The Jackal, 13mm auto Mk.2

Typewriter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the prototype slide on a GBB, well, even if i used Green Gas it still won't move correctly. The slide weights about 1,2kg, so that explains it pretty much. ;)

Yes, the slide is almost finished for now. Still needs finishing touches.

Well, I can honestly say I'm inspired by your work.

Here's something I've been working on for, ooooh, months probably.

DSC_2163.jpg

The lack of iron sights was affecting my ability to aim properly so I upgraded the gun with an aftermarket optical solution.

DSC_2164.jpg

If anybody needs to know the full details of this conversion PM me and I'll send you the recipe instructions.

The gun is now ready.

To be honest... it's hideous. Blasphemy at it's worst. Just bending a piece of sheet metal into a rough square and painting it just don't "do" it for me. And what's with the bolts running through the slide?

The box is also... well... bad...

Im a great lover of custom work mate and really appreciate it when people put a load of effort and skill into their own projects...

but gotta ask, if youve obviously not got those skills, why bother? That doesnt even look like it would fire or manage to go five minutes without falling apart.

Let's be fair to the guy here - Fair enough, it's not comparable to some of the more proffessional builds, but everyone has to start somewhere right? It's a fairly decent lookalike for the gun it's intended to be, and with some filing and sanding to add/improve some of the details, i reckon it'd look pretty snazzy. Some of the first customisation i ever did was 10 times worse than this, but i still loved it because it's something i'd made.

Keep at it mate, maybe try and file the shape of the ejection port to make it look a little more 3D?

And Stealthbomber - perhaps slightly harsh, but it did crack me up :P

Ugh, this build is full of all kinds of fail.

On the other hand, I can see some potential in Stealthbomber's prototype.

- Zepher

no way ,stealthbombers version lacks heart :huh: . Typewriter ,do you think you could mock up a picture of *rickroll* van dyke wielding this deadly weapon :D ?

I like how the whole top-slide points downward at about 2-3 degrees- no rulers or tape measures to hand for accurate measurements & fold lines? And whats with baddly photoshopped last image?

I agree, evryones gotta start somewhere, and I have nothing to show for my myself, but I think a little more care & attention is needed, especially when trying to replicate something with any degree of accuracy.

Well, I can honestly say I'm inspired by your work.

Here's something I've been working on for, ooooh, months probably.

The lack of iron sights was affecting my ability to aim properly so I upgraded the gun with an aftermarket optical solution.

If anybody needs to know the full details of this conversion PM me and I'll send you the recipe instructions.

Can I get the plans for that ? I knew my collection had something missing :D

It is true though, everyone has to start somewhere, but we're airsofters, good enough just does not cut it, patience needs to be applied, and in this case, a sledgehammer :)

Archived