Force Recon Kit Discussion

grundig

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few Guru questions:

Im putting together a Saw MFR setup. I already have a a Couple SDS 100rnd and LBT and SDS M249 200rnd pouches, Which ones should I go with? Im leaing towards it bieng based off of a RRV + MAP.

heres a pic of most of my saw pouches (SDS 200s not pictured)

IMG_0343.jpg

Any Idea Where I can Find a XL MBSS Style carrier. Im 6'5 and I dont think the pantac one will be big enough. The eagle one is a little out of my price range.

I have a pair of converse desert assault boots and a pair of merrel Chameleon (my SF MC loadout)

http://www.shoebuy.com/merrell-chameleon-l...e-_-none-_-none

Are Black ESS Profile turbofans kosher?

-Already got the Nomex flight suit / 6004 / Alta Superflex / waist pack / Oakley Gloves / Rigger. Everything else is still the the air

PIc below is not my attempt at an impression, but to give you an idea of the scale I am, everything in picture aside from m249 and flight suit are now sold

IMG_0247.jpg

I don't know any other company that has XL MBSS. But the Eagle Industries version wouldn't be a 1-to-1. Blackhawk also makes a MBSS-ish one but not in CB and again not 1-to-1 version. Pantac or if you find an Allied Industries (if you can afford one) is the best bet.

Boots, I say get Belleville or Bates. I'm pretty sure there are one or two more companies. Forgot them.

SAW pouch, I haven't seen any Force Recon or Battalion using LBT. May have seen one or two SDS, but the kosher SAW pouch is Eagle Industries in CB.

I got bored so I took these pics. Since it was a spur of the moment thing I didn't bother putting on a flightsuit or frog clothing or boots. Which is good because my neighbor was watching me the entire time.

This is 90% of my stuff. Some of it is gear from the "old days" and what I couldn't keep I just replaced with PANTAC stuff.

Baseball Cap (Khaki)

MSA Sordin MICH Comms

MSA Gallet MICH 2000 w/ Oregon Aero suspension

- OPS-Core VAS NVG Mount

- Oakley Goggles (not A-Frame)

Pantac MBSS Plate Carrier (CB)

- EI Admin w/ light pouch (CB)

- EI MBITR Pouch (CB) (mounted on the back)

- Pantac dual double mag pouch x2 (CB) (I prefer these to the actual EI pouches, which I have but don't use)

- Pantac MAP (CB)

- Pantac SAPI Plates

- Zip-ties x4

- Multi-tool pouch (tan) (mounted on left shoulder)

Pantac MBSS Rhodesian Reconnaisance Vest (RRV) (CB)

- EI Frag Grenade Pouch (CB)

- SPEC-Ops Utility Pouch (CB)

- Pantac MAP (CB)

- Pantac EV Universal Triple Mag Pouch (CB) x2

- Pantac Medical Pouch (CB)

- Pantac Smoke Grenade Pouch (CB)

- Pantac MBITR Pouch (CB)

- Pantac Silencer Pouch (CB)

- Pantac Admin w/ Light Pouch (CB)

PACA Soft Armor vest

- Pantac Soft Armor Carrier

- SPEAR Ballistic Soft Armor insets

Pantac MBSS Belt

- Pantac .45 Pouch w/ Plastic Insert (CB) x4

- Pantac Dual M16 Mag Pouch w/ Plastic Inserts (CB)

- APS 26" w/ Pouch

- SPEC-OPS Dump Pouch

- Pantac GPS Pouch (CB)

- EI Medical Pouch (CB)

- BHI .45 Serpa Holster w/ MOLLE Adapter

Safari-Land 6004 for M9

Safari-Land 6004 for M1911A1

Knee-pads (Altama) (CB)

Knee-Pads (Hatch) (Tri-Color)

Gloves (Hatch) (Tan)

Gloves (USGI) (CB/Tan?)

Gloves (Milspex) (Black)

EI Patrol Pack

Magpul Pull-tabs for the magazines

I have a whole bunch of other EI pouches that I just don't use because I may need them for future deployments (If I get recalled) and Pantac is just as good. This is really just the stuff I use for airsoft minus the helmet, headset, and patrol pack. The Safari-Land holsters I don't use for airsoft, but I thought I'd include them anyway.

I like the keep the area directly above my holster clear of any pouches so I can draw straight up and over and not worry about snagging anything.

I like to keep some ammunition on my waist because that is where my hands instinctively falls. Also for faster games I can just run with this belt and still have access to commonly used magazines.

@barnezilla: I personally don´t get a MBSS with your height , I recommend you instead a RRS-V or something like that, and maybe you should change SDS M249 pouches for the EI ones.ESS turbofans aren´t very kosher, get NVG or Oakley A-Frame instead.Now go get a bandana and you will be Solid Snake :P :P :P (just kidding).

@shadownova: nice loadout man!!! so you got a OPS Core NVG mount! that´s amazing!, also loving safariland 6004 in three col is a nice piece of collection!. Are you comfy with that M4 mags on the belt when you go prone?

@barnezilla: I personally don´t get a MBSS with your height , I recommend you instead a RRS-V or something like that, and maybe you should change SDS M249 pouches for the EI ones.ESS turbofans aren´t very kosher, get NVG or Oakley A-Frame instead.Now go get a bandana and you will be Solid Snake :P:P:P (just kidding).

@shadownova: nice loadout man!!! so you got a OPS Core NVG mount! that´s amazing!, also loving safariland 6004 in three col is a nice piece of collection!. Are you comfy with that M4 mags on the belt when you go prone?

The 3-color holster was issued when I was with a regular infantry battalion briefly for my 2004 deployment. The ones issued to Recon is a solid color version, but other than color it is identical. The .45 holster was the solid brown color, but I painted it woodland.

Yeah the magazines on the belt don't get in the way when I go prone or supine at all. Even the mag pouches on either of my vests don't get in the way. I think you have to plan your vest layouts with the possibility that you may be in a certain position for a very long time. So if I have to be prone for 4 hours, I don't want something jabbing into my side. I want to be comfortable for those 4 hours, and my gear layout reflects this.

If I ever go back into the Marines and have to do grunt stuff (heaven forbid) I will probably use my Pantac RRV with the pouches setup as they are pictured.

edit: What is weird is that I don't even think of this equipment as part of a collection or display. To me, it is still "my issued gear" and I maintain it to still be as combat-ready as I can. Even though I have been out for a long time and will probably never be called back, I feel like I still have a responsibility to be mission-ready.

Even my AR-15 is set-up like my old issued M4, with an EO-Tech, BUIS, and Surefire M900 series weaponlight.

I used a whole bunch of PANTAC stuff when I deployed last time. I used PANTAC mag pouches and the PANTAC Fatboy sling-bag to carry mission-critical items.

They're a good chance my mostly PANTAC RR-V would be authorized.

And the neighbor who was watching me is a 19 year old college student girl. I don't mean to make her sound weird, but she watches me from her room often. Even when she doesn't think I notice, I do. Whenever I get the mail or take the garbage bin out, I see her windows crack open slightly. So she was probably giggling a bit, which is fine by me. She has an ugly face and I have an attractive girlfriend already.

edit: I also live in a mostly military neighborhood.

<br />I don't know any other company that has XL MBSS. But the Eagle Industries version wouldn't be a 1-to-1. Blackhawk also makes a MBSS-ish one but not in CB and again not 1-to-1 version. Pantac or if you find an Allied Industries (if you can afford one) is the best bet. <br /><br />Boots, I say get Belleville or Bates. I'm pretty sure there are one or two more companies. Forgot them.<br /><br />SAW pouch, I haven't seen any Force Recon or Battalion using LBT. May have seen one or two SDS, but the kosher SAW pouch is Eagle Industries in CB. <br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I wanted to ask about that, just how kosher are the SDS SAW pouches? The Eagle ones seem rather uncommon on ebay, and often end up at ridiculous prices (was watching one yesterday that went for 100 shipped), whereas the SDS seem to stick in a more reasonable place.

Really really nice pics Shadow. Do you like the PANTAC RRV more than the Eagle one? I've heard they are about the same, minus the buckles.

<br /><br /><br />

I wanted to ask about that, just how kosher are the SDS SAW pouches? The Eagle ones seem rather uncommon on ebay, and often end up at ridiculous prices (was watching one yesterday that went for 100 shipped), whereas the SDS seem to stick in a more reasonable place.

I'd just get Pantac Eagle-style SAW pouches. They look exactly the same, but cheaper.

A Kimber commercial said MARSOC uses they're 1911's as sidearms. Thought that was interesting to.

1st MSOB had them but most of the Kimbers are out of the inventory. Alot of the .45's the MSOB cats have are getting old and worn down. Kimbers are rare on the east coast and becoming such on the west as well.

1st MSOB had them but most of the Kimbers are out of the inventory. Alot of the .45's the MSOB cats have are getting old and worn down. Kimbers are rare on the east coast and becoming such on the west as well.

Interesting, so what do they use then?

Has Fr/marsoc begun to implent the mk48 into thier arnenal? I've seen quite a few pics of Seals / Rangers with the new saw, but as far as I can tell the marines are staying put with the 240.

I have also seen a plethora of pics featuring marines with (regular MEU units) m249s with the new collapsable stocks, is MFR sticking with the para? Or is the trickle of pictures just slower to show the updated 249 improvments

Archived