Big Chinese crackdown

Frontiers

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The modification to live firearm accusation appears from the above to just be unfounded journalism as expected in the mass media internationally. I just thought I'd stress that, given the nature of the organisations which often visit this forum.

given the nature of the organisations which often visit this forum they'll just ignore your post and anything else that doesn't say what they want it to say.

Now this is a bit confusing...

So it a confirmed fact that all the major chinese factories (JG, CYMA, D-Boys, A&K, DE, BE, etc.) have all been shut down? Or is this all just speculation?

And if they have all been shut down, is it likely they will come back as per usual or are the bribes just not working anymore and the chinese airsoft gun industry may be done for good at this point?

In the same way that they can fit a real gun into an airsoft gun and say its converting a replica to fire real ammunition so they can ban airsoft:

I can put a real gun into a paper bag. Therefore paper bags can be converted to fire live ammunition Therefore paper bags should be banned.

I hope that whatever company that is making those m1892s manages to make me one before they all get arrested for this stupid publicity stunt.

In the same way that they can fit a real gun into an airsoft gun and say its converting a replica to fire real ammunition so they can ban airsoft:

I can put a real gun into a paper bag. Therefore paper bags can be converted to fire live ammunition Therefore paper bags should be banned.

I think it's been told time and time again that politicians and media don't give a damn about common sense, but what gets them votes/views.

+1 on the 1892.

I hope that whatever company that is making those m1892s manages to make me one before they all get arrested for this stupid publicity stunt.

Preaching to the choir freindo

Did anyone watched the video? I don't think they were talking about "modifying guns into REAL weapons"....they were talking about BB guns being BB GUNS! The guy weighed a .28g bb. They shoot at 88meter/s(that is NOT 12 js, more like 1j). And they demonstrated shooting a cardboard box. SO...

So the Chinese leaders are in fact cardboard dummies and therefore airsoft guns are dangerous to them. I can see no other explanation.

Anyone else see a price rise as a "result" of this :rolleyes: ? I don't think its much to worry about long term, just till mid December maybe we'll get certain retailers saying "it costs us more" or "its harder to get" to justify the 20-50 quid that the guns go up...

I'm not gonna close this yet but if it continues to rage out of control it's getting flushed. :waggle:

The thread is about a clamp-down on production of airsoft guns in China and how it affects us.

It's not about putting guns in paper bags or government conspiracies.

All I'm gonna add is that I think you're all nuts to endorse, and rely on, the supply of cheap chinese toy guns when, as this shows, it's a completely unreliable source.

factories closed themselves like they did for the olympics just to protect them, is better this way. Its gonna hard to see future in this market in here, its so damn unpredictable in here, you cannot know what Chinese Gov will think of next, they could shut down those anytime they wanted but i guess bribes keep them going still. But before in the news they where showing airsoft guns and talking that they converted them to lethal ammunition, i guess that would had been ###### just talk ###### to scare people out

Its gonna hard to see future in this market in here, its so damn unpredictable in here, you cannot know what Chinese Gov will think of next, they could shut down those anytime they wanted but i guess bribes keep them going still.

That's the thing though, isn't it?

It's illegal to produce airsoft guns in China.

The only way they get produced is because factory owners bribe the local police and government officials.

That's not a commercial base that I, as a customer, want to ever have to rely on.

You can't really blame your government.

Your government has ALREADY made airsoft illegal.

The fault lies with all the people who run factories doing something illegal and all the people who accept bribes to allow it to go on.

"It's illegal to produce airsoft guns in China"

Now thats something I didn't know.... learn something new everyday.

Is this another one of those it's illegal to produce but not to own? Cause these guns have to be SHIPPED by someone/company to get out of country right? And then a media scare from unvalidated sources just brewing in the honey pot?

Methinks the chinese clones have been working on borrowed time to begin with?

just a bit of a correction on a peripheral isue: :mellow:

in Asia like China there is no guns no any kind of guns, i think that was the idea to get some kind of an firearm. Many countries in Asia no have any kind of guns by the law. So far couldn't find anything maybe they hide it as it could mean the loss of face and especially its very near the 60th Anniversary, they don't want to do anything to get bad reputation or image to them.

ermm . . . on the contrary, mate, quite easy to acquire illegal guns in Asia, especially if you know where to look. shotguns are easiest because most private security guards use them; assault rifles are more difficult to acquire. AFAIK, harder to do so in HK and Japan but still possible. almost impossible in China, of course. here at home there's even a cottage industry in single shot and automatic RS lookalikes. and the illegals and lookalikes are often cheaper than most quality airsoft replicas. :(

cheers!

"It's illegal to produce airsoft guns in China"

Now thats something I didn't know.... learn something new everyday.

Is this another one of those it's illegal to produce but not to own? Cause these guns have to be SHIPPED by someone/company to get out of country right? And then a media scare from unvalidated sources just brewing in the honey pot?

Methinks the chinese clones have been working on borrowed time to begin with?

They are illegal to OWN or to PRODUCE, if you have one and cops see you, good luck mate :D , You're gonna need it :P

i thought it was only legal to produce and own airsoft guns strictly for the sake of exportation?

nah, any kind of firearm or replica is illegal to own and produce(there is 2 factories that have legal right to produce, Real Sword and Classic Army but they have some business with goverment together otherwise they wouldnt have rights to do them legally)

chinese guns suck anyway.

-Joe

that was pretty constructive comment...you mean $100 USD or less gun is not equal quality to $500 + USD gun so it must suck :rolleyes:

I thought slagging off clones was sooo 2006?

Also, yes its not a good idea to rely on something that is produced illegal, thats a very good point to make and it can relate to a lot of things.

I just hope that no-one here starts to go, "See they are too dangerous and should be banned", as they drive round in suv's, but never go off road (Sorry that is a pet hate of mine and not a refelction of airsofters, just my own single opinion). :huh:

Also, yes its not a good idea to rely on something that is produced illegal, thats a very good point to make and it can relate to a lot of things.

oh I dunno might be safer bet to rely on production from folks who are already banned from doing so (and thus have been forced to already adapt) than from firms who cheerfuly do so in countries where its currently legit ..after all if they wake up tomorrow to find production is suddenly banzorred in the country they're manufacturing in then its not something they've had to deal with.. :D

bottom line though (if you'll pardon the pun)- if musical toilet seats guaranteed higher volume sales and more profit per unit I wouldnt rely on any of them to keep churning these out..

Archived