• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good review, thanks for this!

No problem. :D

THANKS LUIS so over all if you had to do it all over again what set up would you use ?

No problem man.

If I had to get another set-up I'd definitely consider the JDT BCG. However I'd definitely go to my local machine shop and get it lightened. I'd have alot of material removed from the rear. This is for better cycling, ROF, and gas consumption.

I'd consider the JDT again just because of its price and its indestructable design. If it was a standard WA design then I would never get the JDT again......

Be aware that the only aluminum nozzles on the market are the RA-Tech, Inokatsu, and the JDT. These are all indestructable under propane/GG use.

Another setup I'd highly consider is getting an AGM BCG and a $60 NPAS. That's an aluminum part #2. It'll last way more. Just glue down the steel bolt catch nub with industrial glue.

Finally, a Pro-Arms loading nozzle with an RA-Tech $60 NPAS is a great setup in theory. The Pro-Arms loading nozzle is reinforced at the rear and the NPAS #2 part is aluminum. That'll last for a very long time. If any company ever clones the Pro-Arms nozzle then I'll run that setup for a long time along with my JDT.

There are many etups out there that'll work. You can build them on your own depending on your needs. I listed some of the more effective and economical ones.

Please let me know if you need anymore help.

Thanks,

-Luis

Looking at the video I am not sure if my NAPS valve will fit into that nozzle. do you know if one will fit?

No, your $60 NPAS valve will NOT fit. Unfortunately.

Your NPAS valve is made for the original WA design. This new BCG is based off of Inokatsu's 2009 design. We'll have to wait for RA-Tech to release an new NPAS valve.

Also, like I said, an RA-Tech $15 flute valve and key will NOT convert the JDT nozzle into an NPAS. It's not adjustable in design.

-Luis

I tried to put the JDT nozzle onto the agm Bolt carrier, to gain weight, but the nozzle is too loose :(

(My plan was to purchase one of those Vltor Style BC from EBB and stick that nozzle into it but I guess that won't be possible, so I'm gonna wait for a npas clone or metal nozzle for WA clone)

Edited by Pradal-Serey
I tried to put the JDT nozzle onto the agm Bolt carrier, to gain weight, but the nozzle is too loose :(

(My plan was to purchase one of those Vltor Style BC from EBB and stick that nozzle into it but I guess that won't be possible, so I'm gonna wait for a npas clone or metal nozzle for WA clone)

Yeah, it won't work.

It's a different design, Inokatsu 2009 style. The loading nozzle is narrower on the JDT. Also, the sidelock plate is different so that isn't compatible either.

-Luis

So Luis have you tried drilling out that BCG yet? It seems like it's gonna need to function even patially well... :(

Hopefully the production version of the '09 bolt will have the lightening cuts (and thats the reason why I have to wait another freakin' month for mine :P)!

I might get some material CNC machined off of the back.

I see. So can these BCGs really be Inokatsu rejects? The amazing quality makes me think. Either way, I wonder if any early 2009 Inokatsu users have the heavy BCG as well......

-Luis

I've read whole review topic for the AGM, and as i own one myself, im looking for someway to upgrade it.

Would it be possible, to just use the steel nozzle from JDT and put that beast into any other aftermarket bolt carriers that isnt a brick? lets say a bku aluminium, thus making a pair and should come up to a weight of the stock AGM (resulting in no lack of ROF).

or is it useless as the JDT uses ino 2009 design, and wouldnt fit/lock in any other aftermarket Bolt carriers ?

Well i dont really want an aluminium, i just wanna decrease the weight of the JDT BCG, as it weighs like a brick, and cycling the gun becomes difficult.

My goal is to make the gun as durable as possible, without spending loads of money on it. So my decision fell on AGM and figured i can always swap out parts that break (as theres loads of cheap clone parts), but ofc i want to minimize the risk. Steel BCG would be nice, but atm the only one thats cheap enough is way to heavy.

And ive looked at it and the only option to shave of weight of the thing is at the back of the nozzel/BC, and would that be enough to make a diffrence ?

Well i dont really want an aluminium, i just wanna decrease the weight of the JDT BCG, as it weighs like a brick, and cycling the gun becomes difficult.

My goal is to make the gun as durable as possible, without spending loads of money on it. So my decision fell on AGM and figured i can always swap out parts that break (as theres loads of cheap clone parts), but ofc i want to minimize the risk. Steel BCG would be nice, but atm the only one thats cheap enough is way to heavy.

And ive looked at it and the only option to shave of weight of the thing is at the back of the nozzel/BC, and would that be enough to make a diffrence ?

The loading nozzle is NOT steel. It's Aluminum, only the back part of the nozzle is steel.

And like Multikasha said, the loading nozzle only fits into the new 2009 Inokatsu Bolt Carrier.

You can always take off material from the back but I'm not sure if it will make a huge difference. If you can take away at least 70g-80g then you'll be good to go.

-Luis

aah right, should have payed attention to that detail..

Well 70-80grams is almost 1/3 of the bolt, i doubt it can be done without disrupting the mechanism.

You could try and make the hole in the BC a lot bigger thou, and as its so thick i don't think it would compromise the structure of it.

Combine that with shaving off off the back, and you could cut down some of the weight at least.

aah right, should have payed attention to that detail..

Well 70-80grams is almost 1/3 of the bolt, i doubt it can be done without disrupting the mechanism.

You could try and make the hole in the BC a lot bigger thou, and as its so thick i don't think it would compromise the structure of it.

Combine that with shaving off off the back, and you could cut down some of the weight at least.

Yeah, the BCG is said to weigh around 325g. I need to confirm that. However if it's accurate then 80g would be 1/4th of the original weight.

I'll see what I can do. I'm telling you guys, if this BCG wasn't so damn heavy then it would be the best setup on the market hands down. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks,

-Luis

taiwansteelbolta1.jpg

You guys could mill out a lot of the rear end of the BCG. Since the walls of the BCG so thick, one could mill out a lot more material than on the picture. The milling should cut off considerable weight, though I'm not sure how much. But it'd probably be more than simply hollowing out the BCG. Oh, and one could replace the gas key with an aluminum one if there is one that could replace it.

Edited by Mental Medic

FWIW, I notice that the hole through the middle of a BCG is not concentric.

If you decide to lighten the BCG, you need to bung it in a 4-jaw chuck and bore it out eccentrically.

Liking the design of the rear part of the JDT bolt.

I have an idea for something but it won't be possible with the normal WA design of bolt so I need an Inok' style bolt to try it.

Hopefully, by the time I get around to it, there'll be more inok style bolts and BCGs to choose from.