MAGPUL PTS ACR & MAGPUL PTS/A&K Sportsline Masada

uscmCorps

^I think the GBB conversion will definitely satisfy the blowback crowd, no need for it to be on the AEG :D

Thats very true, in all honesty im really really really looking forward to the ACR in general, and i will own both, the GBB is really what im looking at.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is it exactly different? Shorter? Thinner?

Will A&K be releasing a metal RIS hand guard, or is that only available on the PTS?

Because I've seen some pics with a CQB length barrel and RIS hand guard and a SPR length model with a PRS styled stock. So are those A&K's?

From what I recall the A&K was scaled down in height and length equally relative to the ACR. I think it was about 2 to 3 cm shorter, which doesn't sound like much but anyone who's worked in 3D or CAD knows doing that translates through the entire design. It just *feels* a bit smaller. If you get used to the A&K's sizing you might be a little taken aback by the ACR's size when it comes out. But for me, the ACR's size *felt* right. The A&K's width is not necessarily thinner as it still has to work around the gearbox and motor. The ACR's height and length is identical to the real deal. The ACR's width is maybe about 2 milimeters (3 at most) wider than the real ACR to accommodate the AEG internals. Personally, I like the idea of having a dedicated GBB lower rather than the current plan to have GBB internals drop straight into an empty AEG lower. Having a dedicated lower would make swapping systems that much quicker.

As for additional accessories for the A&K, I'm not sure what the official word on that is. I got the impression A&K were given the go ahead to do it as part of the license. If you've seen any pics of AEG Masadas with different accessories then they had to be of the A&K version, so it's possible those parts are prototypes, it's also possible those are production pieces.

To reiterate, there is no cross compatibility of parts between the Sportsline Masada and the Magpul PTS ACR.

Ooops, Need to clarify -- Post #104 IS the Real Deal ACR - 5.56 / 62g Hard Beans.

Like USMC stated, the dimensions are going to be minimal and not noticeable unless you have both for a side by side comparison.

I'm holding out for the GBB version myself and Pray To GOD Almighty that they use the More Robust KJW / TK Based Gas Blow Back System; as the LAST Thing I want to do is shell out big money up front and keep paying money just to keep it running!

I Hope Magpul PTS Is Reading This,,,

All that for $450 i cant complain

shame on the Foliage green(*cough*Grey*cough) they should have went for a true Olive Drab, black will do fine tho

I would still like to hear more about internal specifications, and also if they will be committed to following up the launch with replacement parts(sounds like various parts of the GB are proprietary)

For all the quick swapping parts, captive pins on the body i hope?

Sorry forgot to reply to that. Captive pins? Yes. That was for certain. Replacement parts? I believe so. Still waiting to hear more about the internal specs. As for color, I think they're going by whatever will be available in RS which is FDE, Black and FG. An OD one could be very cool and makes a lot of sense for people who play in woodland type environments. I guess the next best thing would be to get a Black one and tiger stripe it with OD Green.

is it really that much different from A&K Masada...(real gun surely :)) but i mean the airsoft version esthetically from outside :P

TBH, I can't remember what all the differences between the Masada and ACR are. From what I recall, the most notable change is the charging handle position. There were other things pointed out to me, specifically between the A&K and PTS ACR ... but they completely escape me right now.

The one in Raven1's post looks like a 11.5" or 10.5" barreled ACR with the polymer handguard swapped with the aluminum railed handguard. The one detail I can't recall as being the same or different from his pic and the PTS ACR I checked out is the shell deflector.

TBH, I can't remember what all the differences between the Masada and ACR are. From what I recall, the most notable change is the charging handle position. There were other things pointed out to me, specifically between the A&K and PTS ACR ... but they completely escape me right now.

The one in Raven1's post looks like a 11.5" or 10.5" barreled ACR with the polymer handguard swapped with the aluminum railed handguard. The one detail I can't recall as being the same or different from his pic and the PTS ACR I checked out is the shell deflector.

size i remember you said is made according to real model the ACR, but just had a thought. Could that bring trouble when importing those as if its too close to the real model? its 1 on 1 right? hate the goverments already looking for Gas guns as they look damn intimidating already

size i remember you said is made according to real model the ACR, but just had a thought. Could that bring trouble when importing those as if its too close to the real model? its 1 on 1 right? hate the goverments already looking for Gas guns as they look damn intimidating already

I asked PTS about this while I was there. PTS goes to great lengths to ensure that while their products are accurate aesthetically that they can in no way be made to fire a real round. I asked the same question when the FPG came up in conversation. Like, it would suck if someone could take the PTS FPG and shove a real Glock in it. I was assured there was no way that can happen with the way these products are designed. It's a good question though. I was definitely wondering about that too.

As for additional accessories for the A&K, I'm not sure what the official word on that is. I got the impression A&K were given the go ahead to do it as part of the license. If you've seen any pics of AEG Masadas with different accessories then they had to be of the A&K version, so it's possible those parts are prototypes, it's also possible those are production pieces.

As they showed a shorter version fitted with railed handguard and short barrel, we can imagine that if they got cleared for production for that one it would make sens to make the parts available for spare.

And "non-licensed" Masada distributor has been advertising for shorter barrels in "soming soon" for quite some time now.

I'm a little suprised Magpul never added the swappable grip system to the ACR/Masada.

Yeah me too. Especially considering everyone has different sized hands. But that was a decision made on the Magpul Industries level for their real ACR, and PTS had to follow suit. That said, I thought the grip was very comfortable.

Too bad they didn't incorporate a system similar to the Tokyo Marui SOPMOD - "locks back" at the last round.

As was previously discussed, yes it would have been nice ... but it would have required proprietary mags to be designed and bought by the consumer and they knew that the majority of airsofters would rather have a gun that they can use their preexisting TM Spec'ed mags and Magpul PMAGs. You've got to try and cater to the majority before the minority. If it had proprietary mags, I would have still bought it, but I know a lot of airsofters would have moaned about it. You can't make everyone happy.

As they showed a shorter version fitted with railed handguard and short barrel, we can imagine that if they got cleared for production for that one it would make sens to make the parts available for spare.

And "non-licensed" Masada distributor has been advertising for shorter barrels in "soming soon" for quite some time now.

Is that kinda like "coming soon"? :P;)

the gbb should like the mad bull c02 gearbox

sure theres less recoil but its more practical, use the fixed stock as a tank so you can still use hi caps mid caps and p mags

not to mention how awesome it is so put a silencer over it and have a really quite gun ;)

Spelling errors? Can you point out which? Because I reread the post a lot before I posted it. Was MS Word picking up on the names? Like Magpul, Masada etc?

Yeah, it was. Which is the only reason I caught this in your first summary:

...Masda MUST have a Magul...

Thinking about it, I was a bit harsh. Your essay deserves at least an A. ;)

-Vic

Here is a pic of the latest Remington ACR, note how it has more ventilation and the rails are now removable.

remingtonacrmag00420.th.jpg

remingtonacrmag00418.th.jpg

Here is a slightly older pic of the Bushmaster version, note that there is a rifle length and carbine length handguard. The rifle length one is the one I like over a carbine barrel that shrouds everthing but the flash hider. I hope they make it!

bm9087ji7.th.jpg

@uscmCorps : Let me just say thanks for your great news, effort and commitment to bring to all of us this great news, detailed info e dream specs. I personally think your making many people happy with your lines witch is what we all should look for in this world. Said that...

@AlloftheBigNegativeMouths : Why don't you just shut up? Who cares if Magpul and A&K had shared information in the past? Are you airsofters? Because if you are you should be very happy with the news of the soon release of a new and flawless product that will bring a new level of Airsoft in what equipment is about. If you don't have nothing to ask or to add about the specs of the new AEG,just stop replying and be jealous in your corner, alone, for not been asked to go to hong kong and get one in your hands (that should hurt in the stomack).

@uscmCorps (again) : I do have an unlicensed version of de A&K Masada already, so just one question... Many people here in the forums have made their one reviews of the gun. Do you know if A&K designers read them and are tunning the new models in an efford to raise the quality level in parts that do not have to rebuild molds and have more development costs? Thanks and release info when you have it :)

Here is a pic of the latest Remington ACR, note how it has more ventilation and the rails are now removable.

remingtonacrmag00420.th.jpg

Please note the position of the selector on full auto, also one of the new 'Improvements' made by Remington to get the rifle 'Military' ready for the up coming M4 Replacement Trials,,,

the gbb should like the mad bull c02 gearbox

sure theres less recoil but its more practical, use the fixed stock as a tank so you can still use hi caps mid caps and p mags

Those Madbull gas boxes are utter poo.

If I understand it right the ACR system should be a gearbox shell lower, (holding the hammer system) but sans top for a bolt assembly. I'm with USCM though I think a complete lower swap would be better.

FireballPT: I don't believe the Sportsline Masada will externally change from the original A&K design. As for people complaining, I think we're all trying to put that behind us. I appreciate the sentiment, but let's just leave it at that and move forwards from here. There's too much drama in the world as it is.

Raven1: When are the trials taking place?

I think at one time PTS had considered making a PTW level gun ... they may in fact still be planning it.

For what its worth: I wrote to Magpul right after they had announced the Masada at the 2007 SHOT Show, about whether or not they had any plans to do an airsoft version. I received a quick responose from Richard (Magpul Pres./CEO) saying that were going to do a full PTW version...

Things have obviously moved on since then - but it sounds as though it wouldn't be much of a challenge to develop the PTS into a full-blown PTW. But there's clearly more money to be made from the skirmish versions first...

@AlloftheBigNegativeMouths : Why don't you just shut up? Who cares if Magpul and A&K had shared information in the past? Are you airsofters? Because if you are you should be very happy with the news of the soon release of a new and flawless product that will bring a new level of Airsoft in what equipment is about. If you don't have nothing to ask or to add about the specs of the new AEG,just stop replying and be jealous in your corner, alone, for not been asked to go to hong kong and get one in your hands (that should hurt in the stomack).

You can pack that in RIGHT NOW. :waggle:

Just because some people either don't care about a new PTS product or question the fairytale scenario described in this thread it doesn't mean they have to keep their opinions to themselves and it CERTAINLY doesn't give you the right to tell people to shut up.

I'd suggest you take your own advice and stick to posting information or your own opinion and stop worrying about what other people have to say.

This thread is NOT going to become a debate on the subject so any further debate on the subject will result in an immediate suspension.

Archived