Hi,

Ive just put in an order at www.uktactical.com but I have some questions about them.

I payed via PayPal (MasterCard) and received and email from PayPal telling me the payment was completed. My bank statement also confirms that the money has been withdrawn.

But I haven't got any information from UK Tactical, no order confirmation, no shipping information, not anything. I've tried to email them (3 times from one email address and 1 time from another emial address) but haven't got any responses.

I then tried calling them but voicemail came on immediately telling me the sales team was engadged with customers at the moment. I rang 3 times and within opening hours.

Should I be worried or is this normal with UK Tactical ?

I made my order 3 days ago from Denmark, don't know if this has anything to say... ?

Regards,

Jakob Laursen

Having made more orders from them than I care to remember, I would honestly not be concerned. To put it simply, getting hold of them is a nightmare, there's no denying, but when you do they will get you sorted. They do have faults, no denying it, I've received the wrong items or been told that things that were in stock on the site actually weren't in on more than one occasion, however I will happily forgive them all these.

For a start I've always found their prices to be the best when I've shopped around for something they stock, and by a fair margin sometimes. The range of items they stock may not be the biggest, but there's absolutely no junk in there and I really believe the stuff they pick is based on it's quality. They are the only big retailer of WAS gear which is a big enough reason within itself to go to them, a few other places have WAS stuff but very little range. Having spoken to one of the guy's who actually runs the site, I could really tell how busy they must be, the number of orders they get from whole military units asking for their stuff is massive. The reason their opening times on the phones seem quite short and they're slack on the e-mails is because they just get that many enquiries.

Speak to some of the serving British Army/TA guys on this very board and you'll get a glimpse of just how popular their products are, hell just have a look at any recent afghan footage/images of Brit forces and if you spot a pouch that's not issue you can bet it's WAS. Regarding the actual e-mails issue, I've always just got one confirming payment, and then a text on my mobile on the day it's due to be delivered. Which is very handy as you can text back to ask for it to come on a different day, I did so once and it worked flawlessly.

I second the above plus without wanting to sound too snotty a lot of their gear is going out to guys on the ground in various hot and sandy hell holes so as a skirmisher I can happily wait for them to get round to me. I've had a least £500 worth of gear off them and they are very good at dealing with people.

my advice would be to phone them, place order by voice. It works so much better than the computer way with them. They use interlink for delivery, unfortunately, who are a bit rubbish, and more than once I've stayed in waiting for a next day package that never arrived. The gear's terrific though. Order by phone and chase them up the day of delivery to make sure it's on the way to you, and you should be golden.

Ive ordered lots of stuff from them, never been impressed with there communication but they are very busy. The stuff has already arrived in a timely manner. I have had on 2 occasions a wrong item sent within a large order but after a quick chat on the phone the correct item normally arrives quiet quickly.

Ive never payed via paypal, when i have paid using card using there online payment system ive always had a confirmation email. and then notification by text the day the parcel is due to arrive.

The one thing I would recommend is if you actually want an answer give them a call, there responses to email are extremely slow.

• 2 months later...

Got my chest rig,pouches and holster from there after seeing their ad in AI mag,after ordering there was no communication at all, but i figured that if they are supplying proper service personnel i wasn't going to worry as the people who do it for real take priority.

Started to get a bit worried after a couple of weeks and was just about to phone when order arrived. Good gear,good prices i would just phone rather than order on the internet.

As above really.

One of my Christmas prezzies from my parents is a backpack from UK tactical which got delivered the other day. I've just asked my mom and she didn't get an confo email.

The reason I chose UK tactical is because they're universally known for having good gear at good prices with a great service. The reason you might not have had an email is because they are so busy which again just backs up how popular they are.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

They were definitely open today as they signed for a chest rig I sent back.

I've always been more than happy with their service. Last time I ordered was on 23rd December - I got a text from Interlink at 07:30 on the 24th December and my consignment arrived about an hour later :)

We had very good service from this shop. Our team made an order collectively for about £1000 and most of the items were in stock, but not all. So they were more then happy to send the delivery in two goes. The parts that were in stock arrived 4 days after the payment was confirmed (to Belgium). The other bits arrived about a month or two later, which was about the time they promised us it would be at our doorstep. :)

And yes, the quality is just great for a more then reasonable price. It's awesome not to have to worry about wether your kit will hold out. :P

i used uk tactical loads last year for WAS gear and they where always spot on with delivery etc

There wasnt to much email confirmation like other companies but the kit got to your door on time.

Any problems just call them i had the wrong pouch once (my fault in ordering)

just rang them and they sorted it out straight away.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just ordered a RICAS compact in Tan (yay for living in a desert) with a few different pouches and being a useless bugger who has a tendency to leave everything to the last minute I want Saturday delivery so I can use it in a game at F&O Asylum on Sunday so I rang up and they were really helpful. Just thought I would comment how helpful they were on the phone.

Insh'allah it will all turn up tomorrow with no problem.

Edited by Azubi
Did it arrive on time? Don't recall you wearing it but then there was the matter of your nose leaking...[i was the guy with the helmet alcohol wipes].

Nope! Arrived on Monday morning. Interlink had it in good time on Friday but just didn't bother delivering it when they were supposed to. Probably a good thing anyway, those riot coveralls were so warm! :D

Aye, I remember mate, cheers for the assist. ;)