upgradeablility of the MP7/VZ61 AEP gearbox

Zmarre

I'm looking to mod this little thing into some other thing (lol) but it will be used for woodland skirming mainly. I fear it might be just a bit too underpowered in stock form, if it shoots anything like the G18C from my fellow teammate...

I'm planning on running it on a 7.4V lipo (I think 11.1V would quite possibly kill it within a few hundred shots, am I not mistaken?) with something like a 420mm tightbore.

Stock hopup chamber will be used (duh, no replacements available) in combination with a new rubber if there are any available?

Both MAG (http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=MAG-ACC-ASP130&search=special&rs=MP7) and Nine Ball have an upgraded spring for this, which one would be better? Has anyone have any experience with that 'MAG' spring?

Nine Ball also sells this kit: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...%20BALL%20Parts Are all those parts recommended? I think the cylinder is good enough in stock form, or is it? Same with the spring guide and piston... I've always been more the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" type of guy.

420mm tightbore.

The longest it could take is 215mm as limited by its wee air volume. Any longer and you'd find a loss in power. The gun is quite old actually and if you dig around the reviews, you'd find most fully kitted out MP7's only go as far as 300~320fps. I know one guy who tried to cram a massive spring in his; clocked near 400fps but broke soon after.

Ah *suitcase*, I completely forgot about the suckback...

300FPS is fine by me, seeing as my two AEGs both are shooting in that range too. (Albeit with longer barrels)

It's an old gun, hmmm, but is there a better AEP gearbox available?

Ah *suitcase*, I completely forgot about the suckback...

300FPS is fine by me, seeing as my two AEGs both are shooting in that range too. (Albeit with longer barrels)

It's an old gun, hmmm, but is there a better AEP gearbox available?

Why on earth would you want a 420mm barrel??????

Are you still living in the dark ages? Where longest barrel am bestest? :D

Use the lalax barrel & complete upgrade kit, which includes a spring that gets it close to 300fps. Believe it or not, this will hit man sized targets out to 60m.

Go with a Flightpower Evolite 7.4v 850mah "Blade Upgrade" or similar. Replace the stock battery connection & wire with a mosfet, to get the best rof. You should expect over 1200rpm, possibly as much as 1500 with the stock spring, 250fps.

Do a search to find details.

Greg.

Archived