...

- Advertised patterns not available. No notice is given in relation to them (MARPAT, Multicam, CADPAT, ACU).

- No individual sizing for tops & bottoms in TDU sets. I guess I'm supposed to leave a note and hope it's attended to?

- Call for stock check.

- Double listed items (Flyye Go Bag US Khaki Tan listed twice)

- Backpack dimensions (again, tape?)

Nonetheless the retailer (Mako159) seems eager, communicative, and competent. That's probably what irritates me the most - he's putting the effort but the website lets him down!

PS: Hate WGC's new website. But thanks for the *albatross*-u-mption.

Thanks for the more 'structured' feedback.

Your comments have been noted and will be acted on.

The main issue we have at the moment is that stock moves so quickly that it is very dificult to keep the website updated with availability. This is also exacerbated by the way the website has been designed (we would have to have 40+ entries/items to be able to advise on stock levels for just the Stalker units). This is why we request that a customer drops us a quick e-mail to confirm that the item they are looking for is available and is in stock. I appreciate that this is not a perfect solution, but at least the customer can be guaranteed of accurate information when they do e-mail.

The dimensions issue will be worked on in the next few days (by the end of the week).

Again the Pattern availability is something that will be worked on today. The bottom line is that some patterns are simply not available - CADPAT being the main one....

Double listed items - sorry - I must have been tired when I was doing that...

Hope this goes some way to answering your comments.

Apart from the 10 patterns pictured, the text in the photo of the stalker tdu says that there are "many, many more..." Is Tiger stripe included among those many, many more? One of my team mates is really interested in a John Connors impression and is too lazy to make the trouser with the specific knee pads and pants. :D

So after recently selling off a load of my surplus kit, I was itching to use my Paypal balance on something :) I have always been a bit jealous of the Crye integrated knee pad designs, but am not a fan of Multicam. As soon as I saw this thread and the Stalker kit I decided to treat myself.

As already discussed, the website doesn't have all the details. But my email enquiry about sizes and stock was answered by Ian within a couple of hours. I then ordered on the website and got another email from Ian that they'd be dispatched next working day. They arrived the day after that! Can't fault the service at all :)

As for the Stalker TDU trousers? They are fantastic. A lot more money than I'd usually spend on gear for airsoft, but in 2 years I have never found a decent set of knee pads comfy enough for my creaky old legs. The quality is great, the fit is good and the knee pads are excellent - no more straps digging into the back of my legs :)

never before, have I found a retailer to be sooooo helpfull!!! from a simple question, to eagerly awaiting my new set of stalker trousers, Ian has been absolutely outstanding!!! credit where credit is due, who cares about a couple of little teething errors on a brand new website, when you can have any question, query problem answered and solved instantly!

Cant wait now, the final peice to the puzzle! :D

Thanks for the comments guys... have a few updates for you:

MARPAT is on order and will be in the country in 2 weeks - if you do have a specific order let me know before Tuesday ;)

DDPM is delayed - probably until November by the looks of it... I am not happy..

Flecktarn is in stock now... (looks nice)

UBACS tops will be in on Monday in Flecktarn and DPM - in 2 weeks I will also have TAN & MARPAT in in stock.

New Pictures are up on the site for each of the trousers (I cant take any decent ones of the jackets as none fit me as I am 6 foot seven... and they look like I am a school boy that has grown out of them - as soon as I have a willing model I will get some pictures up)...

Sizes for both the trousers and Jackets are now up...

Again thanks for the comments/feedback - its all good.

Again - website is being updated all the time - if you have any comments about it, or would liek to see something changed please drop me a line.

Balf

Give me a break.

Sizes are on every single Stalker item and have been for three days.... (apart from the jackets which will be done tomorrow).

Spelling will be seen to at some point in the very near future - one of the problems with copying text froma german site is that now and then you miss something...

Mmm equipment for stalkers? Might be just what I need... oh...ummm :P

Mako....youre gonna need to size down your sig a tad, or the mods will zzzzap it!

---

Actually moving onto the site...those look expensive but worth it! My ham-hock knees have always prevented me from wearing kneepads and those trousers look ideal.

Bushveldt is a very interesting camo I have never seen before. Might have to order me a set :)

It must be said, the website, it looks nice. the TDUs, they look nice, but the price... eish. D: knowing my playing style, i'd have torn them to shreds by the end of the winter season... £125 for a full set seems pricey. I might consider them if M84 Danish was available - I might consider getting a set for spring.... *might* :S

Quick question - why do they cost so much? I know they have loads of extras involved, but its all fabric and probably manufactured by some exploited Asian country, so why the high costs?

It must be said, the website, it looks nice. the TDUs, they look nice, but the price... eish. D: knowing my playing style, i'd have torn them to shreds by the end of the winter season... £125 for a full set seems pricey. I might consider them if M84 Danish was available - I might consider getting a set for spring.... *might* :S

Quick question - why do they cost so much? I know they have loads of extras involved, but its all fabric and probably manufactured by some exploited Asian country, so why the high costs?

Simple answer is that they are comparable to Crye trousers in many aspects... and we all know how much they cost. They have also been designed and are in use by several Military Units throughout the world and have been designed with them in mind.

They are also very good quality - stitching and fabric is spot on.

If you want to buy rubbish that will fall apart after a few uses then look elsewhere... I think the easiest way to think about it is that you get what you pay for.

Thats fair enough, thanks for the response. I just figured i'd ask because I have found that in the UK, we pay a lot more for what a product is worth, hence my questions about the high price. For example, I can get Spider short boards (surfboards) for around £100 if I jump on the phone to the guy who owns the factory in SA, yet the same boards over here in the UK can retail for £350+. And it doesnt cost much to ship one over - so I tend to take the ultra high costs that 90% of retailers put up as purely being greedy. Not to say the same about yourselves of course, I am just talking in general. Thanks again for the info.

Any word on M84 Danish pattern becoming available in the future?

Archived