Force Recon Kit Discussion

grundig

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the HABD and TFSS have both been seen in desert ops. What would their use there imply? Helo insertion over water? The user just not taking them off?

Yea most likely that there was a risk of drowning at some point in the op. Makes zero sense to leave them on otherwise, they'd just be dead weight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've run into the issue that what I'm trying to figure out is virtually impossible to search for, damn you three character limit.

I, through a feat of sheer stupidity picked up a set of Sordins with the Lemo connector. I know I could lop it off, but I'm inclined to build my own adapter cable (or buy one from a fellow 'softer hint hint). Can anyone give me a rundown on what PTTs would be kosher? I know if I had the TP120 the u94 would be safe, and I gather the TEA universal is fine with the Lemo, but what other options do I have? Whatever I get, should it (at least theoretically) be 10 pin through and through? Is that something that is down to individual preference or is it a strict issue thing?

Hope I'm not to late.

I myself purchased a set of sordins with the 6pin connector and mine had the bone mic.

You can get an adapter but you need to change out the microphone too.

You need an amplified ptt if you use civilian radios.

I sent mine to SRS Tactical, and the conversion was a bit pricy but I went for the new style boom mic.

There is on eBay a 100$ adapter, srstactical has a ptt for many applications.

I spent quite a bit and I feel it was justified as even new ones are over the cost I spent.

Only thing is I get feedback now where before I didn't so I'm not sure if that's old headset with new parts.

e7297689c44ce29d0d72885655f30b42.jpg

Srstactical rapter ptt for 2 pin Kenwood/baofeng.

15f87ac4d3b2a5875760a68b62604b0c.jpg

Not too late, but I did go the other way with it. I got the the TEA universal PTT, and cables to go from sordin to PTT to 10pin maritime radio, and now need a connection from 10 pin, to 6 pin at which point there are tons of amplifiers sitting around. My plan is to either get one of the few floating around ebay, or buy one from TEA on Monday and get the whole thing sorted while I'm home for the holidays. I had thought about modding the headset, but doing that would have lost the dual comm capability inherent in the lemo connector. Instead I've had fairly good luck buying the pieces I needed either pretty cheap, or as part of packages I can (hopefully) resell. I'll post a few pictures of where I'm at tomorrow.

post-47830-0-72435200-1450747251_thumb.jpg

So this is the headset ptt and radio. The antenna is mounted on the rear plate carrier hence its absence. All I'm missing is the adapter to step from 10pin to 6 and a Kenwood to 6 pin amplifier. I'm waiting on a callback from TEA about getting a male 10 pin to female 6 as that would be ideal, but if that doesn't pan out there are a couple of female 10 to 6 on eBay. The only problem with female is that it would only be useful in attaching to this particular ptt, instead of any 10 pin cable.

attachicon.gifIMG_20151221_201127.jpg

So this is the headset ptt and radio. The antenna is mounted on the rear plate carrier hence its absence. All I'm missing is the adapter to step from 10pin to 6 and a Kenwood to 6 pin amplifier. I'm waiting on a callback from TEA about getting a male 10 pin to female 6 as that would be ideal, but if that doesn't pan out there are a couple of female 10 to 6 on eBay. The only problem with female is that it would only be useful in attaching to this particular ptt, instead of any 10 pin cable.

Contact srstactical, they should be able to help if tea don't.

Unfortunately it's sorta TEA or bust. SRS and all the other US places I have reached only convert headsets, they don't actually do an adapter from either of the uncommon connectors (lemo 6 or 10 pin maritime). I know some of the Asian clone companies do, but they're been crazy flakey.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone ID this pack ? I initially thought FILBE with sustainment pouches but the "lid" has thrown me off and it looks a bit shorter than my FILBE. Asked on the original post (Instagram) and got the response of " a coyote brown one" ...

Also could anyone tell me what the helmet is ? Been rocking a boonie for so long I've never bothered to learn about helmets.

Apologies if the image is small, uploading from my phone as its a screenshot. Will fix later if need be.post-88596-0-66903800-1461713533_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what pack that is, but that does seem to be a large water bladder on top.

Unrelated question, I'm trying to work out the historicity of the kit I'm nearly done with.

Can someone help me out with a timeline of FSBE>SFLCS and I guess when MLCS stuff has been mixed in? I don't have the best sense of that all particularly in the last few years. In the same vein, at what point does a MFR kit diverge substantially from a MARSOC one? My sense is around 2010, but that's not really based on anything I'd call as firm as a "fact". I think I might just be getting memory loss along with my advanced age haha.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone know wehre I can get a Desert Marpat cover for a Mich 2000, even if its replica (almost all my gear is replica, actually)?

Im putting together a 2005-2006 style force recon load out and I have been scammed twice with the helmet cover receiving some piece of ###### in a wonky desert digital camo that is impossible to pass off as Marpat.

This is what I'm looking for: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/sean56691/media/IMG_0632.jpg.html

Thanks!

Archived