Tokyo Marui's G36K, MP5 C-mag and other

Hokum

It is almost definately a "K". I say that because you can barely make out the hint of a third vent hole in the side of the handguard. Combine that with the location of the accessory attachment points and it can pretty much only be a "K" or "KE" or "KV".. You get the idea.

I wonder if this will have blow back and use new midcap mags that have a bolt hold open feature. If it could take a decent upgrade spring this may be the treat. Anybody know if you can upgrade the TM blowback AKs? It wouldn't be unlikely to use a similar system since the originals were V3 based.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I went to Shot Show 2009 and at the Umarex booth they were showing their new "HK" trademarked products (a bunch of rebranded stuff) and one of them was a EBB HK P30. It was utter junk. But guessing from the hash of TM thrown together products of late, my guess is most likely this will be an EBB P30.

P30(00) is more popular everywhere but the US so i think thats more likely.

EDIT: I am looking at my real P30 right now and they don't match, the P30 has a line right above the stippling on the side from the replaceable panels (even if they arent swappable on a TM they would still have the line to make it look accurate) Also there is a hole on the side above the thumb for a thumb safety, (some variants have a USP style safety, the common US one the V3 does not). Finally this model in there picture doesn't have a hammer in either state of recoil leading me to EBB land, also there is no rear de-cocker.

Also the P30 has 8 GROOVES, 7 RAISED serration areas.

A p30 this is not, or at least not an accurate replica.

^ Definitely.

You really think that G3 will be metal? I'd definitely welcome an all metal G3 from TM (no need to source hard to find CA body kits), but I dunno... I'm thinking it might just be a reissue of their old G3A4. As for the G36K, I guess it'll be interesting to see how they'll handle the optic/s on the carry handle. Wonder if it'll be a Zess/Hendsolt, or a flat top? Maybe they'll introduce a new type of sight (G36A2 style) altogether?

Well as it happens I did see a rather amusing and scarily effective MP5K LSW. With scope, c-mag, bipod, external battery etc. Looked funky.

I'll be interested to see if/what TM do with the K Optics.

They'll probably be a bit *albartroth*, kinda like the aug ones, but probably worse cause its a good deal smaller.

Wish they would just do a KA1 rail instead, that would be pretty sweet.

Archived