VFC Combat Master & A/NPEQ-15 Advanced Target Pointer Illuminator Aiming Light

pjcat1

Wow he owned those paper targets.

What a tool.

I ain't no fanboy, but I respect the guy. Yours is the dumbest comment I've heard for a long time.

What else would ya do live fire drills with?

"What a tool" indeed.

Back on topic....

I'm liking the AN/PEQ... Prices and suppliers?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow he owned those paper targets.

What a tool.

Hmm, so since all he does is shoot at paper targets, maybe you should try going against him in a real firefight.

I guess his 15+ years in doing Special Operations and teaching countless amounts of people like SWAT, SpecOps, and such doesn't really mean anything.

/rage.

It seems like the PEQ-15 is the new trend for everyone.

Didn't VFC already release a SR-15 before?

They even named it SR15 IWS E3

Hmm, so since all he does is shoot at paper targets, maybe you should try going against him in a real firefight.

I guess his 15+ years in doing Special Operations and teaching countless amounts of people like SWAT, SpecOps, and such doesn't really mean anything.

/rage.

It seems like the PEQ-15 is the new trend for everyone.

Didn't VFC already release a SR-15 before?

They even named it SR15 IWS E3

I believe this is that was the 16" and this is the shorter one( 12"?)

I bet you apply his techniques to your airsoft game to improve your skills ;)

And to keep it on topic, I think it's silly that VFC would make a rifle based on this guy's gun. Maybe the box will come with his signature on it :P

That's what everyone's been doing. Just look all over youtube, people are rolling on the ground, flipping their mags out of the receiver.. wearing dark shades.. Airsoft has gone a completely unexpected route since I was last here. lol.

I don't think VFC is the only brand to configure their AR's to look exactly like what Costa would use.

IIRC Costa and Haley can be seen using entirely different rifles all the time. I think it was Titleist who said they were both using M&P's at a recent Dynamics course.

This "That's a 'Costa's Blaster' because its a short barrel in a full-length URX II" thing is a broken record.

I believe this is that was the 16" and this is the shorter one( 12"?)

Ah I didn't even realize the length of it.

Kind of worthless for them to just release a shorter version of something they already made.

Would have made more sense in making a shorter barrel to just sell separately but oh well.

Their money.

Ah I didn't even realize the length of it.

Kind of worthless for them to just release a shorter version of something they already made.

Would have made more sense in making a shorter barrel to just sell separately but oh well.

Their money.

Had I seen the new "VFC Combat Master" I probably would have waited to buy it instead of getting the regular VFC SR15E3 and a 11.5" King Arms outer barrel. Then again, it looks like the VFC 11.5" is a tad too long, so I'm kinda glad I went the route that I did with mine.

I think the issue has been that VFC is using locktite or something on their URX II's, and it's damn near impossible to switch out barrels on any of their SR-15/16 rifles.

Anyway, I've always toyed with the idea of getting one but there isn't enough real estate (IMO) on either of their SR-16's, and I didn't want to buy an SR-15 knowing I'd be swapping the barrel out right away (and probably have a hell of a time trying to do it).

As silly is the name is, and unpopular as it might be, I think this is a pretty good idea. Kind of a "best of both worlds".

edit

I was wondering when you'd show up USCM. So is it a *badgeress* to swap barrels on these? I've been waiting on the ACR for months and am only now toying with the idea of buying an AR.

I think the issue has been that VFC is using locktite or something on their URX II's, and it's damn near impossible to switch out barrels on any of their SR-15/16 rifles.

Anyway, I've always toyed with the idea of getting one but there isn't enough real estate (IMO) on either of their SR-16's, and I didn't want to buy an SR-15 knowing I'd be swapping the barrel out right away (and probably have a hell of a time trying to do it).

As silly is the name is, and unpopular as it might be, I think this is a pretty good idea. Kind of a "best of both worlds".

edit

I was wondering when you'd show up USCM. So is it a *badgeress* to swap barrels on these? I've been waiting on the ACR for months and am only now toying with the idea of buying an AR.

It's not that bad. Like most aftermarket parts from different manufacturers ... compatibility may be a little iffy between some parts. VFC didn't use loctite or anything else to secure the URXII in place, it's just friction fit on there, and pretty securely too. The top slot of the outer barrel that the hopup fits into needs to be modified a little, but nothing major. What you do need to make sure is that the URX tool you use, is long enough to traverse the full length of the URXII as the rail is longer than the SR16's rail. I used the G&P XM110 URX tool, but I did notice that the CA SR25 URX tool appears to be okay too.

Here are my two VFC SR15's:

gallery_29472_1525_92355.jpg

Right, it's no longer just a "costa gun" thing.

Knights armament has been talking about doing a limited release of 11.5 SBR SR15s sometime, which would probably look exactly like what VFC is making now (+ or - the KAC Triple Tap). (Titleist, you can correct me if I'm wrong here).

BCM is already making similar uppers.

Back on topic now, I hope the peq will be around $50, not $120 like G&P lasers. But alas it's wishful thinking.

oooooooooo-1.jpg

See this face? This is the face of someone who not only doesn't care, but doesn't care about any of the people who might care, and furthermore doesn't care about the reasons why those people who might care do care.

You care enough to look up a funny picture and three sentences. :huh: I will be picking up one of these PEQs.

oooh were did you get your hand stops? :o

It will be more than $50, I think there plain old battery box was about that :P

I believe they're RS-knowing USCM and Titleist. When they get crazy popular, wait till our "friends" in Asia start to make and sell them-if there aren't already some out there. Same goes for this VFC PEQ-you might see replica of it later, (*cough*) EBB (*cough~cough*).

I wish they made them with IR flashlight, IR/visible lasers like the real deal. That'd be awesome.

oooh were did you get your hand stops? :o

From a US dealer. Unfortunately due to ITAR restrictions, you can't get them outside the US, but I'm sure VFC or another airsoft manufacturers will make them eventually.

Ahhh, mystery explained then - So this Chris bloke is an ex spec ops badass who's a good shot and has a snazzy looking M4? I can see why people would idolise someone like that... I'll stick to buying whatever friggin' gun i feel like myself.

As for the PEQ, i've never been a huge fan of them, but that one looks way better than the old 'I have a 2 bedroom flat attached to my RIS' style...

And for the record - Chuck Norris would waste Chris Costa using one of his eyelashes alone.

From a US dealer. Unfortunately due to ITAR restrictions, you can't get them outside the US, but I'm sure VFC or another airsoft manufacturers will make them eventually.

ahhh thought so, I've also seen it on the KAC website but there is no chance of getting it in the UK until China clone it.

And for the record - Chuck Norris would waste Chris Costa using one of his eyelashes alone.

Last time Chris Costa and Chuck Norris fought, the big bang happened :D

You rang?

The Costa-URX was put together specifically for Chris to T&E. Since then KAC makes them in limited numbers. The Gun Gallery, G&R, and BCM offer that configuration. It's a great setup, as I own one of those as well. They're extremely hard to produce as it requires milling down a gasblock to fit underneath the rail.

The only issue I can spot is that it looks like they're using a 12" barrel on the VFC copy, whereas the real one uses an 11.5", which leaves NO room for anything but the flashhider. In fact to install my triple tap required I grind down a wrench just it was thin enough to reach between the wrench flat surface and the rail.

I also give Chris a huge amount of respect because he and Haley have been fantastically successful in getting REAL gun owners to actively seek out more and more training.

Archived