Large battery + large stock

Smith5

Hi all, I have two questions to ask on behalf of a friend, being inexperienced in the ways of large batteries and large stock AEGs (only owning AEGs that take small batts) myself...

As far as I know there is a difference, but can someone confirm if there is a physical size difference between, say, a 2200mAh 8.4V and 3300mAh 8.4V large battery?

Secondly, what is the largest battery you can comfortably fit in the stock of a CA sportline m15a4 tac carbine?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all, I have two questions to ask on behalf of a friend, being inexperienced in the ways of large batteries and large stock AEGs (only owning AEGs that take small batts) myself...

As far as I know there is a difference, but can someone confirm if there is a physical size difference between, say, a 2200mAh 8.4V and 3300mAh 8.4V large battery?

Secondly, what is the largest battery you can comfortably fit in the stock of a CA sportline m15a4 tac carbine?

Thanks in advance :)

Battery sizes can vary immensely depending on manufacturer/cells/all sorts - With a NimH, your 'average' large size battery is around 2-3000MaH, and should fit most 'Large type' weapons. Past 2000 the size can start to cause problems in guns with smaller stocks; some can take a 5000mah, some can only fit a 2000. Basically, the higher the Mah the bigger the battery in general - This is all based on 8.4 batteries, obviously a 9.6 will have an extra cell and be that much larger. I can't tell you any exact dimensions unfortunately =[

As for the M15 - I'm going to assume the stock is the same as the one on my friend's proline M15A2 - someone correct me if i'm wrong - That comfortably holds an 8.4V 3300Mah battery, but there isn't a lot of space for more than that without cutting bits out.

I can confirm that a large 9.6v 3600mah battery fill fit into a CA stock with some modifying.

Josh

I hope the M15 owner i mentioned doesn't see this - It's already spitting out 1200 a minute with the 8.4 - If he finds out a 9.6 fits i'm in trouble, he's a big enough magazine ponse as it is!

Archived