Force Recon Kit Discussion

grundig

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, my pheonix JR arrived today, I can see a very faint red flash with it plugged in, and and looking through my laptop camera a brighter flash (which I presume to be IR going through the camera's *suitcasey* filter). I can certainly see why it is favored over many of the other strobes, this thing is tiny. I'll upload some pics as soon as I find my real camera :D . I also got two pistol mag pouches, not quite sure if they are meant for .45s but they seem to hold my MEU mags decently.

What do you'll recommend belt-wise? I've been using a pantac blast belt, but even with my HSGI suspenders it's a bit big and cumbersome. I think I'd like to move to a molle belt, or a padded duty belt, any advice on finding them?

Not bad overall. I'd get a PEQ and some kind of light. Is that an MBITR on your back right side?

I'd recommend placing your M9 mags in your pouches the other way. That way you don't have to twist them around when you try and place them in your M9, you'll just be able to flip them up. Looks like the same thing goes for your M4 mags, helped me reload a lot faster once I realized to do that.

I reload with my left hand... and the mags are on the left side... i think i cant optimise more than that!

It´s a MBITR pouch for my midland...it´s a pain to turn on and change channel but it´s conffier that way...

KWP:

I'm an advisor with the Afgan Army...so i have the beard to make a stand! lol

PS- the next thing on my shopping list is a pair of Bates boots!

Cheers

I reload with my left hand... and the mags are on the left side... i think i cant optimise more than that!

It´s a MBITR pouch for my midland...it´s a pain to turn on and change channel but it´s conffier that way...

KWP:

I'm an advisor with the Afgan Army...so i have the beard to make a stand! lol

PS- the next thing on my shopping list is a pair of Bates boots!

Cheers

Now I'm getting real anal: The grooming regulations for Marines deployed to Iraq and Astan say a full beard is still a No-go and a moustache must not protrude over the edges of your mouth. So Hitler's stache would be reg (watch Generation Kill and you what I mean). :D

I know that a shaved Marine demonstrates his discipline and stuff but... man... those pics with bad a** beards... i could only think that those guys are up to anything!

I have a Mich 2000 with goggles, MS2000 and NV mount but it´s freakin´ big for my head... there´s any store that sells MICH small sizes?

Cheers

Thanks for the pic Fatal!

That's the first time I've seen a pic of a Marine with a private purchase pictol grip. Not to mention they both have KAC BUIS'. (I can't tell if they are 600m or 300m; any chance you have a high res?)

EDIT: Also, why were those guys allowed to paint their rifles?

You guys do realize people have lives? If a person likes facial hair, dont complain about it. We are milsimmers not real Marines. Imo, that falls into the taking milsim to far category. Thats like saying you need a buzz cut to do a Marine loadout.

Anyway, whats with the extended 1911 magazines? Looks awsome. Havent seen a Marine with those before. Does that unit use the MEU Pistol aswell? I heard about some units using Kimbers and other types.

i could never wear a beard, even if i was allowed to. that *suitcase* gets annoying, especially with helmets. and in my opinion, looks silly. women do sometimes like the stubbles though... :)

but those mags, i would guess, were probably bought at the PX... i use PMags that i got at the PX in the same fashion.

-Joe

Yeah, there are pics and vids of Marines with beards, from what I know they are special forces, and I would be hella-surprised if I saw a full beard on a regular infantry grunt.

Beards really can get annoying, and like Joe said, especially with a helmet. But they do look awesome, and serve a purpose.

Archived