Fadedcorona Issue

Dodger_013

I recently sold a third hand G&G UMG to this guy, the sale post is here -

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=174368

He gets the gun and says it double feeds, UMG does that yes, he says it is under 300fps and he felt I should have to pay for the new parts to fix the issues that are noted with the UMG on many forums. I do not feel I should be responsible for a manufacturers flaw. When I described it it was to the best of my knowledge from what I saw and how it handled for me during the test fire and general look over of the gun and it's accessories. I have explained this in many PM's and he keeps pushing for money.

He is claiming it is not what he was under the impression he was getting so he has opened a claim on me in Paypal saying it is not as described.

This a third hand gun mind you. Me personally, I have not used it other than to test it to make sure it works, it has been sitting in the house for near 3 years while I was in Germany and Iraq, I bought it during that time.

I have given him the option to send it back to me and I would refund him other than the cost of shipping since I payed for it to be shipped to him, he can ship it back. I want this matter to be known so he cannot say I am not willing to work with him as I am offering his money back for the return of the gun and all items sold with it.

Sorry for the problems.

The gun is far below 300fps. Below that of a stock TM AEP.

It was also that in the sales thread you said, "Works great with no known issues that I have come across." And if you have shot it once then I think that double feeds and low FPS when it does shoot one at a time is an issue that is very noticeable and something the buyer should know.

I never said that you are not willing to work with me either. I appreciate you replying quickly.

My policy usually dealing with paypal is of course, if the buyer has a problem w/ the gun, they can send it back. The only time I feel claims should be filed is if your having major conflicts with the opposite party or if the opposite party hasnt responded to any messages for a couple of days.

I said that I came across, I had no indication of a double feed the few rounds I shot so I did not note it as an issue on this gun, however the UMG is known to double feed. I stated what I did based solely on my test fire and yes, it did not go through both sides of a standard USPS box but that doesn't tell me *suitcase* on FPS other than I know it is below 400 cause that will go through both sides.

I have heard mixed FPS ratings on this gun from 260 - 300FPS but I have no way to confirm it at this time, I do not own a chrono to get a consistent read and the poor mans chrono is in my opinion not that helpful in this case, it would still not give an accurate number only a possible rating.

I have repeatedly told him to send it back to me, he doesn't seem to want to which means he is merely trying to corner me into paying extra to get repair parts and hi-cap mags to resolve the double feed issue. Opening a claim for $45 when he told me he wanted $15 also tells me that. I will not be black mailed, sorry.

The ball is in his court, I will give him $23 for shipping costs, and the remaining $142 on delivery of the gun and all items which include the suppressor, intact UMG (that includes the charging handle) and 3 regular cap magazines.

Closed dispute and I'll just drop it.

Not because you are right.

Because I don't have the time and I don't want to have anything on my mind other than classes

I still stand by the fact that if you sell something you should know how it performs. If you are unsure, I'd rather the seller tell me that than assume it works great like it did 3 years ago. Don't assume.

The gun came other than as described and I don't see why I should have to pay for it to be shipped back.

One of the only things I assume are that the person knows nothing about the gun they are buying, so to say it is in good working order, they get something they can play with unless said otherwise.

I have midterms coming up and no time. Being in school is one reason why I was upset in the first place as every penny I spend must be accounted for and I just feel that a gun with the description of flawless and good condition and no functional problems wouldn't have these issues that require more money. I hope you can learn something from this. I know I have. Arnie's is the same as any other forum, buyer beware.

You got a hell of a deal even with the need to swap the tappet plate out, like you would have to do anyway had you got a brand new version 2 which this is so you just got a great UMG, 3 mags, battery, and silencer for $133 cause I just sent you $10 cause I am tired of you. You got me good, mission accomplished.

Seller beware for cheapskates like this that will try and corner you to get their way cause they expect factory fresh for a third hand gun.

Well all I wanted was an accurate description before I sent any money. I may have just been flustered though again, it wasn't as described, to me it is not the money nearly as much as it is being deceived. That may not have been your intentions but I felt that way. I swapped out the piston head and put in a new spring. When the gun shoots only one it shoots at ~290. The barrel was in upside down , put it right side up now so the bbs don't roll out of the barrel but miss feeds 2/3 shots is the next challenge. At any rate, case closed. Best wishes all.

Archived