Tokyo Marui: Desert Warrior 4.3

Just got this in the mail today.

DSC_0635.JPG

Outside box, while nothing to rave about seems to be the standard artwork as of late.

DSC_0652.JPG

Inside (only comes with one mag, I ordered extras):

DSC_0654.JPG

Upon opening the box the first thing I see is the horrible orange paint. Being painted on plastic, had to make sure to take extra steps not to ruin it. After testing the underside of the slide with both types of nail polish remover, I found alcohol to work best. Thankfully Redwolf doesn't use thick orange paint like evike and others. The only problem I ran into was the plastic was actually painted with a matte FDE paint to cut down on the plastics shine. While removing the orange I had also removed a thin layer of paint. Its not even that noticeable in person unless you look really hard. The camera picked it up more so.

While being mostly plastic, other then the controls, it feels nice. Has the look of a hicappa, but the heart of a 1911. Takes 1911 mags from the MEU or 1911 Gov. models(confirmed). The Kimber style grips make it feel thicker which makes getting to the slide release a little harder one handed. While the rail can be removed, it looks weird having the holes there. The outer barrel is a shiny silver(sadly plastic)...which doesn't make it very tactical...just tacticool! Mould lines are like invisible. I can only find a few points where the plastic was snapped off, but usually in spots not seen.

The blowback is nice and crispy, typical of TM pistols. I chrono'd mine at 277-294fps with green gas. I'm not positive yet if it can handle green, but most TM's usually do. When looking at the slide, it doesn't seem to be re-enforced with any metal. Just surrounding the blow back unit. So that makes be think its a possible chance of the slide buckling at some point. If it does, I will buy an aftermarket metal slide when/if they do come out. Judging by the popularity of TM's gun its only a matter of time.

I don't have a 1911 specialized holster to test fit, but heard it fits in the serpa without the rail.

Price(Redwolf): $136

Shipping(from HK): $30

More pictures:

DSC_0633.JPG

DSC_0647.JPG

DSC_0658.JPG

DSC_0659.JPG

Beautiful pictures! Some quick questions:

how was the fit for the 1911 slide? drop-on with no mods? how was performance with the 1911 slide?

If it was an easy fit, I'll definitely be picking one up!

Also a picture request of the torch on with the 1911 slide :D

thank you and great job!

Well, it seems this Marui will not fit in any standard kydex or form holster molded for railed 1911s. The rail seems to have significantly more mass than standard railed frames like Warrior, Springield Operator … maybe someone can test out by chance.

A pitty they decided to drill those holes, as you can see on the picture. Otherwise it would have been perfect base to to a desert frame 1911 custom project with all elements and parts already on and just fitting a slide.

Well, it seems this Marui will not fit in any standard kydex or form holster molded for railed 1911s. The rail seems to have significantly more mass than standard railed frames like Warrior, Springield Operator … maybe someone can test out by chance.

The rail looks like a slightly bulkier version of the rail on the Sig GSR.

sig_gsr_sts-rail.jpg

Maybe if you backed the tension-screw out far enough it might fit a form holster designed for that pistol.

The more I see the Warrior, the more I like it. Only bad thing is that it seems to be sold out just about everywhere!

It is a real shame that they did not replica the RS Kimber Desert Warrior frame, which would have been a really big plus.

used mine at the weekend and it was an amazing little piece once I got the hop dialled in for 0.25g pellets. The rail was taken off as the ACM torch I have doesn't fit on and I don't mind the little holes too much.

FPS wise with 0.25g bbs at approx 13-14C was 225, which wasn't too shabby and the blowback was crisp and quite powerful. I manged to get every last BB out of one charge of gas and both mags I have locked back each time when empty.

Overall, i love it and would give it a 8/10 because of the rail and holes mainly.

• 1 month later...