Modify: Torus gearbox V2 available!

Warning

Received the Torus shell today. Took some pictures for anyone interested. They are not the best pictures, but they give an good enough indication.

Just holding this, you can feel the difference between a stock shell (Compared to my JG shell) and this. It's super smooth and quite heavy.

SS100710.jpg

SS100713.jpg

SS100714.jpg

SS100715.jpg

SS100717.jpg

Yeah, its amazing after all these years they still don't pre-radius the shells :huh: Casting looks pretty decent though, the tappet plate is putting me off getting one though until they release spares.

Nah, its not just you, everyone pretty much has a clean enviroment when working on a gearbox. Haha. adadqgg (HX on other forums) is just bagging on somthing he doesn't have a clue about or finding some way to pick at some product he doesn't like. (hence why he's banned on other forums)

I can't see a rock getting in there unless you decide you want to put some rocks in your gearbox.

Darn shame the Modify shell supposedly doesn't work in G&P bodies. I think highly of their products. I've had great results with their cylinder kits and gearsets. They should look into making high-torque motors.

It sounds like you are trying to make your self seem pro, even though you would get CA SVD instead of RealSword. LOL

I carry two gearboxes into the field(as in, while playing), one low fps and one high fps, and if I were to carry a Modify gearbox into the field(holes on the side that can get rocks directly onto the gears), it will fail.

Conventional TM styled V2 gearbox sucks anyway(huge holes behind cylinder...), the G3 style V2 gearboxes are much better.

Modify made some pretty bad parts in the past(cylinder set with bad air seal... which completely defeats the purpose of buying a set).

I carry two gearboxes into the field(as in, while playing), one low fps and one high fps, and if I were to carry a Modify gearbox into the field(holes on the side that can get rocks directly onto the gears), it will fail.

LDPE_Ziplock_Bag_Plastic_Bag_Packaging_Bag_Zip_loc.jpg

From the sounds of it he is making a huge mistake anyway.

One high fps and one low fps box?

Aren't there systems much better suited to that kind of thing than a conventional V2 gearbox?

Oh yes, its called the ICS M4 split V2 box and the Systema PTW! I find it a bit mad that someone would strip a gun down and change the entire gearbox rather than just have an extra lower or one of the split systems instead, if the modify gearbox was in a lower most of the holes would be covered anyway.

There is also a certain irony in his post about 'conventional TM V2 boxes' but he then praises G3/MP5 styled boxes which are, erm, conventional TM V2 boxes too!

Having a 350fps and a 300fps gearbox for my g36 was always the plan but i have yet to get around to doing it. The only difference to the fuss maker is that it would have been a complete deal.. as in gearbox, motor and lower receiver so it would be a job of seconds to switch between cqb and woodland.

Yeah, or just carry an entire secondary weapon, and learn to sling/holster the inactive gun properly. More TaQticool that way too! Or do it Ripley-style and break out the duct tape.

Gawd, that huge pic of the baggies I posted is annoying as hell, lol.

Archived