JG G36 Review

guns023.jpg

By Side

Real steel History of the G36:

The G36 is a selective fire 5.56mm assault rifle, firing from a closed rotary bolt. The G36 has a conventional layout and a modular component design. Common to all variants of the G36 family are: the receiver and buttstock assembly, bolt carrier group with bolt and the return mechanism and guide rod. The receiver contains the barrel, carry handle with integrated sights, trigger group with pistol grip, handguard and magazine socket.

A German infantryman stands at the ready with his G36 during a practice exercise with US troops.

The G36 employs a free-floating barrel (the barrel does not contact the handguard). The barrel is fastened to the receiver with a special nut, which can be removed with a wrench. The barrel is produced using a cold hammer forging process and features a chrome-lined bore with 6 right-hand grooves and a 1 in 178 mm (1:7 in) rifling twist rate. The barrel assembly consists of the gas block, a collar with a bayonet lug that is also used to launch rifle grenades and a slotted flash suppressor.

The weapon can be stripped and re-assembled without tools through a system of cross-pins similar to that used on earlier HK designs. For cleaning purposes, the G36 disassembles into the following groups: receiver housing, return mechanism, bolt carrier group and trigger group.

First Impressions: Alright, this gun came in a styrofoam package with the usual charger,

battery, magazine, gun (of course) and a small pack of BB's that hit the garbage can even before I took the gun out of the box. Looking good so far.

Look and Feel: The gun's externals are almost completely plastic except for a few pody pins and the end of the stock which is some rubbery substance which actually feels real nice.

The top rail allows you to mount basically any sight

guns037.jpg

There are two rear sights, one with a bigger hole for CQB

guns031-1.jpg

And one with a smaller hole for longer ranged battles

guns032-1.jpg

The foregrip has holes to add two side Picatinny rails (as seen in the picture below) for tac lights and other accessories.

To get to the battery you need to take out this pin here:

guns026.jpg

The pin removed

guns027.jpg

Then you can just slide the grip off to find your battery compartment

The largest standard battery it can fit is a 9.6v small/mini type battery. Preferably a nunchuck/butterfly configuration.
If you want to put in a large battery up to 10.6V without the use of a external battery pack, you will have to buy a full sized stock and wire the battery to the stock.

guns028.jpg

Also, the G36 is slightly smaller than a JG M4A1 with the stock fully extended

guns034.jpg

However, it is slightly bigger then a Galaxy Mp5k

The inner barrel is 247mm long. Longer than an MP5 (110mm) but shorter than a M4 (363mm).

guns035.jpg

The stock folds for more compactness.

guns024.jpg

More review to come :)

If you want to see the whole review you can see it here:

http

://www.evike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f...88&start=0

Edited by GnGArmament

My favorite part of this gun is that you can stack up to 3 magazines together without having to reload (4 would just be way to awkward)

guns033.jpg

The gun is one solid piece of equipment. The Hi-cap magazine fits into the mag well perfectly with no wobble at all; however it is plastic so if you take a nasty fall I wouldn't count on this gun staying in one piece.

However, since this gun holds you down to only a small type battery unless you get a new stock or battery pouch: 17/20

Internals & Externals

My only problem with the look is over time your hand will make the gun look shiny, and also the gun comes in a pretty shiny black rather than a dull black which I would have preferred. However, I can't complain because this gun's externals are almost 100% ABS plastic.

guns025.jpg

And under the rail you can just pull this handle back to reveal the hop-up and adjustment knob

guns029.jpg

Now the build quality of this gun internally is amazing. This gun is arguably the best clone gun internally on the market. My friend opened the gun for me to re-shim the gun. However, he didn't have to because the gun was already excellently shimmed! Now that doesn't mean you should go off and run a Li-po on this gun but it can certainly hold its ground against high end AEG's.

It's a close copy of the TM G36c and both have ABS plastic bodies. Higher end versions such as the CA, SRC and STAR G36 are made with fiber reinforced nylon which are the flat graphite color.
This flat graphite color on more high end AEG's give the gun a more realistic color while the ABS will get shiny with hand oils over time.

I have a lot of experience with the JG G36 V3 gearboxes and they are very good (I use JG gearboxes in my CA G36 rifle) but I would never call it a masterpiece, especially after having seen a Systema or SRC V3 gearbox.

Still the JG's perform very well despite their rough looking parts.

The gun is very good internally for the price, however externally it is mainly plastic but I am not complaining For great internals but average externals 17/20

Performance: The gun with .2g Matrix BB's is more than 350 FPS because this gun sliced through both sides of a can like butter.

The FPS and ROF is impressive with only a 8.4V battery at around 13 RPS. I am sure you ROF whores could put in a 9.6V battery and get 20 RPS. So far I have put around 4,500 rounds through this gun without any problems. I can't stress how amazingly this gun was build internally.

For a great ROF and range even with a short barrel 19/20

Upgrade Availability: This gun is TM compatible and all you have to do is look for G36 upgrades as there are many companies that make G36 upgrades that can be found here.

Since this gun is TM compatible it offers a wide range of aftermarket parts, however not as many of aftermarket parts of guns like the M4.

For not as many aftermarket parts as some other airsoft gun's out there, but certainly more than enough to keep your gun running strong: 17/20

Field Test: I tested the G36 against the accuracy of my M4 at 80 feet with .2G Matrix BB's. I took 15 shots on semi-auto for each gun. The G36 shots are circled in green while the M4 shots are in red. As you can see the G36 has a much tighter grouping. However I had the hop-up a little to much hop on the G36 where the M4 shots went everywhere. I was extremely impressed that my G36 with a shorter barrel had better accuracy then an M4

guns039-1.jpg

For an impressive accuracy even with a short barrel length 19/20

Overall grade: 88/100

Final Verdict: If you don't have a huge budget like me, aren't good with mechbox work, a non-conformist, don't like armalites, and want something a little more out of the ordinary then this G36 is definitely for you.

Sorry for the delayed reply, have been on vacation. Hop-up construction is great. It gets farther range & accuracy then my JG M4 even with a lower FPS and a shorter barrel. Even before I cleaned the hop-up chamber and got all that chinese grease junk out of the chamber it still worked great. A good stock hop-up and in my own opinion won't need replacement, unless you want a metal hop-up chamber.