Tokyo Marui: Desert Warrior 4.3

• 3 weeks later...

regarding that full mag usage.. I reckon that TM have changed the material of the magazine specifically for this one - It appears to be made of stainless steel as oppposed to the weird metal that comprises the usual TM M1911A1 magazines - that thinner wall allows for a fraction more gas which allows all the rounds and more to be fired out.

It was fantastic - nicer feeling than the standard 1911 - (a mixture of the grips and the sights methinks) but something else I noted (but did not have a chance to verify before I moved to Australia (sod it!) was that the Cone barrel does not allow the inner barrel to have much or any vertical change of position - the standard M1911A1 does from what I recall... mind you.. it was an old and worn version (stock).

Anyone tested it against the TM 1911A1 as yet?

As I mentioned in another thread, it should fit, as the flashlight covers the wide rail anyway.

Another possiblity would be heating a regular 1911 holster and try to deform it. Or maybe it could fit in a Glock holster? The Marui Beretta M92F fit in my real Safariland for 1911 with M3 light.

EDIT: I may have jackpotted here!

Firstly: here's a holster that does fit the DW with a flashlight, so also without it.

s3-1.jpg

Now, for the good part: from what I was able to see in pictures, the part of the rail that stands out the most may actually be little wider than the slide itself. See here:

s5.jpg

s4-1.jpg

Now, that would make it impossible to fit into a classic Safariland, as their shape replicates the narrower frame and the part where the front of the frame ends, as seen here:

s2-1.jpg

BUT: the new generation of chinese 6004 replicas actually are as wide where the frame and lower part of the slide would go as in the rest. If that groove is deep enough, there's good chance that some sanding of the interior of the holster could make it able to take the Marui (or WE) Desert Warrior.

s1-1.jpg

Edited by chas
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got my Desert Warrior yesterday. Just had enough time to put 4 mags worth the shots through it. Handled the .25's just fine with green gas and then I tried .20's with Duster and was please to see that it did quite well with that (as good as it worked in my Five Sevens).

I put my MEU slide on the tan frame and it looks super. Maybe they will do what they have done with the Five Seven and make green and black slides and frames so that we can mix them up and make vaious two tones.

I like the trigger better than what I've got on my MEU, not the looks but the pull weight. The Desert Warrior seems to me a bit heavier (I've always felt the MEU, 1911A1 and the Detonics are a bit too light).

The MEU sights are better as they are a bit higher profile and quicker to aquire, but the Desert Warriors are pretty good. I especially like the white dot in the front sight.

The plastic frame and slide are finished very well and are a nice dark matt tan. Darker than most of the pictures I've seen posted. Materials are excellent and I like the fact that the color is all the way thru the plastic and not a painted on feature. I don't think I'll bother with a metal kit on this one any time soon.

Only problem now is my son in college came home for a visit and wants one and I've made the deal that with "very good grades (hey, I'm paying the tuition) come some rewards". He's starting to drool (he's a hockey player, throws javelin and runs cross country so it's a natural thing lol), so we shall see just how bad he wants it. I'll just keep waiving it in his face and sending pictures to his e-mail (I am sooo evil).

All in all a good pistol. Will try to get some outdoor shooting on my range later this weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While the sights are NOVAK design, they are completely different from the NOVAK sights found on the TM MEU. The Desert Warrior sights are actually more compact and use a completely different dovetail. Both offer excellent sight pictures, but they are different.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

regarding that full mag usage.. I reckon that TM have changed the material of the magazine specifically for this one - It appears to be made of stainless steel as oppposed to the weird metal that comprises the usual TM M1911A1 magazines - that thinner wall allows for a fraction more gas which allows all the rounds and more to be fired out.

It was fantastic - nicer feeling than the standard 1911 - (a mixture of the grips and the sights methinks) but something else I noted (but did not have a chance to verify before I moved to Australia (sod it!) was that the Cone barrel does not allow the inner barrel to have much or any vertical change of position - the standard M1911A1 does from what I recall... mind you.. it was an old and worn version (stock).

Anyone tested it against the TM 1911A1 as yet?

yea i have wege, i now have the full plastic 1911a1 and the full metal TM/GAURDER one, and the desert warrior out performs both,in accuracy and performance

i took off the gay looking blonde (ivory) grips lol and replaced with laser grips :) i have two of them haha

DSC00001-14.jpg

DSC00002-17.jpg

Edited by rvp69
  • 2 months later...

As I mentioned in another thread, it should fit, as the flashlight covers the wide rail anyway.

Another possiblity would be heating a regular 1911 holster and try to deform it. Or maybe it could fit in a Glock holster? The Marui Beretta M92F fit in my real Safariland for 1911 with M3 light.

EDIT: I may have jackpotted here!

Firstly: here's a holster that does fit the DW with a flashlight, so also without it.

s3-1.jpg

Is this a Blackhawk holster and the light is their Xiphos?

If this is the case, which pistol fit did you choose as I can't seem to find a 1911 or Kimber fitting on the BH site :(