Big Chinese crackdown

Frontiers

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a regular visitor to china, and i know a few wholesale airsoft companies in Guangzhou, as i have a small airsoft business in Dubai

I was in Guangzhou last week and they are all now out of stock of most Jing Jong, Cyma, and Dboys as they tell me these factories have been closed down. I think this crackdown started due to the Oct 2nd National Day last year, and will most likely continue into this year as the Asia Games will be held in Guangzhou this summer.

They did tell me of some rumours that maybe some of these companies may relocate to Vietnam or Thailand, but that is only rumours.

The Chinese authorities do not want ANYTHING to spoil these big events so they crack down on everything beforehand. ( not just airsoft )

However the good news is that accessories and gears seem ok, as long as showrooms don't display things like RAS and Metal bodies

please dont post false rumours and if you do post, please talk truth atleast, there is 0 places in Guangzhou where is toyguns, you should say like this, i go to Guangzhou to buy accessories and clothes period. nothing else there. And you did not post anything what we did not know except the rumour part that Vietnam or Thailand is somebody who was drunk and think it would be funny to say like this because it has 0 truth in it. And looking your posts mate, i can just think what would be possibly the motive you post that you only choose to post to bash down the Chinese makers... Nobody is not going to Vietnam/Thailand or Taiwan or whatever its ###### from someones *albartroth*. And showrooms have metal body parts (like the outside of gearbox come metal body) and RAS is every where which makes me even think , did you even go to Guangzhou? or just heard it as a "rumour" and decided to post it because it sounded cool to bash bit more Chinese again...sorry for my rant but im tired of people doing these "end is near" "Sky has fallen" "death for China airsoft" blaa blaa blaa... *Edit and the Asian games are this November 12th to 27th :P i don't know where that is classified as "Summer" but even here its more near the Winter ;)

please dont post false rumours and if you do post, please talk truth atleast, there is 0 places in Guangzhou where is toyguns, you should say like this, i go to Guangzhou to buy accessories and clothes period. nothing else there. And you did not post anything what we did not know except the rumour part that Vietnam or Thailand is somebody who was drunk and think it would be funny to say like this because it has 0 truth in it. And looking your posts mate, i can just think what would be possibly the motive you post that you only choose to post to bash down the Chinese makers... Nobody is not going to Vietnam/Thailand or Taiwan or whatever its ###### from someones *albartroth*. And showrooms have metal body parts (like the outside of gearbox come metal body) and RAS is every where which makes me even think , did you even go to Guangzhou? or just heard it as a "rumour" and decided to post it because it sounded cool to bash bit more Chinese again...sorry for my rant but im tired of people doing these "end is near" "Sky has fallen" "death for China airsoft" blaa blaa blaa... *Edit and the Asian games are this November 12th to 27th :P i don't know where that is classified as "Summer" but even here its more near the Winter ;)

Don't get me wrong, this is bad news, and i am not bashing China airsoft at all it's just what 2 different reputable wholesalers told me. In Dubai we only have china made AEGs so if it is true we are kind of screwed! I have been to Guangzhou many times, and i was there last week, Friday and Saturday to be precise. You can find some RAS in some showrooms that's true, but i think it is less than say one year ago, and in the run up the Oct 2nd many shops moved those kind of items back to the warehouse and did not display. My main wholesaler does not have any metal bodies or RAS in there showroom due to warnings from the police.

You are right about the asia games, it is in the Winter, i just guessed it was summer. Sorry my bad...but the wholesalers did tell me that there are worried about another crackdown due to the games

Don't get me wrong, this is bad news, and i am not bashing China airsoft at all it's just what 2 different reputable wholesalers told me. In Dubai we only have china made AEGs so if it is true we are kind of screwed! I have been to Guangzhou many times, and i was there last week, Friday and Saturday to be precise. You can find some RAS in some showrooms that's true, but i think it is less than say one year ago, and in the run up the Oct 2nd many shops moved those kind of items back to the warehouse and did not display. My main wholesaler does not have any metal bodies or RAS in there showroom due to warnings from the police.

You are right about the asia games, it is in the Winter, i just guessed it was summer. Sorry my bad...but the wholesalers did tell me that there are worried about another crackdown due to the games

nothing personal mate, but you said you go to Guangzhou and meet 2 reputable wholesalers there that sell toyguns? if i read correctly between the lines yes? their reputation just went down the toilet as only reputable sellers you can find from Chenghai, Shantou not in Guangzhou or Shenzhen or any other city so i wouldnt put much pressure on their words as they dont have a clue whats going on...every major event here have had a "crackdown" before it, that don't need a rocket scientist to figure it out ;) just see what has happened before in 2008 and 2009. And i quote you "I was in Guangzhou last week and they are all now out of stock of most Jing Jong, Cyma, and Dboys" if you are talking about accessories fine but if i understood correctly you where talking about Toyguns...those have not been there for years...and its long time since those where there so i don't really figure out why you would say that as its not true at all. Anyways nothing new under the sun here just can wait until Chinese new year comes.

nothing personal mate, but you said you go to Guangzhou and meet 2 reputable wholesalers there that sell toyguns? if i read correctly between the lines yes? their reputation just went down the toilet as only reputable sellers you can find from Chenghai, Shantou not in Guangzhou or Shenzhen or any other city so i wouldnt put much pressure on their words as they dont have a clue whats going on...every major event here have had a "crackdown" before it, that don't need a rocket scientist to figure it out ;) just see what has happened before in 2008 and 2009. And i quote you "I was in Guangzhou last week and they are all now out of stock of most Jing Jong, Cyma, and Dboys" if you are talking about accessories fine but if i understood correctly you where talking about Toyguns...those have not been there for years...and its long time since those where there so i don't really figure out why you would say that as its not true at all. Anyways nothing new under the sun here just can wait until Chinese new year comes.

No offence taken mate. I was not talking about AEG. Actually i was after Jing Gong and Dboys magazines in large quantities and this is when they told me about the closures. They have run out of all stock from these companies now. I have been offered AEG in GZ around the middle of last year, but i have never seem in any showroom, and at that time i did not want to take the risk anyway. Maybe it's not true, and in fact i hope it's not true, but this came from a big wholesaler, not just a 2m x 2m small shop in a plaza.

As you say, lets hope after chinese new year the supply starts up again.

No offence taken mate. I was not talking about AEG. Actually i was after Jing Gong and Dboys magazines in large quantities and this is when they told me about the closures. They have run out of all stock from these companies now. I have been offered AEG in GZ around the middle of last year, but i have never seem in any showroom, and at that time i did not want to take the risk anyway. Maybe it's not true, and in fact i hope it's not true, but this came from a big wholesaler, not just a 2m x 2m small shop in a plaza.

As you say, lets hope after chinese new year the supply starts up again.

Sorry for taking aggressive mood, didn't want, just looks i'm having a bad day today :( tired of everyone talking ###### of these things. Small quantities you can get but large quantities surely not as they are closed :(. If you want to buy those just buy from where they are made or from Hong Kong, if someone is offering elsewhere it could be a trap and you could be in a way for some major problems.

Sorry for taking aggressive mood, didn't want, just looks i'm having a bad day today :( tired of everyone talking ###### of these things. Small quantities you can get but large quantities surely not as they are closed :(. If you want to buy those just buy from where they are made or from Hong Kong, if someone is offering elsewhere it could be a trap and you could be in a way for some major problems.

No problem...I did not want to upset anyone, i just wanted to pass on what i have been told. I should be going back there later this month, and i will try and find out some more information. It could be they are just out of stock and they don't want me to go and look elsewhere

do you think the world expo is going to affect things even more,no one seems to have mentioned that this starts in a few months and lasts all year... i would have expected tighter security again,as you would think they would be trying to impress.

do you think it will frontiers??

do you think the world expo is going to affect things even more,no one seems to have mentioned that this starts in a few months and lasts all year... i would have expected tighter security again,as you would think they would be trying to impress.

do you think it will frontiers??

what world expo? never heard :D

i think the Expo dont affect here anything the Asian games could probably create some stirr, but gladly after this year i think nothing here for a while :P damn 3 years of torture haha, Olympic games, Independence day and bloody Asian games :P enough is enough :D

I have noticed echo1 are getting stock in.Are they having their stock made elsewhere or are Chinese guns begining to drip down to retailers?

Is there any word when stocks are expected to be back to normal{if ever}.

I really want the Dboys SCAR H,echo1 are advertising it & i'm about to get some cash which needs spending.

I have noticed echo1 are getting stock in.Are they having their stock made elsewhere or are Chinese guns begining to drip down to retailers?

Is there any word when stocks are expected to be back to normal{if ever}.

I really want the Dboys SCAR H,echo1 are advertising it & i'm about to get some cash which needs spending.

only small stocks was available before from one wholesaler, all factories are moving now or taking rest and getting ready for the Chinese new year which will come soon. i dont know which models of E1 you are talking about they rebrand taiwan models also like VFC so its hard to say.

only small stocks was available before from one wholesaler, all factories are moving now or taking rest and getting ready for the Chinese new year which will come soon. i dont know which models of E1 you are talking about they rebrand taiwan models also like VFC so its hard to say.

Ah right,i was under the impression they got their stock from China before doing their bit on it & rebranding it.Ah well,Chinese New Year will be a bit of fun i hope things can get back to normal after that?

They might have simply found the right palms to grease. (Remember, always bribe the top guy, and the next man down. The top guy will eventually retire and his second is likely to have some ambition.)

They might have simply found the right palms to grease. (Remember, always bribe the top guy, and the next man down. The top guy will eventually retire and his second is likely to have some ambition.)

well it don't matter which palm you grease now ;) as no lights in factories on those parts who make the toyguns haha

Archived