SRC G36c GenII Vs. JG G36c Review

I wrote this awile back in Feburary on a few other forums, I figured I'd post it up here. Some of my opinions in this review have changed since then, but remain just about the same regarding these two guns. Also pay no attention to the dates on the pics. I also appologize for all the posts, the picture restriction is like 10 here.

Star Rainbow Corporation G36c GENII and Jing Gong G36c Side by Side Review

By: Ion
G36picsandGearbox022-1.jpgSRCG36cReview004.jpg
Table of Contents

I. Intro

-First Impressions

-Price and other information

II. External

-Body/Build Materials and Other

III. Internals

-Stripping Guide

-Internal Components

IV. Performance

-Target Tests

-Functions

V. Upgrades and Accessories

-Internal

-External

VI. Conclusion

-Summary

-Ratings

Note: I will focus mostly on the SRC G36c, this is a review of both, so the JG will not be left out.In this review I will compare the SRC G36c GenII to its biggest competitor, the JG G36c.

I. Intro

While looking for a mid priced, decent replica G36c for my brother, the first option to show up was the Jing Gong G36c. The Classic Army and the STAR G36 models were way out of his price range. Being a CA owner, I had recommended him to save up for the CA, he did not want to wait or buy one used, but still I told him that it would not be the same material as the CA. Disappointed, we waited and decided not to order the JG. I came across the SRC G36c from AirsoftGI.com, that had apparently been released only a few days prior to me looking. I knew a little about SRC at the time, mostly from their RPK model. The SRC claimed to be made of the fiberglass body that we liked so much. Within a week the gun had been ordered and was on the way.First Impressions

Gun arrived at our house a few days later. One of the nice things about living so close to AirsoftGI is there store is in Socal, we live in Norcal, so shipping was no more than two days.

We were greeted with a large box and immediately tore it open.

SRCG36cReview001-1.jpg

Your standard stuff was included, a wall charger, manual, two 470rd hi-cap mags, unjamming rod, and a nice suprise... an Intellect 8.4v 1200mah mini battery.

SRCG36cReview006-1.jpg

(The JG will come with the same items, but the battery will be a hit or miss Shuang Ba 8.4v 1100mah battery.)

I immediately picked up the gun and my brother and I shouldered it a few times. Great feeling and a nice weight to it, its light but not too light. I also noticed that it had a birdcage style flashider and was a little disappointed that it didn't come with the correct one. Oh well, that’s what the Madbull Gemtech suppressor is for.Price and Other information

AirsoftGI: SRC G36c $199 when we bought it, the price has since dropped to $179.

JG G36c you can pick up for about $110.Other Information. For those who love what to know is metal on the outside, besides the obvious metal parts. SRC

Weight: 5.8lbs

Build Material: Nylon Fiber/Glass Fiber (polymer) JG

Weight: 5lbs

Build Material: ABS Plastic Metal Parts: SRC

Trigger

Body Pins

Stock Release Button

Flashider

Selector Switch

Mag Release

Handguard Rails

Bolt and Charging HandleMetal Parts: JG

Lower rail on handguard

Body Pins

Stock release button

Flashider

Edited by Ion

II. External

One of my favorite parts on this gun are its Externals. Externals are one of the most important things in my book but are evenly weighted with the internals. What's the point of it looking good if it can't hold its own right?

SRCG36cReview004-1.jpg

SRCG36cReview016-1.jpg

In this picture you can see the reflective ABS body of the JG (on bottom) and the more dull surface of the SRC (on top)

Body/Build Materials and Others

I'll start at the front of the guns and move back.

The flashider on the SRC is a M4 birdcage style flashider and is not correct to the real steel gun. The JG however comes with the proper 4-pronged flashider that we see on the real steel H&K G36c. The flashider on the SRC is easy to remove and can be taken off by removing a small allen wrench screw, and untwist from there. The JG secures the flashider on by a glue, so getting it off will require a little more work. There are a few ways to get it off of the JG, place the flashider in boiling water to warm the glue enough so that flashider can be taken off with little effort. Both barrels have the 14mm CCW threads, so attaching suppressors or other flashiders is possible.

SRCG36cReview008-1.jpg

Outer barrels are both made of ABS. The JG seems to have a little more protection for the inner barrel. (in case you decide you don't like using the handguard) Neither have wobble and both are incredibly sturdy. The JG outer barrel also has a little hook that holds the battery, this little hook will need to be removed if you want to use a higher voltage battery.

The handguard of the JG and the SRC have a few notable differences. The SRC comes with three high quality metal rails on it, where as the JG comes with one metal rail on the bottom of the handguard. The SRC rails are also numbered.

SRCG36cReview007-1.jpg

The SRC is made of a nice polymer and is much sturdier than the JG ABS handguard. The SRC does not have as much give as the JG does. While the JG is nice don't get me wrong, polymer externals are hard to be beat by ABS.

The SRC handguard is held in by a pin with a ball, seen on the left in this picture, while the JG uses a pin that is much more difficult to slide in and out. The SRC pin clicks in while the JG slides in and stays. Even the pins feel higher quality than the JG pins.

SRCG36cReview005-1.jpg

Moving back we come to the scope rail. The rail that is on the JG is an aftermarket CA scope rail, if anyone was wondering. Not much to say on the rail and the sights, just that the sights have two options that you can flip to get a larger rear sight hole, or a smaller rear sight hole. Both are sturdy and can handle being carried by the rail.

Now we get to the upper receiver, the lower receiver, and the magwell. The SRC upper receiver is considerably stronger than the JG.

Here is the SRC upper receiver. You can see part of the texture and the nice finish that is on the SRC.

SRCG36cReview013-1.jpg

Here is the JG upper receiver. You can see the reflective property of it that is common in most ABS plastic.

SRCG36cReview014-1.jpg

The trades. Sadly neither gun has trademarks. The SRC has a serial number and some warnings on the gun and the JG is completely blank.

The writing on the SRC reads "WARNING" "REFEER TO INTSTRUCTION MANUAL" (Yes, they spelled refer wrong on the gun, they put two "ee" in it. But what is funny is they spelled refer right on the magazine.) Then it reads "Cal 6 mm BB" and the number reads "R711788" I do not know if they are unique from gun to gun or not.

SRC This is also a good example of the finish that is on the SRC.

SRCG36cReview017-1.jpg

JG Not much to say, the picture explains itself.

SRCG36cReview018-1.jpg

Another great feature the SRC has is its metal bolt and charging handle. It slides smoothly along making a sliding sound of metal on metal, it releases fast and slams into the front with a nice "clang" of metal. The SRC bolt and handle has a nice finish with flat black. I actually prefer the charging handle on the SRC than the one on my CA8.

On the JG the charging handle and bolt are plastic, and also looks glossy. I have heard and seen of a few cases of them breaking. I don't see how unless your guns take a daily beating because the JG seems strong enough. It doesn't sound very good when released though. It sounds like more of a thump than anything.

A feature I noticed that may have been unintentional by the manufacturer is you can get the bolt to stay back along with the handle which makes adjusting the hop-up simple. You can do this on both the JG and the SRC. Pull the charging handle back and press the front of the handle down, release it and it stays, it should look like this.

SRCG36cReview015-1.jpg

Now moving down we get to the magwell and the magazine.

Another feature that SRC decide to put on their guns is the use of pins instead of pins with screws like those found on the JG, TM and CA models. This makes takedown a little quicker, but over time I would worry about the pins becoming too loose and falling out during a skirmish.

The magwell on the SRC has less flex than the magwell of my CA8, there I was impressed.

So why is having a sturdy magwell so important? Take for example if you fall, you land sideways on your mag, your mag will want to break out, instead it snaps your magwell. That is why having a strong magwell is important.

Now, as strong as the SRC magwell is, the JG has also seen quite a few falls being a "loaner gun." It has broken the tabs off of the mags, but has yet to break the magwell, so even thought the JG magwell has a lot of give in it, it is still sturdy and well built.

SRC also added another nice addition. The mag release is metal and has a tab at the bottom so you can switch mags out without taking your hand off the gun to move it. I have really long hands so switching mags quickly has never been a problem for me, but SRC is thinking outside the box and continues to add features to the gun.

The JG has a plastic mag release and feels a little flimsy to me. If hit too hard, it could be broken.

Here is the JG mag release

SRCG36cReview012-1.jpg

This is the SRC mag release

SRCG36cReview010-1.jpg

Moving your trigger finger down, you can push down and hit the mag release.

SRCG36cReview011-1.jpg

The Magazine.

The magazine is a standard 470rd hi-cap. The SRC feeds fine with no issues. But I do have some complaints about it. It does not fit well. It wobbles and moves while running. I also noticed it doesn't fit well in other magwells like JG and CA. It almost falls out in the JG. The SRC mag is made with a clearish plastic, so you can see the amount of ammo you have left. I don't particularly like it, but others may. The plastic is still sturdy and the mags clamp together with other brands of mags with no problems. Seem lines are also very visible on the SRC, and where the tabs were broken off during the molding process. The SRC mag has "trades" on it. This time they spelled "refer" correctly. On one side it reads "WARNING" "REFER TO INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL" "NOT FOR A REAL GUN" and on the other side it says "Kal.5.56mmX45" "SRC" and "MADE IN TAIWAN"

The JG is also a 470rd hi-cap. It also feeds fine with no issues. I do not have any complaints about the JG mag. The JG mag fits perfectly in the JG, CA, and fits the best, believe it or not in the SRC magwell. The JG mag is made with a flat black plastic and feels strong. We have broken a few tabs off the mags from people falling though, and the mags still keep going. The JG mags have no writing on them.

SRC mag on left.

SRCG36cReview003-1.jpg

In this picture you can see a little bit of the difference in the top of the mag.

SRCG36cReview002-1.jpg

Now moving back we come to the lower receiver/pistol grip.

I don't have much to say, the SRC grip feels comfortable in your hands and very strong. One of my favorite things about the G36 models is the pistol grip, I just have a liking for it. The JG feels more like a toy to me. The selector switch on the SRC snaps into place and is made of metal. The JG selector switch slides and doesn't click as much as the SRC. The SRC labels are brighter and more of a red than the JG. On the JG they are more of a red-orange, and more dull.

Now we come to the end of the gun, the stock.

The SRC stock is made of the polymer like the rest of the gun, making it incredibly sturdy. There has been talk about the stock wobbling on the SRCs. I haven't noticed any, and have moved the stock back and forth, no play in either way. The stock release button is metal and works good, and is easy to push. The stock fold clasps against the gun and just lift and pull to take it off the casing deflector.

The JG stock is also strong and is next to identical to the SRC besides being made of ABS. Both stocks have a rubber end at the stock, making it a little more comfy to rest against your shoulder. The sling mount is also on the stock.

Folded

G36picsandGearbox020.jpg

Unfolded

G36picsandGearbox018.jpg

III. Internals

So, what's inside?

Stripping Guide

http://www.mechbox.com/g36/g36c-disassembl...36c-disassembly <link to mechbox.com video.

The SRC has the same disassembly, but when I was taking it apart, I noticed that the metal hop-up is larger than the plastic one is, and when you push the hop-up all the way into the front to slide the lower receiver out, the air nozzle was still in the hop-up, so I had to maneuver a screwdriver in the hop-up to push the air nozzle back. It wasn't hard, it was just a little thing that I thought I would note.

Internal Components

Most people think the JG and the SRC internals are no where close to eachother. They are wrong, they are actually closer to eachother than I thought.

I'll start with the hop-up assembly and the barrel.

I will skip the barrel/hop-up in the JG. It's an average hop-up with good range and average accuracy.

SRC hop-up assembly and barrel

JGandSRCG36cpictures053-1.jpg

I was not impressed with the SRC metal hop-up. The dial is hard to adjust and gets stuck sometimes while in the gun. Other than that, its a great hop-up unit, I was not able to distinguish a great difference between the JG and the SRC in terms of performance, but the SRC has much better range than the JG does.

JGandSRCG36cpictures054-1.jpg

The barrel has a great crown on it and gives great accuracy. The barrel is G36c 247mm.

G36picsandGearbox023.jpg

Accuracy results. These shots were taken from exactly 100ft, measured with a yard stick. At the top, there is a flier from adjusting the hop-up.

review001-1.jpg

Good results in my opinion for a stock gun.

Bucking. Not much to say about it. Seems fine to me.

JGandSRCG36cpictures055-1.jpg

Good consistency. I get consistent fps results.

Now to the good stuff. I'll compare the JG and the SRC right next to eachother.

JG gearbox

JGG36gearbox001-1.jpg

SRC gearbox

JGandSRCG36cpictures045-1.jpg

Now the first noticeable thing is the casting of the gearbox shell. The JG is spotted and shows the inconsistencies of the casting and metal. The SRC is the same throughout. The quality of the casting and metal is comparable to CA shells. Both shells are 6mm and the SRC uses high quality metal bushings and the JG uses nylon bushings, nylon bushings are fine but when using a high rated battery it is wise to switch to metal bushings, the nylon ones can melt and or break.

JGandSRCG36cpictures047-1.jpg

Looking in the gearbox you can see the layout of the parts. I'll start in the front on each gearbox and move to the back. Note: the SRC part will come first followed by the JG part.

JGG36gearbox003.jpg

You can see in the JG that the gearbox looks dirty and "thrown" together.

The air nozzle on the SRC is a standard G36 air nozzle, it does not have an o-ring so you will loose compression. It slides along smoothly on the cylinder head.

JGG36gearbox012.jpg

The JG is in the same boat an air nozzle that doesn't have an o-ring and is made of polycarb like the SRC. The JG air nozzle doesn't seem to be a G36 nozzle, it is longer than the standard G36 air nozzle by about 1mm. This has been a problem for this JG G36c because it wouldn't feed, so it dry-fired. I replaced it with a Classic Army G36 air nozzle and the problem went away instantly.

Cylinder/cylinder head

JGandSRCG36cpictures051-1.jpg

SRC decided to use a full type 0, so putting in a new length barrel is just fine without switching the cylinder. The cylinder has a good seal between the cylinder and the cylinder head.

JGandSRCG36cpictures065-1.jpg

SRC used a one o-ring polycarb cylinder head. It has a rubber pad on the base, as most cylinders have this. SRC's cylinder head is the same material that JG uses, just another color. The rubber pad on the SRC is larger than the JG. The rubber pad (buffer pad) helps with vibrations in the gearbox, and helps with durability.

JGG36gearbox010-1.jpg

The JG uses the same thing, one o-ring, polycarb cylinder head, a smaller buffer pad, and has a good seal between the cylinder and cylinder head. The JG uses a brass cylinder and I think it is a type 2 or 3 because of the large port.

JGG36gearbox011-1.jpg

Looking down the cylinder.

Next is the tappet plate.

JGandSRCG36cpictures052-1.jpg

The SRC tappet plate is a strong polycarbonate, and is a blue color like some of the other gearbox parts. It holds the air nozzle firm so I wouldn't worry about it coming out of the tappet plate.

JGG36gearbox021-1.jpg

The JG seems to be made of strong polycarbonate and is an off white like some of the other gearbox parts. The JG tappet plate also holds the air nozzle secure.

Now we get to the piston/piston head.

JGandSRCG36cpictures050-1.jpg

I expected a 6-holed piston head in the SRC, but it had 4. As long as the compression is good, it doesn't really matter. It has decent compression not outstanding, but not bad either. I replaced it with a size #14 o-ring from the hardware store and it is perfect. #14 o-rings are about 59cents and are a great investment. The piston head seems solid and I doubt there is any chance of it breaking. The spring is also attached to the piston head. I had a really hard time getting the piston head off because the screw was so tight that it spun the part inside the piston. I eventually got it loose after using a pair of vicegrips and a vice.

JGG36gearbox008-1.jpg

The JG uses a 6-holed piston head, which I didn't expect to see in a JG. Now imagine the suprise that came when I tested the compression, it was next to perfect. I was really suprised, so I kept the stock o-ring in it. The JG piston head, is solid and I wouldn't worry about it breaking either, it is of high quality polycarb. The spring is also connected to the piston head in the JG.

The piston

I have always been impressed with the black piston that JG puts in their guns. JG hasn't changed the piston since their first generation and I hope they don't. Apparently SRC must have caught on, because the SRC has the exact same piston that the JG does.

JGandSRCG36cpictures049-1.jpg

SRC piston

JGG36gearbox009-1.jpg

JG piston

They feel the same, the look the same, they are made of the same material. It has one metal tooth in the front and the teeth show no signs of wear on either gun. And the JG has been running for a long time. Its a nice piston and there is no reason to replace it.

Spring Guide

JGandSRCG36cpictures048-1.jpg

SRC decided to go original and make a polycarb orange spring guide. It’s nice and should hold the spring fine. SRC put a thin washer on the back of the spring guide, but there is no substitute for bearings. It's better than the clear spring guides found in CYMAs and other clones. I was a little disappointed because AirsoftGI has the gun advertised with a metal spring guide, so I was expecting to see a metal spring guide.

JGG36gearbox005-1.jpg

JG uses the same polycarb spring guide, just not orange. It should hold up fine considering it is the same thing. JG also put a thin washer on their spring guide.

Trigger and wiring

JGandSRCG36cpictures068-1.jpg

The SRC trigger contacts show no signs of blacking. The trigger is made of metal. As with all V.3s they have a PITA trigger to get to stay, it takes some practice. Trigger housing is made of a blue polycarb.

JGG36gearbox019-1.jpg

The JG trigger contacts show no signs of blacking either, and this gun has been through quite a few rounds.

JGG36gearbox018-1.jpg

The JG trigger housing is made of polycarb also.

SRCG36cReview008-1.jpg

^here you can see the fuses on the JG and the SRC, they use the same design and the wiring looks the same to me.

Anti Reversal Latch

JGandSRCG36cpictures057-1.jpg

The SRC anti-reversal latch is also a nice piece of metal. It is unlabeled. The ARL spring isn't too strong so that it pushes the bevel gear out.

JGG36gearbox006-1.jpg

JG anti-reversal latch. A good piece of strong metal. It is unlabeled and works fine. The ARL spring works great, its not too strong that it pushes the bevel gear out of place.

In the newer JGs (7mm ones) I have seen, the ARL is labeled XYT.

Gears

One of my favorite internal parts. I'll start with the SRC gears. And to my suprise they were shimmed individually, yes you heard me right. I added a few more shims to the sector gear, but otherwise I left it alone. Outstanding for a clone.

JGandSRCG36cpictures067-1.jpg

The gears are a nice set of steel gears. They are unlabeled. I'll look at each gear individually. To me they look like your above average set of gears. They are nicer quality than XYT or the N-Z gears that I typically see with clones. They also have nice performance.

JGandSRCG36cpictures067-1.jpg

JGandSRCG36cpictures058-1.jpg

The sector gear. You can identify the SRC sector gear by its 4 holes in it. Most other sector gears I've seen have more than 4 holes. The sector gear will be a little slower than other sector gears because it doesn't have as many holes. More holes = less weight = faster revolution.

JGandSRCG36cpictures061-1.jpg

JGandSRCG36cpictures062-1.jpg

Spur gear. As you can see the gears aren't overgreased or lacking grease. It does use the typical "clone" grease though. Again, not much to say about it other than it is a nice gear.

JGandSRCG36cpictures059-1.jpg

JGandSRCG36cpictures060-1.jpg

Bevel gear. Not much to say either besides that it holds up to the torque of the monster SRC high torque motor.

The gears mesh together great and work good. There is four positions for the anti-reversal latch.

JGG36gearbox004-1.jpg

Next are the JG gears. Notice the grease. I call it dried maple syrup, its everywhere, sticky, and there is too much of it. The shimming was ok. I reshimmed it and noticed a bit of a difference in the sound of the gearbox.

JGs have been inconsistent in the gears they use, I had Classic Army gears in my M16, I have seen most commonly the XYT gears and unlabeled gear sets. In the new version JGs, JG uses a JG spur and a JG bevel gear and a XYT sector gear. The new JG gears are outstanding and really nice, I would say a step down from CA. The newer JGs also use next to no grease. But this is an older JG G36c so it won't have the newer gears.

JGG36gearbox014-1.jpg

Unknown brand sector gear. Notice the amount of holes. (Its more than the SRC) I don't have much to comment on them. They get the job done and are a decent set of gears. Another thing to note is the XYT sector gear has a sector clip, sector clips are a good thing to have on your sector gear when running high rof set-ups, they also help with feeding issues.

JGG36gearbox016-1.jpg

JGG36gearbox017-1.jpg

Unknown brand spur gear. Same thing as the sector gear, they work nicely and get the job done.

JGG36gearbox015-1.jpg

Unknown brand bevel gear. Same thing as above. It has four positions for the anti-reversal latch.

Motor

JGandSRCG36cpictures046-1.jpg

The SRC high torque. The SRC high torque is one of the highest torque stock motors you can buy. It has as much torque as a magnum motor. I have an SRC high torque pulling a PDI260% spring with 9.6v mini battery in my SL9. It doesn't give the highest rof but it is still decent. The wires are not soldered on the motor like you find in other V.3 guns. Soldered wires on the motor give a better connection, but the difference is unnoticeable.

JGG36gearbox024-1.jpg

The JG high torque is ok. It gives a good rof with the stock spring, but it has a lot of room for improvement. It is still a great motor. Better than many other clone motors. The JG motor also isn’t soldered on, it also has tabs like the SRC. Note: JGs can come with a variety of motors, some come with a motor labeled Shuang Ba which I have found to be a low torque motor, and the EG1000 equivalent that this JG came with.

As with most G36s they have a very fragile selector plate, the SRC’s is no exception. I broke it fairly quickly.

JGandSRCG36cpictures069.jpg

Luckily for me I had a spare CA G36 selector plate. So I threw that in. It’s a good idea to have a spare one of these. So remember to be extra careful when installing the gearbox.

Internally these two guns are very close. I prefer the bevel and sector gear on the SRC and prefer the Sector gear on the JG. Cylinder/cylinder head are the same, piston is the same, piston head on the JG is better, anti-reversal latches are the same, spring guides are the same, and the SRC high torque is outstanding, its many times better than the JG high torque. But the SRC high-torque could use some improvement on speed.

Edited by Ion

IV. Performance

Out of the box, the SRC and the JG are great performers. The SRC has great range and accuracy, combined with a decent rof. The JG has a higher rof, average range and ok accuracy.

Installing the battery will be annoying the first time you try it. It takes practice.

Start by removing the handguard pin. Then pull the handguard off.

Loadingpictures001.jpg

It should look like this

Loadingpictures002.jpg

Now, hook up the battery

Loadingpictures004.jpg

Now put the handguard back on

Loadingpictures003.jpg

Slide the handguard until it is in place, it should look the same as when you started.

Open the trap door on the top of the mag.

Loadingpictures006.jpg

Trap door should look like this. Now put your bbs in. And be sure to wind the wheel found at the bottom of the mag, wind the wheel until it becomes harder to turn. Put the mag in the gun.

Loadingpictures007.jpg

Now select semi auto or full auto, and shoot away.

Target Tests

Same picture as before. These shots were taken from exactly 100ft, measured with a yard stick. At the top, there is a flier from adjusting the hop-up. These are full auto results and spread for the SRC.

review001-1.jpg

Functions

Pull the charging handle back to reveal the hop-up. Turning the wheel up gives more hop-up and turning the wheel down gives less.

Not much else to comment about. The rail on top of the gun can take any 20mm mount.

V. Upgrades and Accessories

Both guns will take any V.3 gearbox part. The SRC does not have a TM compatible hop-up chamber. It will still take regular buckings and nubs, but the chamber itself cannot be changed to a TM style.

Internal

Normally I would recommend changing quite a few parts. However, on both guns they have shown that they are able to take an M110/SP110 stock. I always recommend changing the piston head o-ring with a size #14 from the hardware store. Also get a new air nozzle, one that has an o-ring in it. Also note that regular TM G36 styled air nozzles will not work with the SRC hop-up without a bit of modification. Otherwise the parts look like they can handle themselves with an M110/SP110. And this goes for both guns.

JGandSRCG36cpictures066.jpg

I put in a PDI 190% spring in the SRC. I replaced the o-ring, and then chrono'd it. It shot at 370fps. I was disappointed, looks like PDI put in the wrong spring AGAIN. I have heard of many cases of this, and have had a few ourselves. I most likely got a 150% or a 170% spring. I would go with an SP110 or a PPA 110, both springs are reliable and work great.

I would go with an SP110 or a PPA 110, both springs are reliable and work great. With good compression they will put you around 380-400+fps.

For a higher rated spring, I recommend you replace the spring guide with a bearing metal spring guide. The piston head on both guns will be fine and should last, but none of my guns ever stay stock. I would also recommend changing the bucking in the JG with a better one. Prommy soft and Systema buckings IMO are the best buckings you can buy.

Both guns are TM compatible.

External

Well, you can put on just about whatever you want on both guns. Both have rails on the handguard so you can put on whatever you want from grenade launchers to lasers.

Obviously there is no reason to replace the SRC's nylon fiber body. There is also no reason to replace the ABS body on the JG. The JG doesn't have the infamous "creak" as commonly found on earlier TM models.

Any aftermarket optics can be mounted on the 20mm rail on the JG and the SRC G36c. to mount a scope, you will need to remove the front and rear sight, or buy hi-rise mounts.

What else do you need to put on the gun?

VI. Conclusion

Finally.

Summary

SRC Summary

This is a great option for the veteran or the starter looking to get into airsoft. It has everything you need to get started and will be skirmish worthy out of the box. It is also a great option for a base gun for a project. With its strong externals and strong internals for a mid range price makes a great gun. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a worthy G36c replica without the pricetag of the CA, TM, and the KWA. Other guns in its price range are the Jing Gong V.3 guns, G&G plasticas, CA sportlines, A&K SR25 and the M16A4/SPR series, Dboys and CYMA AK series, and other misc. clones. Pretty good competition, but SRC is up there with them.

JG Summary

This gun is also a great option for the veteran or the starter looking to get into airsoft. It also has everything you need to get started. It is also skirmish worthy. Its decent externals and strong internals for a low price make the gun a good choice for anyone. I also highly recommend this replica. This gun is also in the same price range as the guns mentioned above. This JG is an older model, so I would say it's towards the middle on the spectrum.

Ratings

Best is a 10 lowest is a 1.

SRC

Overall quality - 7

External looks - 8

Internal overall - 7

Performance - 8

Price to quality - 9

Strength - 9

Overall - 8/10

Pros

-Its compact

-Its accurate

-Priced well

-Good quality

-Nylon fiber externals

-Good internals

-Price

-Strong selector switch

-Outstanding motor

-Intellect battery included

Cons

-Weak selector plate as found on all G36 variants

-Wrong flashider

-Annoying hop-up

JG

Overall quality - 7

External looks - 7

Internal overall - 6

Performance - 7

Price to quality - 10

Strength - 8

Overall - 7.5/10

Pros

-Low price

-Good quality

-Good performance

-Correct flashider

-Good internals

-Its compact

-Higher fps

-Flexible selector plate

-No creaks

-Excellent mags

-The ABS is strong

Cons

-Plastic bushings

-Poor QC (its a clone)

-Glued on flashider

-Poor battery included

-Seam lines

In the end I will take the SRC, the JG is nice, but the externals of the SRC put it ahead of the JG. Both are great guns and you will be happy with either. In my opinion it is worth it to save the $50 and get the SRC.

Thanks for reading. And if you made it through all of that reading then props to ya!

G36picsandGearbox019-1.jpg

Let me know if you see anything that could be improved, its been awile since I wrote it.

Edited by Ion

Good review man! Thats a lot of good information. When I got my SRC G36 Gen II though there are a few differences from yours. The most important was the piston on yours is different hten mine. Mine was green in color as is the new Piston color for them. I'm not sure the difference but I know it's not at all like the JG Piston I have here :) It's much nicer, It's made of (at least as far as I can tell) the same material that Prometheus uses on their Hard Piston. I also had a 4 port Piston head, but again, mine was green. The port holes looked a little bit bigger on mine. The compression was fantastic.

To be honest, I was really impressed. For a 200$ Plastic bodied gun I was in awe. Their KV stock is just as good as the G&P one and is 30$ cheaper. I was at a loss for words comparing it to a CA though, it's a world different. I'd take the SRC over a CA any day. Less work on the end :)

The JG flashhider wasn't meant to be glued on like that, it should be just glued on and there's a screw to secure it.

And I also broke my charging handle, it's the pivot point that snapped and it nearly flew into my dad's TV :P

Anyway, great review! I am missing my G36 already, I am 6 months away from it! :<

The JG flashhider wasn't meant to be glued on like that, it should be just glued on and there's a screw to secure it.

And I also broke my charging handle, it's the pivot point that snapped and it nearly flew into my dad's TV :P

Anyway, great review! I am missing my G36 already, I am 6 months away from it! :<

It is glued on for the US market i beleive as they have to have orange non-removable flash hiders. The rest of the world it is not glued.

Other notes, current generation JG G36s have 7mm ,metal bushings rather than nylon (although my nylon ones are still going strong after almost 18 months)

The photo looking at the end of the barrel... the outer barrel appears to be badly machined as the hole for the inner barrel is off centre

Edited by LordElpus
  • 5 weeks later...

Yep, I had a SRC g36c a while back, sold it, missed it, and now I'm almost ready to buy a new SRC g36kv! And about the spring guide, I also realized that it was advertised as metal and came with a plastic one, so Airsoft GI sent me a free metal spring guide, with bearings! Awesome review, I thouroughly agree with everything stated in the review, EXCEPT the piston. My G36c came with a total ###### green piston that stripped after about 200 shots after I installed a modify sp110 spring, so G36 buyers beware!(this piston is also included in the GEN III models, so be careful)

-AWESOME REVIEW/COMPARISON!