Force Recon Kit Discussion

grundig

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also find that the old shells are much better quality. Most are made with fiberglass rather than ABS or whatever other plastics are used. You may be able to pick up aftermarket helmets on lolocal websites, but you'll only want to keep the shell anyway, the original pads and straps are always awful.

Good luck to you, the MICH design isn't always showing up on the markets anymore, at least not the ones worth buying. Yet it seems that fewer are out there looking to buy them, I've been trying to sell mine for months with no luck...

• 4 weeks later...

For greenside, what are FR "expected" ( I know this probably hasn't been done for a while due to where we've been fighting for the past decade) to be wearing?

I've seen pics of ALICE gear, been told of RRV's but was wondering if there is anything else on offer?

I'm rocking an FILBE at the moment so anything that would work with that would be helpful.

Is FSBE II belt kit or an FLC legit?

Also any pics of your own Greenside kit would be appeciated :D

More than likely, you're gonna see chest rigs, packs, and boonies.  Think light.  Black ASKZ posted a fantastic bunch of greenside kits back a few pages.  I've never seen a recent photo of FR outside of training wearing an FLC.

Also, don't forget greenside has nothing to do with environment.  It's not about the green coloration.  It's about mission type.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm continuing to press on with my kit despite it being irresponsible financially, and my not having been to an airsoft game in a year XD.

With regards to helmets, I know the Norotos 3 hole was the choice in mount for a while, but what other options would I have? And what time period might they be constrained to? I picked up an ACH in my size (XL MICH never seem to hit eBay) and am in the process of making it look right for my loadout, but it's only drilled for a single hole mount and I'd rather not drill the helmet if I don't have to.

Archived