Stargate loadouts

Anyone have a link to where you can buy the jacket worn mostly by SG1, not the shirt I mean the jacket, heres a link to a pic:-

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-44d60ca78a92...TV)+(1997).jpeg

I know there use to be a site that made to order, but my google-fu is very weak tonight! <_<:headbutt:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone have a link to where you can buy the jacket worn mostly by SG1, not the shirt I mean the jacket, heres a link to a pic:-

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-44d60ca78a92...TV)+(1997).jpeg

I know there use to be a site that made to order, but my google-fu is very weak tonight! <_<:headbutt:

http://www.uswings.com/wep.asp

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/index.php?id=...&prod_id=75

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/index.php?id=...&prod_id=76

A little bit off topic but from a writers point of view, if you were going to be stranded in another galaxy then you'll want your characters weapons to have a limited number of calibers. For the M4/M16 & G36 you have 5.56mm. For the Beretta M9's they'll have 9mm. And for Colonel Young's UMP they'll have .45 ACP, however Colonel Young is later using his UMP as a crutch which suggests to me that the didn't take any spare .45 ammo with them as he wouldn't want to risk damaging an otherwise perfectly working weapon.

Fake edit: And another thing, in episode 3 why does Greer's G36 have the usual clear mag but Scott's G36 has a black mag? None firing airsoft replica me thinks.

Josh

He actually uses a G36 as a crutch, which begs the question where did his UMP go and where did the third G36 come from!

Deffinatly some use of Airsoft, I spotted a high resolution photo (mayb off the MGM site) which clearly showed a wind wheel on the bottom of the mag...which means Lt Scott is a high capper, thats so not milsim!

Well if you want a more screen corret here is a link, ask him, he probably has more sizes

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-SG-1-Replica-...#ht_3111wt_1165

To be fair, I would rather pay for a genuine WEP-8 jacket and get the velcro added. I don't doubt it could be done.

£150 for a replica is insane.

Deffinatly some use of Airsoft, I spotted a high resolution photo (mayb off the MGM site) which clearly showed a wind wheel on the bottom of the mag...which means Lt Scott is a high capper, thats so not milsim!

OMFG! HES A NEWB :P hehe A Airsoft rifle wouldn't do much damage hehe. (why arent they using TM mid caps with fake bullets?)

@The General

No, but its a whole different material, its NOT nylon, in SG1 they didn't have an the nylon version, They had custom made... (ripstop cotton?) so the jacket is more screen made... maybe thats why...

Yeah I do remember reading on one of thse stargate sites that it is "ripstop" type material (Think I'll ask my mother about that, she's a seemstress, I have no idea if that is the correct spelling, you wouldn't believe the options I got in word for it!!).

Thanks "The General" and "Robinio", looks like I'll be getting the credit card out for that jacket (Im a 43inch chest so that will do nicely, but no way am I an XXL!) on ebay. :wub:

Edit:- Spelling, also I did once pay a lot of money for a wall hanging M41A from Zero one so £150 for somthing that will be used aint so bad, just worried about the zip on the jacket.

He actually uses a G36 as a crutch, which begs the question where did his UMP go and where did the third G36 come from!

Taken from Wiki...

An Heckler & Koch UMP is seen in the hands of Colonel Everett Young during the attack on Icarus base. He is later seen using it as a crutch onboard the Destiny.

Link

He could have ditched it during the evacuation and grabbed a G36.

Josh

IMFDB.org are good but the SGU page is a little in error, they originally had Young listed as having a P90 when he uses a UMP through the pilot and then when it was edited listed the P90 as a picture was on a page in an article about SGU in the Official Stargate magazine (it was a background image on the page, nothing related)

During all 3 parts of Air hes seen walking with a G36, as shown in this picture from the next episode (Darkness) from Gateworld, first time he was using it Scott was shown without his so it made sence, but then both Scott and Greer had G36's on the planet and Young had one on the Destiny.

Maybe they had more G36's stored away in the boxes they carried through the gate than they first thought? At the end of the day, we didn't see what everyone was carrying and I seem to recall seeing a lot of G36's been carried by marines as well as one or two (What looked like) marines holding M4's.

Yup he had a UMP through out the attack all the way to when he arrived on the Destiny, I saw a promo weeks back which shows hes going to be using the UMP again when hes back on his feet

Yup he had a UMP through out the attack all the way to when he arrived on the Destiny, I saw a promo weeks back which shows hes going to be using the UMP again when hes back on his feet

Cool, I think I've never seen any UMPs before on stargate in use by anyone...

im loving it, grity, raw, so much taken from battlestar gallatica but why not that show averaged 8 odd million viewers an episode. I honestly think because this has moved away from the ###### action / technology storys from atlantis that if this wasnt airing on a cable channel and instead a mainstream broadcast channel it would be a massive hit. You never know it still maybe picked up. The part going around the gas giant brilliant. I personally hope they never fully explore the ship for ages, i vote for an entire episode trying to fix the toilet !

It has a slow start but it will get better. Honestly, the old Stargates got childish. Im glad theyre atleast trying to think outside the box. Though I do miss Atlantis =( But I know old fans hate change (The Fallout game series is a good example of that)

I just noticed Greers G36 has the Dual optic in the next episode. Weird. Im pretty sure they use replica G36 for non firing parts, they look alot like CAs

Greer with dual optic:

http://io9.com/5384645/stargate-universe-l...pics/gallery/35

You guys need to remember to keep on topic. This is NOT to discuss the show. If you want to do that go to the off topic forum. This will be my last response un-airsoft related in this thread.

Archived