kwa makes the best airsoft gun, compared to ca, g&p, tm, it's all behind you once you get a kwa. Bah you've all heard it before, but here's a few things that really seal the deal imo. I've had a kwa carbine for 4 months of active use now and it has never misfired, the hopup, the BUILD quality..the fit and finish is flawless. But the first thing you'll notice is the incredible trigger response, Any of you bummed about the unique looking trades or unsure if certain parts need replacing? Just try a KWA, and don't make the mistake I did of using a 9.6 1600mah battery, just go for the 11.1v! Because the 11.1 gave me a clear bump in fps (able to pierce the bottom of a soda-can, when the 1600 nunchuck was unable to do that).

Bought mines recently so I can't comment much but its a really nice build, only thing I can comment is the rear iron sight.

You can't put the sight back down when you use the larger ring as it gets in the way (magpul BUIS don't have this problem).

Edited by tosuzu
kwa makes the best airsoft gun, compared to ca, g&p, tm, it's all behind you once you get a kwa. Bah you've all heard it before, but here's a few things that really seal the deal imo. I've had a kwa carbine for 4 months of active use now and it has never misfired, the hopup, the BUILD quality..the fit and finish is flawless. But the first thing you'll notice is the incredible trigger response, Any of you bummed about the unique looking trades or unsure if certain parts need replacing? Just try a KWA, and don't make the mistake I did of using a 9.6 1600mah battery, just go for the 11.1v! Because the 11.1 gave me a clear bump in fps (able to pierce the bottom of a soda-can, when the 1600 nunchuck was unable to do that).

What are you talking about? Power source has NOTHING to do with FPS, at all, in any way. I could use a 7.2v battery then move up to a 14.8v battery and the FPS would remain the same, so don't say things like that that aren't true. That statement kind of makes the rest of your post seem like just a lot of assumptions because if you thing a battery raises FPS, you probably haven't compared your KWA AEG to any CA, TM, or G&P.

My only points of concern are the metal non-ported piston head and the potential for needing to re-crimp the motor connectors. The motor connector thing is no big deal at all, but you'd think after going through all that trouble to reinforce the front of the gearbox to prevent shell breakages they would have had enough sense to use a polycarbonate ported piston head instead of a metal one that would pose greater risk of cracking the gearbox shell over time. Ah well, might just have to replace it with a G&P explosive piston head at some point if I get too concerned about it.

Over at the KWA formus their is a very detailed reason from KWA why they use the Metal Piston head, Like you too I had considered changing it. But after reading the engineering reports from KWA cheif designer the use of a Metal Piston head offers much more benefits that a polycarbonate version. To quote their cheif engineer if a polycaronate piston head was better than the Metal version it would have been fitted as standard, But in tests the metal version the best.

Edited by jonny2400
What are you talking about? Power source has NOTHING to do with FPS, at all, in any way. I could use a 7.2v battery then move up to a 14.8v battery and the FPS would remain the same, so don't say things like that that aren't true. That statement kind of makes the rest of your post seem like just a lot of assumptions because if you thing a battery raises FPS, you probably haven't compared your KWA AEG to any CA, TM, or G&P.

yes i know that battery doesn't effect fps from the voltage, but if your battery doesn't have high enough MAH rating, it can be under powering your aeg. So there is a way to LOSE fps from using a battery that doesn't have high enough mah, and so I personally gained FPS by using a better battery. I know for a fact that using a 9.6 1400mah gave less fps then my lipo.

Edited by veratek
yes i know that battery doesn't effect fps from the voltage, but if your battery doesn't have high enough MAH rating, it can be under powering your aeg. So there is a way to LOSE fps from using a battery that doesn't have high enough mah, and so I personally gained FPS by using a better battery. I know for a fact that using a 9.6 1400mah gave less fps then my lipo.

FPS = Feet Per Second.

It is affected by the condition of the gun's air seals and spring, or whether the piston is fully pulled back or not...

RPS = Round Per Second

It is affected by power source, motor, gear ratio, and also whether the piston is fully pulled back or not.

Only way to lose FPS with battery: use a dead battery, get 0 FPS and 0 ROF because your gun does not fire. :D

Edited by adadqgg

Just a note to anyone who might be interested in the KWA KM4 RIS I have personally confirmed that G&P and D-Boys barrel mounted M203 launchers will not fit properly. The problem is KWA made the outer barrel too wide so the tangs on the M203 mount that go over the barrel cannot fit over the barrel.

There is a solution to this, but not a very good one. Remove the flashider, front sight assembly, and rail system and then you can slide the outer barrel through the M203's mounting tangs, then put the front sight and flashider back on, lock the M203 down, and reinstall the RIS. You lose any kind of quick detach functionality but it will allow you to install the M203 launcher.

The next problem once installed is that the cutout in the front of the barrel for the M203's front mount is cut about 3/16" too far forward. What does this mean to you? It means that your M203 launcher, once installed, will slide back and forth about 3/16" and will never be very secure on the outer barrel and barrel nut. I can definitely see the M203 launcher's rear mounting portion breaking if you took a hard spill with the gun, since the M203 is just not at all secure on the gun and when it slides forward there is only 1/16" or so of material on the M203's rear mounting section making contact with the barrel nut.

To sum it up, with enough fiddling around you can get a M203 launcher on the KM4 RIS, it just won't be very secure and the M203's rear mounting section may snap off one day from the lack of material contacting the barrel nut. So if you fancy yourself a grenadier (or a masterkey shotgun user) I'd avoid the KWA KM4 RIS and go for a G&P or Classic Army X-Series AEG instead.

No, that is definitely not true. 1RPS or 30RPS, FPS will be the same. Stop spreading nonsense.

No, that is definitely not true. 1RPS or 30RPS, FPS will be the same. Stop spreading nonsense.

I can throw a video up of the kwa shooting the bottom of 10 different soda cans and never piercing with a 9.6 1400mah, but switch to the lipo and it breaks the can everytime :huh: i'm not saying the battery increases fps, i think the mAh rating can be too low on some batteries though.

Edited by veratek
  • 4 months later...

Great review on one of my fave guns out there. Must confess that I would love to see an accuracy report on the variation between the SR10 and 12 just to see if that extra few inches on the barrel length of the 12 gives improved accuracy and range over the 10 which I think looks a little nicer (mainly that's down to the stock though).

Anyone seen a firing / accuracy report or comparison?

Beardy

• 2 weeks later...

I own the SR 12 and have left it stock for now except for a M100 spring ( 355 FPS )

In comparison with a 300FPS RealSword Type 97 that has a SCS nub, guarder clear and 420mm 6.03 prommy TB and a 350 FPS TM M14socom that has a Hnub, guarder clear and 420mm 6.03 prommy TB:

- Has the about the same range ( M14 a little further ).

- Has a bigger spread ( will be fixed with a wide H-nub and a KM 502 6.04 TB )

Lets say we can hit a 30x30 cm target with the RS and TM, but only a 50x50 cm target with the SR12.

Still, very good AEG, hopefully will be as accurate as the other 2 AEGs

Without question, my SR 10 (stock) is the most accurate of all the AEG's I have. (as compared to Classic Armys, G&P's, and G&G's Internal upgrades vary from Prometheus TB barrels to Systema TB barrels and hopups.) It keeps very tight groups at 75 or so feet where most of my other guns have already begun to do that "shotgun spread". (all shooting about 400 FPS with .20's, but shooting .25's when I play in the field.) I did have feeding issues that KWA remedied on the fly. (excellent customer svc) The only thing I would recommend is to NOT go with an 11.1v LiPo. The ROF is insane. you can hang laundry on the line of BB's that comes out. I did this and the gun lasted about half the playing day. I destroyed the piston and the spur gear broke an axle in one of the bearrings. Fun... but soooo not worth it.