Big Chinese crackdown

Frontiers

Some damn retards used Airsoft toygun shells to make REAL guns, there was cybergun models showed and hundreds of guns that where modified from Airsoft guns to real guns by changing the insides :angry: , in the news all day they talk that no Chinese toy factories should make toyguns, damn idiots...now factories are even more scared here, they really don't need *suitcase* like that, some trading company apparently did this, bought the toyguns from factories and then modified them and there was a woman boss not very old even that was the ringleader, was shown on the news all day. they cracked down the warehouses and got like thousands of guns (real guns just used toygun covers) they even said they have sold to Hong Kong those...this kind of Smart asses get real people in trouble who want to do something for this sport. Don't know what to think of these idiots... :rocket::rules::headbutt::crazy::rvbteam::ranting2::rtfm::bam::rifle:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh fruitcage'in hell, so they got professionals to just use housing of an aeg or GBBR and crammed in real firearms. If MAG gets a hold of this, they'll have a field day with it, and also it will be spun that "anyone" can/could do these modifications, I think am over reacting here, so shall take a breather.

Some damn retards used Airsoft toygun shells to make REAL guns, there was cybergun models showed and hundreds of guns that where modified from Airsoft guns to real guns by changing the insides :angry: , in the news all day they talk that no Chinese toy factories should make toyguns, damn idiots...now factories are even more scared here, they really don't need *suitcase* like that, some trading company apparently did this, bought the toyguns from factories and then modified them and there was a woman boss not very old even that was the ringleader, was shown on the news all day. they cracked down the warehouses and got like thousands of guns (real guns just used toygun covers) they even said they have sold to Hong Kong those...this kind of Smart asses get real people in trouble who want to do something for this sport. Don't know what to think of these idiots... :rocket::rules::headbutt::crazy::rvbteam::ranting2::rtfm::bam::rifle:

Do you have any links to reports?

Greg.

I've never owned an airsoft gun that was solid enough to take the explosive stresses of a real round (IMHO)

Are you sure about all this?

im not blind mate ;) they didnt look pretty, you could clearly see they where all busted up (not like factory made, rough broken and put the stuff in)

Do you have any links to reports?

Greg.

i try to dig something from internet, it was in the CCTV news all day today. Part of the news (maybe about 3-4minutes part) they didnt even show blocked it away i wonder what that could had been, most likely something about Hong Kong or something. and most where pistols and shotguns, maybe couple other shaped guns, but not many M4 or Aks, mainly shotguns and pistols

Although I know the story wouldn't say anything about it but I wonder what caliber of bullet they were trying to use.... would be taking one hell of a chance that the gun would just explode on them. Not to mention I'd be terrified that it would come apart at any moment, specially when the damn thing got hot!

It all seems a bit odd to me.

Round here, an illegal firearm can go for less than a decent quality softer, so I have no idea what they had to gain????????

Greg.

in Asia like China there is no guns no anykind of guns, i think that was the idea to get somekind of an firearm. Many countries in Asia no have anykind of guns by the law. So far couldnt find anything maybe they hide it as it could mean the loss of face and especially its very near the 60th Anniversary, they dont want to do anything to get bad reputation or image to them.

Lets be honest, people get an idea in thier head and go hell bent to prove it is right and then the media just does its spin, and then you get something like this. I mean come on, its been proven that the bodies would brake, fall apart or even explode. If they are saying it can fire more than one (if they can fire at all and they would need actual proof of this, like a video or etsts carried out by experts), then perhaps they would have a case, but I just can't see that happening (And I don't really want to go into other areas that are not airsoft related).

Lets be honest, people get an idea in thier head and go hell bent to prove it is right and then the media just does its spin, and then you get something like this. I mean come on, its been proven that the bodies would brake, fall apart or even explode. If they are saying it can fire more than one (if they can fire at all and they would need actual proof of this, like a video or etsts carried out by experts), then perhaps they would have a case, but I just can't see that happening (And I don't really want to go into other areas that are not airsoft related).

Not to mention that even if they could get a reliable firing setup to make this happen from airsoft shells/bodies how could they also make it accurate? You can't just throw a tube in a gun and call it a barrel and hope to hit the broad side of anything with a high speed bullet. lolz look at our tube barrels, accuracy isn't garunteed even with a tightbore!

Just too many design factors to show its a bad idea.... and just dumb.

Not to mention that even if they could get a reliable firing setup to make this happen from airsoft shells/bodies how could they also make it accurate? You can't just throw a tube in a gun and call it a barrel and hope to hit the broad side of anything with a high speed bullet. lolz look at our tube barrels, accuracy isn't garunteed even with a tightbore!

Just too many design factors to show its a bad idea.... and just dumb.

Maybe. But how many campaigners have let the facts get in the way of a good witch-hunt? This could be bad.

lets hope our HK boys see this and if lucky someone sees it in their news, they have uncencored internet and news unlike we inside China everything is censored and blocked so its hard to get good info sometimes. They looked really busted up (barrels coming way long out from inside that normally would) and they showed also the workshop where they made those.

Maybe. But how many campaigners have let the facts get in the way of a good witch-hunt? This could be bad.

Agreed, someone is going to need a few political points to help gloss over all that money fraud recently. And since video games have been beaten to death.....

oh boy.

Yup, it's true, all China factories were forced to shut down for at least until after the 60th anniversary celebrations of Commi China in October. All HK/China online shops are now only selling their stocks and won't be able to restock until after the shut down is lifted.

http://nv.qianlong.com/33530/2009/09/15/2321@5173026.htm

here you can see video and txt about it :P try google translator or something, google is blocked on here now cannot help :(, they talk about airguns and toyguns being converted to lethal weapons shooting 12.10 joules in the tests in police station, not good at all :(

Those are ordinary airguns and airsoft guns, no word on modifications whatsoever.

Did anyone watched the video? I don't think they were talking about "modifying guns into REAL weapons"....they were talking about BB guns being BB GUNS! The guy weighed a .28g bb. They shoot at 88meter/s(that is NOT 12 js, more like 1j). And they demonstrated shooting a cardboard box. SO...

thats what i found from internet but earlier on the day in TV CCTV news they talked that those people converted toyguns to real ones, if you read the txt on down it says 12.10Joules you think i made that up :rolleyes:

thats what i found from internet but earlier on the day in TV CCTV news they talked that those people converted toyguns to real ones, if you read the txt on down it says 12.10Joules you think i made that up :rolleyes:

Nope, they were wrong. I just watched it again. The scientist claimed that "after calculating the speed of the gun being that it's 80 meter/s, the joules is about 12, which means that it can harm/kill someone"

Oh yeah, I'm chinese, and I understand mandarin. I thought we were all suppose to be good at math...lol. Damn scientists ruining our rep

heres the rough translation of the page:

CCTV Network News (Evening News): From the beginning of this year in March, the National Firearms launched a special action. Recently, the Ministry of Public Security supervise the handling of the 7.31 cases solved across the board.

This is a lawless elements from the Mainland and Hong Kong in collusion Fang Zhenqiang big group of criminal cases of trafficking. Cases in an important clue directed the activities of busy weeks in Guangzhou, Cui-di gang. This ZHOU Cui-Di is just criminal suspects fraudulent use of someone else's a false identity, the police found Cui Di weeks into account most of the money was quickly transferred out of, in the transfer of funds accounts, the police saw a familiar name - Yang both.

Guangzhou Public Security Bureau of Interpol, a large detachment commander Xie Biao: "The suspect was also in 2006 when the sale of such firearms, and then converted to an outside criminal elements 64 of our imitation pistol, we have to combat before."

Detachment of Guangzhou Public Security Bureau of Interpol squadron leader Liuming Hong: "This place is very hidden, we are tracking, allowing only one person upstairs and downstairs and down. Trace both can easily be found in Young, but to take waiting approach. Once both rushed to the Young goods found this place that is Young both the location of hidden guns is that this position. "

Find out the exact details later, and the Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department in the Ministry of Public Security under the unified command, in one fell swoop destroyed the trafficking Fang Zhenqiang group. Arrested 40 suspects, seized a total of air guns, Fang Zhenqiang 759.

Reporter: "This is the Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau Criminal Investigation Unit of the trace test center, 7.31 cases in all field guns and ammunition seized had been placed in here, then these guns and bullets is lethal, where the technical staff of the specialized testing. "

This is one of an air rifle for the speed test.

Inspection Center, Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau marks scout Lifu Hai: "We measured up to its muzzle speed is 80.02 meters per second, after the calculation has reached 12.10 joules, enough to prove that it has to cause functional disability."

Now let's look Zhezhi simulation pistol, technicians used the plastic shells in the shooting outside a meter thick cardboard, the results of two bullets penetrated the cardboard. If it is playing in the weak parts of the body's eyes, etc., enough to cause blindness.

Inspection Center, Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau marks Huang Weihong: "This is for several teams in Spain produced 4.5 millimeters 5.5 millimeters standard air rifle, here, is Taiwan's middle class is called vulture, here is a simulation of the pistol. Thanks to our speed and found that they are quite powerful, is entirely possible to cause disability and even death. "

At the scene, we see these Fang Zhenqiang appearance, texture, weight almost identical to genuine firearms, which are called the Fang Zhenqiang PPK, just a simple change, we will be able to use as genuine.

This is the Shenzhen police have seized an illegal website selling Fang Zhenqiang, in this pig model of Hong Kong, Internet, all kinds of Fang Zhenqiang everything, long dog refers to rifles, short dog refers to a pistol, dog food refers to bullets. Price from several hundred dollars to the previous ten thousand dollars.

Opened in relation to overseas websites, Internet sales territory is more secretive, they are usually the name of the name of selling military products only through acquaintance introduced only in the QQ space, display products, an underground trade.

At present, these trafficking Fang Zhenqiang The site has been sealed.

Ministry of Public Security Bureau of Firearms Management Branch, Qian Xiong Fei: "Our laws specifically prohibit production and sales Fang Zhenqiang, especially some toy manufacturers or sales outlets, do not leave things to chance to produce sales Fang Zhenqiang. Some fans are not going to easily be purchased from Fang Zhenqiang if it is found to be timely in reporting. "

so, it seems like a normal crack down plus a government manuipulation to have a bigger reason to crack down on airsoft in order to look good for their celebration. they must have caught some flack for shutting down airsoft production for the Olympics for no reason. i believe that 12j is ridiculous for any size BB traveling at a sub 300 FPS speed. they were probably just told to move a decimal place.

there was nothing about modifying to shoot real ammunition. maybe what you heard was speculation that was missconstrude by the sensors.

plus, they only stated the injuries possible were the ones we all know of and prevent weekly with responsible play styles.

Archived