JDT Steel Bolt Carrier Group Review

I'm sure its much less than 80g removed. I left the holes a little but smaller than they could be because I'd rather Luis make the call as too how much he wants to remove. With the holes pre-drilled like this he can easily go up to 5/16 and then 3/8 incrementally without much trouble, even with a cordless drill.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huge thanks goes out to t_hum! I highly appreciate it man!

I'll post up results for the rest of the community once it comes in. Speaking of testing, I'll be going to a huge game this Sunday that'll last about 8 hours or so of non-stop airsoft. That'll give it a good field test, which is what really matters.

I'll chime in.

Thanks again t_hum!

-Luis

• 4 months later...

I finaly have my CNC mill running smooth, so I decided to let it have a go on my JDT carrier

I got the weight down to about 256gr. I forgot to weigh it before getting started, but my calculations say I shaved off around 35gr.

post-27570-1269878885_thumb.jpg

how really uses their forward assist (without braking something) anyway?

Day in, day out!

No, seriously, I didn't do that because it would barely make a difference anyway.

Does the bolt runs good?

I suppose it does make a difference, but I wouldn't use it on FA.

The BCG is doomed to be slow due to the reduced piston size, not the weight if you ask me.

I'm sorry my previous post was so short:

The carrier itself now clocks in at 200gr. In comparison, the original G&P weighs 160gr.

However, combined with the nozzle and gas key, the JDT is 256gr while the G&P ends at 180gr.

I doubt it is worth cutting more out.

By the way: I used a 5mm VHM TiAlN 4-flute endmill... went through the steel as a hot knife through butter :P

Edited by Schaap
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Me and my mates were doing a photo shoot where we had to get wet... so it was a good place to test my AGM M4 in the wet... But yeah, there was no problem to the platform at all... before it went into the water I did spray lots and lots of silicon spray on it tho...

Afterwards the only thing I had to do was rinse it with some clean water, dry it up and sprayed some more silicon spray and its good to go :D

• 3 months later...