AirsoftCalc v2.0

visionviper

Man, 2006 is way far back. Needless to say it was time for a refresh. AirsoftCalc has been completely rewritten and redesigned. Like always, feedback is very much appreciated. I have already begun working on the next revision which will take into account drag and friction. Anyone have anything else they would like to see in the next version?

Download AirsoftCalc v2.0 (68kb)

AirsoftCalc2.jpg

If you don't have .NET Framework or the C++ Redistributable installed then you should download and install them for compatibility.

(If this is in the wrong place, sorry - this is where I put updates before)

Installed it and it does not run.

Nothing like specifics eh? :rolleyes:

i phone compatibility.

You mean, people actually buy those? :o

Anyway, nice app OP, handy little tool you've knocked up. Working fine on Win7 x64. A pure Java version might be handy so it can be dumped onto most phones, handy when out on site.

Win XP X32 works fine, thx.

I've recognized it's returning 15J when I enter 0.2g and ~400fps.

Afterwards I tested entering 2g and I got again 15J.

It seems it's not recognizing the decimal point.

It would also be nice to enter more digits after the decimal point so you can calculate also with 0.25g or others which might be interesting for Sniper.

Another thing would be calculating from one BB weight to another over the energy.

Even though it's not entirely realistic as heavier BBs gain more energy,

especially with longer barrels and in gas guns, it can be used as an orientation.

Win XP X32 works fine, thx.

I've recognized it's returning 15J when I enter 0.2g and ~400fps.

Afterwards I tested entering 2g and I got again 15J.

It seems it's not recognizing the decimal point.

It would also be nice to enter more digits after the decimal point so you can calculate also with 0.25g or others which might be interesting for Sniper.

Another thing would be calculating from one BB weight to another over the energy.

Even though it's not entirely realistic as heavier BBs gain more energy,

especially with longer barrels and in gas guns, it can be used as an orientation.

I can't seem to replicate your issue. It might be related to the FPS bug that is now fixed.

Also, instead of putting a leading zero just put ".25". You do not need a leading zero for the calculation to work.

And thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it some thought.

Downloaded it (with recommended upgrades) and tested it, appears to work fine accept for two things: After typing in BB mass and velocity, it does not calculate energy. A similar bug with time information for me. As soon as I enter Distance it reads NaN in every single frame.

Archived