Tokyo Marui l96 AWS

I love it when you people talk like that... I guess all those Japanese airsoft snipers in Japan are just noobs. They're not important. TM should just forget about them and design guns for "serious airsoft snipers".

Oh boy, and how I love the empty whining. :rolleyes:

I pretty sure that Marui thinks japanese airsoft snipers are just noobs and unimportant since,

- They're about 2 years late to the party (like usual)

- They produced a basic/budget L96 model to a marked flooded with L96 replicas (How ignorant was that, when even Well made a better looking replica? :D )

- They still use the same cheap, shiny plastics (even CA do it better now)

- They rendered everything under the new loading system (Which has ZERO positive effect on performance, but negative on BBs and reliability. And this very-very realistic system has a 40-round mag (fail one), so snipers would change mags even less frequently than with the VSR which is also "very" realistic (fail two). :rolleyes: )

- The magazines were designed by ignorant employees (see loading, unloading, capacity, jamming on precision BBs)

- The overall design is way overcomplicated for a springer (see number of screws and small plastic and monkey metal bits), and has more weak points than the VSR (this also effects performance and reliability)

- The rifle wasn't tested by anybody who is doing serious sniping (or the mags wouldn't jam with SGMs, which is still the best japanese BB and more than fine for sub-Joule sniping... Or you wouldn't have to remove the scope rail every time to get to a miniscule screw, to disassemble/clean the rifle, etc)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will admit, I wanted one of these rifles really bad. But after a few days of researching the upgrades I would need to get the rifle to shoot between 400 and 500 fps I had come to the conclusion that it would be cost prohibitive. For what it would cost to achieve the stated fps, I could have purchased an ARES 338. Fortunate fortunately for me, I did not care for the folding stock on the 338, and I decided against both platforms. For me, mag placement was the key selling point, as it made the TM L96 resemble the real steel a little bit better than the other spring op L96's on the market.

• 5 months later...

any idea if a zero trigger is gonna come out??

i dont like the idea of changing my sear every couple of games

and has anyone's loading blade shown any wear and tear??

furthermore would a simple 120 witha tk barrel and scs nub help to make a simple farranged upgrade

i've had only 2nd sear from PDI changed along with full PDI cylinder set for thousands of BB's,

so..no idea why you will change your sears every couple of games? What exactly is your setup?

no sign of tear on my loader blade either...

My rifle shots with PDI 130 spring chronoed at 146m/s and with PDI 140 chronoed at 154m/s

Edited by mugur

zero trigegr for marui doesnt exist yet (i think)

and euh i have tried aeg 3dmr's (all at 470 - 500fps)

real sword svd > not happy

sl9 kit> medium happy

marui m14> best option

no info on gas dmr

but then they say"aeg dmr in belgium stay at 350 fps max"

so kill the concept and move to bolt snipers why

1 they are more consistant in FPS

2 they are better for your accuracy (also depending on how good your dmr is tuned)

3 to get a dmr same quality as a springer u will need the same/ or more cash to do so

an most of all the noise u produce witha aeg dmr is way louder then any springer

If the TM L96's chamber is designed for ultimate air-sealing, does that mean lower FPS springs will give higher FPS than they normally would?

For example, my old G-SPEC was shooting 400 FPS, then I did mods that completely sealed the chamber and gained over 100 FPS.

The reason for my asking is because if lower FPS springs will give higher FPS, I can run stock internals for longer, and the bolt pull will be much easier.

Edited by l96ninja