JDT Steel Bolt Carrier Group Review

You can still mill the back of the carrier regardless of eccentricity. Or you can still chuck up the end part which should be cocentric. This would be easy if the gas key can come off.

Not vey well.

The wall on one side is wayyy thinner than the other side.

If you try and bore it concentrically you'll only be able to remove 1mm or so of metal.

If you do it properly you can probably remove at least two or three times as much.

Course, there's no reason why you couldn't mount the BCG in a 3 jaw chuck with a shim on one side to offset it suitably.

I can see myself buying one of these for my AGM gun at some point. When that happens I'll probably drill a bunch of big holes through the left side of the BCG at the very least.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one thing that might be worth a try is increasing the length of the valve lock cut out to increase dwell time of the valve lock

as a rough guesstimate Im thinking of trying to duplicate cubic capacity of the WA which puts us at somewhere in region of 23.3mm length for the cut out (up from original 17mm)

Ino's 15.8mm bore x 17mm stroke sees 3.33cc of capacity fed by gas from the mag before the valve shuts off

whereas WA's 18.5mm bore x 17mm stroke sees 4.57cc

sooo..

15.8mm Ino bore with increased 23.3mm stroke = 4.57cc

one thing that might be worth a try is increasing the length of the valve lock cut out to increase dwell time of the valve lock

as a rough guesstimate Im thinking of trying to duplicate cubic capacity of the WA which puts us at somewhere in region of 23.3mm length for the cut out (up from original 17mm)

Ino's 15.8mm bore x 17mm stroke sees 3.33cc of capacity fed by gas from the mag before the valve shuts off

whereas WA's 18.5mm bore x 17mm stroke sees 4.57cc

sooo..

15.8mm Ino bore with increased 23.3mm stroke = 4.57cc

Wow dude, that's impressive. Caught me sleeping, I didn't think of that.

I really appreciate that you pointed that out. I'll see what can be done.

I'll keep everyone informed.

Thanks,

-Luis

Great review Luis!

I definitely need one of these to put in my WOC (that still has to arrive :()

It will probably say "hello" to my CNC mill though...

Thanks.

Definitely take it to the CNC mill. :D

awesome awesome! now... i will buy one for my GBBR

Make sure to use your stock plastic buffer if you're using an AGM or a Western Arms.

-Luis

photo-1.jpg

Luis' carrier chucked up in my 3-Jaw. Its true there isnt much material to remove from the bore here. Chucking eccentrically means you can make the rear hole an oval more or less. Requires a boring bar and a 4-Jaw. We probably won't go this route unless the rest of the milled cuts cant get us to the target weight (which I think they will).

This thing weighs a ton. Made worse only by the fact that the blowback chamber is a tiny bore.

photo-1.jpg

Luis' carrier chucked up in my 3-Jaw. Its true there isnt much material to remove from the bore here. Chucking eccentrically means you can make the rear hole an oval more or less. Requires a boring bar and a 4-Jaw. We probably won't go this route unless the rest of the milled cuts cant get us to the target weight (which I think they will).

This thing weighs a ton. Made worse only by the fact that the blowback chamber is a tiny bore.

Ah, there it is. :D

Yes, the blowback chamber kills it. Small chamber, thicker walls, more weight.....

Bad overall.

-Luis

• 2 weeks later...

So finally I got my BCG.

The finish is cool, and yes, its heavy. As i said, I have tested it with CO2. I installed stronger recoil spring, for better ROF and start shooting. 

Only a few shoots on video because it is impossible to full fill the magazine using a 12g cartridge. Bud you can do it with a paintball bottle. I also made my hammer spring more tough, so the magazine valve on CO2 is not any problem now.

The only issue with CO2 are valves in magazines. They jams a lot. I am working on it :)

WA M4 on CO2

fotkaas.jpg

Edited by sebin90

I would recommend you not to do that anymore :) .

The thing that should be achieved in CO2 usage is that you could plug in the 12 gram cartridge in your mag like in the WE system. In that mag you would have some thingy for regulating the pressure of your CO2 (making it 200 psi instead of 800 psi) thous making it a bit more powerful than green, more stable, and less likely blow up your internals. Getting unregulated CO2 directly in your mag via madbull adapter is not good as you can fill it for a very little amount (bb per fill), and it will cause breakage to your internals eventually. Also filling regulated CO2 vial madbull regulated adapter is also a not good.

Was the standart M4 an G&P or WA?

How much FPS makes it?

It is an upgraded WA M4 - G&P metal body, steel sear, hammer, bolt catch, the rest of fire control is stock WA. G&P Hop up chamber.

I don't have a chrono, but i tested it on another BCG (RA-Tech NPAS installed in stock plastic G&P nozzle, RAT Bolt carrier), it shotted about 400 fps on i think NPAS at 40%.

I would recommend you not to do that anymore .

The thing that should be achieved in CO2 usage is that you could plug in the 12 gram cartridge in your mag like in the WE system. In that mag you would have some thingy for regulating the pressure of your CO2 (making it 200 psi instead of 800 psi) thous making it a bit more powerful than green, more stable, and less likely blow up your internals. Getting unregulated CO2 directly in your mag via madbull adapter is not good as you can fill it for a very little amount (bb per fill), and it will cause breakage to your internals eventually. Also filling regulated CO2 vial madbull regulated adapter is also a not good.

I already shotted about 1000 rounds on my RAT BCG (with plastic nozzle!), so it is quite reliable - the BCG works as worked before. No visible usage after that.

I agree with you, reducing pressure to 200-300 psi would be great, but i have no idea how to make it. Also plugging 12g cartridge would be great.

But I don't agree, that you can't shoot many rounds using Madbull adapter. Just use it with paintball bottle, 30 rounds without refilling are no problem then.

Sebin I'm loving your setup dude!

The recoil and cycling looks amazing. Be aware that propane is about 150ish PSI. You got your co2 at about 800 PSI. That's alot of juice. I'm really contemplating getting an adjustable Madbull CO2 charger hooked up to a paintball CO2 bottle. I'll run that setup if I can get all my mags to stop leaking gas 100%.

Do your stock GHK mags leak at all? A little?

Once again, great video. It looks great!

-Luis

All my ghk magazines didn't leak at all. Ow, one leaked, but that was unscrewed gas tube :)

If my new, stronger springs in magazine valves will solve the problem of jaming, that would be great!

I'm really contemplating getting an adjustable Madbull CO2 charger hooked up to a paintball CO2 bottle.

I have to say, that you can't fill magazine with liquid CO2 with this adjustable valve.

It have to be liquid if you want to shoot more rounds than 2 or 3 :)

Sebin

PS

Magpul PTS Stock coming :D

All my ghk magazines didn't leak at all. Ow, one leaked, but that was unscrewed gas tube :)

If my new, stronger springs in magazine valves will solve the problem of jaming, that would be great!

I have to say, that you can't fill magazine with liquid CO2 with this adjustable valve.

It have to be liquid if you want to shoot more rounds than 2 or 3 :)

Sebin

PS

Magpul PTS Stock coming :D

Well, I just bought a Madbull CO2 charger. I'll see if I can fill my 5KU mags with a CO2 paintball tank.

-Luis

I have to say it can be very dangerous. It could explode. Be careful!

Yes, I know. Especially since the magazine is kept together only by pins....

You said that your GHK mags did not leak at 800 PSI, right?

If so then I might look into getting some GHKs.

Thanks,

-Luis