Stargate loadouts

Since there was no "Stargate Loadout" thread and only specific threads about specific things in stargate

Show you stuff

Oh, And since Stargate Universe has Aired, we also got a new set of "Impressions"

Wish I had money to get a correct SG uniform.

Also, what do you think about the new SGU?

I thought it was OK, mainly becuase its stargate and had a little bit of humour.

NOTE, this is for the whole stargate franchise

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i loved it, new edgy.. as long as they keep away from all the crazy technology, and just have it raw and about the characters ill be happy..

loved sg1, hated atlantis

they where running g36k's wernt they ? a nice change from the p90 but i still perfer the old days with the mp5 and retractable stocks

Yes, they Had G36ks and UMPs(I saw som UMP stocks) if I'm not wrong, And yeah I love the MP5s with Colt scope, I didn't like the sex scene, because it is so NOT related to stargate, I think they just added it to get more viewers.

I loved both SG1 and Atlantis and the only reason I watched SGU its because it has something to do with a "Stargate".

I also hate the new uniforms they have, look TOO futuristic (the black ones)

And I think they were over reacting and a little to much drama.

i think they are trying to make it more like battlestar galatica than stargate (sex scene with an army guy just as example) you can see how they will be focusing on character interactions, lots of drama, since they are lost, voyager style. the fact that later on you saw an awkward momment between the too that had sex in a now command situation just emphasises this. its all good im excited to see it go a new direction while maintaining some of the tradition comedy we all know and love. truth is for me its been moving too far away from the orignal first 2 seasons of stargate for far too long now.. im all for a little joking and some cool gadets as much as the next person but season 9 and 10 for example of sg1 and anything after the first 2 season of atlantis just took it too far with the comedy and technology answers for every problem.. the first 2 season of sg1 was compact and raw and hard work for the sg1 team.. we need to see them struggling again.. some action and drama

And the fact the ship had millions of years of battle damage, just means theres been hundreads of people having a pop at it on its travels, and great potential for alot of plot.

though i hear there will be no aliens in this, im intrigued how they will pull it off.. with out an on going antagonist.

i can see the whole first season just being them looking for some food :P

New uniforms look a little too nazi inspired for comfort imo. Anyone else notice the transformers style 'go' bags?

Definitely UMPs the Colonel had one when the base was under attack.

Pity I didn't like a SINGLE character in the pilot, hopefully that will improve. Also the flashbacks got annoying, and I'm not convinced the shows got the legs for more than one season. Love to see how they'll survive firefights with only 43 guns, and VERY limited ammo.

surely you liked the geeky computer kid.. :D

FAT KID MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!

Or lose half his body weight during the season as FAMINE strikes the crew due to, massively predicatable, hoarding/rationing storylines, if not I'll rename him Hurley. Fatass stuck on desert island with no food, and loses NO weight, erm ok better check they are actually BURYING the dead and hes not having a sneaky 'longpig' bbq.

FAT KID MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!

Or lose half his body weight during the season as FAMINE strikes the crew due to, massively predicatable, hoarding/rationing storylines, if not I'll rename him Hurley. Fatass stuck on desert island with no food, and loses NO weight, erm ok better check they are actually BURYING the dead and hes not having a sneaky 'longpig' bbq.

lol the moment i started reading i just thought "hurley" ! funny stuff

bless nah i like him its gunna be a lot of drama its going to need his comic relief in it.

Atlantis have their own custom made uniforms, might find one on ebay, the vest they have is the Black Hawk Omega vest, a standard pistol belt with P90s

SG1 uses the Black Hawk Medic vest with the same belts as Atlantis

They also have the WEP G8 jacket (did If i remember the name)

also som ordinary BDUs

Keep in mind this isnt a cosplay thread.

Meaning,those vests are useless with P90s. Why use a vest that holds M4 mags for a P90?

Obviously It was due to budget for the show. I like how SGU uses the G36/M4/UMPs, as P90 are getting stale.

The vest guy makes a P90 vest that look similar to the Omega, but can actually hold P90 mags.

http://thevestguy.com/product.asp?id=10142

Off topic a bit, but I agree 100% with Richard Y. SGU is giving back what it was lacking, good character development and serious plot. Better acting aswell, as Carlyle is amazing. SGC is getting bigger, a new military style uniform makes sense to me.

you can see why a big actor agreed to take on the role, most actors only do that if they can see scope for developing and pushing them selves and the character, in this case hes obviously got issues, wife etc.. no one trusts him, hes definalty treading the line, i dont think that episode pushed his character that much but was nessaryly bland enough to allow for his character to develop in further episodes. im looking forward to seing what carlyle can do with him :)

you cant hate them for doing it, battelstar galatica has only been going what 4 years ? and after its first year it was rated number 1 sci fi ! thats number 1 over 30 years of sci fi, stargate, star trek, babylon 5 (my fav) and even terrahawks :P . its becuase we are old.. and we dont count any more.. for example i read this kids list of top 10 sci fi shows.. aprently and i qoute "i dont rate babylon 5 in my top 10 becuase i havent seen it so cant really add it" heres someone (no duabt 12) making a list of the top 10 sci fi's using the power of the internet to spread his word, hes obvisouly read about certain shows and feels obliged to include them but has never seen someone the coolest sci fis and probably never will. becuase of these whole new generations coming to life and counting more than us, they are making whole new shows for them and not us.. tryming to move stargate from the cult / stead followers to the big hit / millions catagory..

i still count god damn it /me stamps foot..

Ive seen the "uniform looks Nazi like" comment in a few places, other than it being black I just dont see it, to me it looks like it shares more in common with WWII British Infantry Battle Dress. I actually really like the new uniforms, seems to be a little more practical which harks back to the movie and the early series.

Im liking the move away from the P90, ok so it does scream Stargate but I was always more fond of the MP5 days and the later inclusion of the G36 so its good they have gone down a different route.

From the interviews I have seen/read the producers said there would be no "rubber faced, English speaking" aliens and instead any aliens will be "very alien" ... in short yes there will be aliens at some point.

I have some SG-1/SGA styled stuff (pictures to follow) ... and will likely end up with a setup from SGU

you can see why a big actor agreed to take on the role, most actors only do that if they can see scope for developing and pushing them selves and the character, in this case hes obviously got issues, wife etc.. no one trusts him, hes definalty treading the line, i dont think that episode pushed his character that much but was nessaryly bland enough to allow for his character to develop in further episodes. im looking forward to seing what carlyle can do with him :)

you cant hate them for doing it, battelstar galatica has only been going what 4 years ? and after its first year it was rated number 1 sci fi ! thats number 1 over 30 years of sci fi, stargate, star trek, babylon 5 (my fav) and even terrahawks :P . its becuase we are old.. and we dont count any more.. for example i read this kids list of top 10 sci fi shows.. aprently and i qoute "i dont rate babylon 5 in my top 10 becuase i havent seen it so cant really add it" heres someone (no duabt 12) making a list of the top 10 sci fi's using the power of the internet to spread his word, hes obvisouly read about certain shows and feels obliged to include them but has never seen someone the coolest sci fis and probably never will. becuase of these whole new generations coming to life and counting more than us, they are making whole new shows for them and not us.. tryming to move stargate from the cult / stead followers to the big hit / millions catagory..

i still count god damn it /me stamps foot..

Are you under 20? if not then no you don't count....sorry. But don't feel to bad as neither do I :D

I saw the uniforms in use and immediately thought late 19th century British Army.

Ive seen the "uniform looks Nazi like" comment in a few places, other than it being black I just dont see it...

Well first I thought they looked a little like Battlestar Galatica and then I noticed that one of the officers had Eagle patches on his coller which reminded me of a Nazi officer.

Other than that I loved it. I couldn't watch the premier due to other comitments but I watched the first two episodes last night and I can't wait for the third next week!

Josh

I'll be getting a stargate sg1-ish loadout together soon. we have a team based on them and will hopefully run an sg-1 themed op next year.

I already have some OD bdus on the way, but as this is going to be used for skirmishing I'm ditching the omega medic vest and going for condor tactical vest with a zip front. I'll try to pouch it out to look somewhat like the medic vest, but I need something that can hold a ton of AK74 mags :)

that is, if someone buys my m14 :D

Obviously It was due to budget for the show. I like how SGU uses the G36/M4/UMPs, as P90 are getting stale.

A little bit off topic but from a writers point of view, if you were going to be stranded in another galaxy then you'll want your characters weapons to have a limited number of calibers. For the M4/M16 & G36 you have 5.56mm. For the Beretta M9's they'll have 9mm. And for Colonel Young's UMP they'll have .45 ACP, however Colonel Young is later using his UMP as a crutch which suggests to me that the didn't take any spare .45 ammo with them as he wouldn't want to risk damaging an otherwise perfectly working weapon.

Fake edit: And another thing, in episode 3 why does Greer's G36 have the usual clear mag but Scott's G36 has a black mag? None firing airsoft replica me thinks.

Josh

what you think to the third episode ?

just gets better and better if you ask me ;) nice bit of drama at the end.

I am a HUGE Stargate fan. This series so far is ho hum. They seriously need to step this up a notch or two and get on with some action and story. So far we have spend 2 episodes trying to get the air working. I mean come on! :rolleyes: Lets get to meeting other species and having some new tech and weapons to play with. I want to know more about the ship and yes, the ending of the episode made me think "bout time" hopefully its going to kick it up a notch.

To be frank, its rather dull at this point for me. I am used to established characters getting it on and not this flashback tippy toe nonsense. I am interested in character development, but so far, none of the characters interest me or seem worth botheing with. Poor casting? Poor writing? Meh, they seem like a bunch of serious under achievers to me so far.

Archived