M93 Wood Kit

futbolpunk

(I have searched google and this site, but came up empty.)

Does anyone make a wood kit for the (KSC) M93R (v2)? I LOVE the look of the gun, and adding a wood kit would make the sex factor go through the roof! Also, with the cost so low, I can actually afford to bling it out a little. ;)

Ah, many thanks!

wos037.jpg

(If we had a repuation system, I'd give you both a point. :rolleyes: )

This is a direct screw-on replacement, right? Also, I'm guessing that the right side's wood piece is larger, since there's not fire selctor, right? I couldn't seem to find a single picture of the M93's right side, lmao.

Also, what's the difference between the Taiwanese and the Japanese versions, other than $40!? :blink:

Thanks again guys!

So, do you think it really warrants the $40? My budget isn't sky high, but I guess I could save a little while longer to get it. I would wait a few weeks to get the wood kit so I could appreciate it more, but I don't want to have to pay more for another batch of shipping.

Once again, I really appreciate the helpful info! :lol:

I'll second Snowman - it's not important enough for the $40, and the Taiwanese will probably do just fine. The Japanese designation is really only for collectors.

There are no retailers outside of DEN (to my knowledge) who carry the wood kit. Good luck finding one!

Oh, cool. In that case, I'll keep that $40. :D

How's the kick on the gun? I've heard that it wasn't very high, but then I've also heard that it's hard to control the 3-shot burst.

Also, with the three round burst, is it a true burst (you pull the trigger once, and no matter what, it cycles 3 times), or is it like SIG's "burst" where if you pump the trigger once, you usually get 3? Meaning, could you hold down the trigger, and still get 3 to come out, or would it then be auto?

I've got one and it is always a proper three round burst no matter how quickly you pull the trigger (assuming its on 'burst' that is!).

Its because the burst function is operated by a physical means - there is a metal bar in the right grip which has 'teeth' down one edge and it is these teeth that cause it to cycle three times. I know its a bit of a ###### description but its the best I can do now :).

I know that after many many rounds on burst the older versions wore out the teeth on the bar and hence lost the burst function but aftermarket bars are available if this does happen. Anyway I've not heard of this happening at all with the latest version and mines just fine.

The kicks not really very strong at all, but it is a lot better than the KSC M11 for example. However on burst or auto its a joy to shoot and pretty inaccurate!

I can only give praise for this gun - weighs a ton, very robust and reliable, powerful and the hop up is fantastic - it shoots further than a standard TM AEG. Its also very accurate. The hop up really is in a different league to WA GBBs. KSC have reallt nailed the hop up design on the head with their recent pistols and as such its like having a rifle in a much smaller package. I would like to get a metal slide and barrel for this to increase its kick, its just a shame no one makes metal frames for them too.

John

I only have experience shooting a few GBB (everyone I play with seems to be obsessed with glocks :rolleyes: ), so I don't really know how to imagine it...

I know that a g26 adv with hfc134a has very little kick, and that a TM DE with TOP has TONS of kick, but that's about it. :(

As this thread keeps going, I just keep thinking of questions! Does the gun fit most holsters, and have you had any pains while hostering it?

Airsoft Atlanta' M93r has only got a metal barrel and slide - not frame. The metal barrel and slide and be picked up from any Hong Kong retailer (e.g. WGC) for $50 I think. Probably wrong but cant be bothered to check - its about that.

I would say its recoil is much closer to the G26 than the DE. To be honest its the same as any other GBB (not including WA pistols or the likes of the DE from Marui) with a plastic slide. Its ok but my KWA G19 with a metal slide on green is a hell of a lot better to shoot.

As for holsters, hmmmm.... bit of a nightmare really. Its really quite a big gun, something you dont appreciate till you hold it. I had a TM M9 and although the M93r is based on the M9 and on paper they have similar dimensions it does feel at least twice the size of the M9. This is partly because of its wide grip which is probably about 7mm wider than that of the M9. Its obviously longer because of the barrel but a big problem is the fold down bar infront of the trigger. This is very useful if you're firing on full auto - there is more than enough 'recoil' to make this useful however it makes the gun much harder to fit in a holster.

Its usually catagorised as a large frame pistol (e.g. Socom, DE, Infinities etc) and as such it will require a holster specifically for such pistols. There are plenty of Socom specific holsters out there so its not like its impossible to find a holster for it. I'm left handed so finding a large left leg holster that doesnt cost an arm and a leg is franky impossible. Hence I just stuff it in my assualt vest - its got a universal holster in it.

The metal slide will definately increase felt recoil - probably quite significantly because as I said my G19 on green gas has a lot more kick to it. It will however, definately use more gas. Note that the M93r is a bit of a gas hog anyway. The recoil will also be slightly more sluggish unless you buy a stiffer recoil spring. As a result it'll also have a slightly lower ROF and will gas will probably 'cool down' a bit quicker on full auto than before which effects power. Anyway, I know all this makes it sound quite bad but it really isn't - these are the effects of installing a metal slide on any GBB but they're not that bad. Typically using green gas eliminates all power problems but it does cool down rapidly.

I would DEFINATELY recommend the metal barrel and slide - I've been wanting one since I got the pistol - I just cant justify it to myself right now :(. It would make it even better.

Hope it helps,

John

Give me a couple of days as my KSC m93r II w/metal slide/barrel should be here on Friday. I already have an KSC m93r II (plastic slide) and an Omega(?) m93r. I will be able to do a side by side comparison of the two guns. And yeah, the tri burst is awesome! It has surpassed my Hi-Capa as my favorite gun.

Considering that the relationship between KWA and KSC is murky, here's my take on it:

KSC Berettas are made of a higher-quality plastic than KWA Berettas, specifically a heavyweight material. This material looks and fells like metal. The KWA Berettas that I have seen and touched, at least in the states, all had really ######-tastic finish and were obviously plastic.

That said, I saw a 'KWA'-labelled M93R when I was in a CyberGun shop in Paris and it looks identical to a KSC M93R in terms of finish.

The other nice bonus is that the KSC Berettas will have trades of some sort.

In Europe at least KWA and KSC guns tend to be made out of exactly the same materials etc, not including the latest Glocks. The latest KSC Glocks (i.e. G19 and more recent versions) have a 'heavyweight' frame whereas the KWA ones don't. I've got a KWA G19 as I've already said and it doesn't bother me. The KWA G19 comes with a metal slide and barrel versus the standard plastic KSC and costs less which is a huge bonus. Otherwise the only difference seems to be markings and an individual serial number on KSC Japan version guns.

My M93r is a KSC Japan version and has 'markings', albiet fake and an individual serial number stamped on the frame which corresponds to a sticker on the box. However its a lot more expensive than the other versions for nothing extra really - I ony got the Japan version because I bought mine as soon as it came out so the other versions weren't around.

It seems KWA is merely a Taiwanese factory for KSC (bear in mind you can also buy Taiwanese or Japanese versions of KSC pistols) - you should do a search because although no one knows exactly whats going on between them, this has been discussed literally thousands of times!

John

Archived