MAGPUL PTS ACR & MAGPUL PTS/A&K Sportsline Masada

uscmCorps

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know how far they are on their GBB system development?

I'm asking for two reasons right now.

1. Is it gas in mag because they were also talking about pmag gbb mags weren't they?

2. Also, if they aren't far, you might actually want to bring up the kjw system because they use a guide rod on the charging handle. I just watched a video from some gun show (might have been last year's shot show, already forgot), but the bolt carrier on the real masada has the spring on it in the upper portion making it look possible for the kjw design to be an easy fit. This really lends itself to the kjw design. Bolt carrier on spring guide rod along with the nozzle face. Guide rod is also spring guide. And then the rest of the kjw design. Only difference that can be a problem is the size of the parts which will make or break all designs. Also, I'm no engineer (yet) so Magpul may very well make an even better system (let's hope!!!!).

Of course, magpul might have to ask them to allow them to use the design which might be a problem and that they are too far.

Just my .2 cents.

Also mention that they should definitely make the mags leak free. That's seems to be the draw back of all gbbr mags. (all of them have had reports of leaking...don't lie (maybe not kjw, I don't remember that thread anymore).

KJW System does seem good and could have benefits for KJW/TK aswell. One of the often quoted hates about the thei system is the Thermold Mags, If Magpul made PMAGS for this System it would be a major selling point for KJW/TK.

Still this is all speculation, lets just all wait and see what comes along.

One thing putting me off about the KJW system also applies to the WE system: there are no high capacity magazines for it, only real capacity magazines. 30 rounds just isn't enough for practical skirmishing, 50 is much more doable.

If Magpul PTS creates a GBB lower based off the KJW design and a ~50 round PMAG, then I would think that KJW M4s would sell much better as well. Something like that might even put it over a WA or WE to many users.

That way when people complain about KJW's thermold magazines, KJW can just say: "Come to the dark side, we have PMAGs!" ;)

Can't wait for this gun. I'm saving my pennies and selling my other AEGs like everyone else...

But they're (supposedly) making a completely seperate lower receiver. Surely it can't be THAT hard, when they've already spent so much time, effort and money on making/designing the rest of the rifle?

USCMcorps, did they say why? in specific details? It just seems really, REALLY idiotic, to be honest, to make them not compatible with TM AK mags.

I dont think the RS 7.62 acr takes regular ak mags either....if Im correct then the point is mute, as this would detract from realism.

Altho sadly the Sig 556 and a FAL is ranked above this currently on my gun list...with my magpul m4 still in the works as well...oh well I'll wait for later versions just incase there are bugs that need to be fixed.

Sorry I don't have more info about the GBB system. The system was described to me, but I did not get to see it. The GBB system was described as a Gas In Mag design. I am badgering Magpul PTS for product pics and they have been promised to come soon.

One thing putting me off about the KJW system also applies to the WE system: there are no high capacity magazines for it, only real capacity magazines. 30 rounds just isn't enough for practical skirmishing, 50 is much more doable.

If Magpul PTS creates a GBB lower based off the KJW design and a ~50 round PMAG, then I would think that KJW M4s would sell much better as well. Something like that might even put it over a WA or WE to many users.

That way when people complain about KJW's thermold magazines, KJW can just say: "Come to the dark side, we have PMAGs!" ;)

Can't wait for this gun. I'm saving my pennies and selling my other AEGs like everyone else...

I think the problem with the higher capacity GBB mags is mainly the gas-in-mag limitation. The mag can only hold so much gas, and cooldown from shooting will get pretty bad so the probability of shooting 50 rounds in 3 round bursts every 3 seconds even on a full charge is pretty low. however the 30rd mags are much more doable.

I think the problem with the higher capacity GBB mags is mainly the gas-in-mag limitation. The mag can only hold so much gas, and cooldown from shooting will get pretty bad so the probability of shooting 50 rounds in 3 round bursts every 3 seconds even on a full charge is pretty low. however the 30rd mags are much more doable.

Just one of the downsides of a GBBR, which is why I'm sticking with the AEG Masada when it comes out :D

KJW System does seem good and could have benefits for KJW/TK aswell. One of the often quoted hates about the thei system is the Thermold Mags, If Magpul made PMAGS for this System it would be a major selling point for KJW/TK.

Still this is all speculation, lets just all wait and see what comes along.

Agreed!

The "War Waffle" KJW / TK Magazine is in-expensive at $39 USD, IS 100% leak free and Rock Solid, Must Also Mention 5 Empty WA Magazines Weigh 1.2Lbs MORE Than 5 Empty KJW Waffles.

The KJW Waffle averages 3 BB reloads (That's 32 BBs per reload) per 1 Gas Fill - Extremely Efficient!

PLEASE, Please Magpul PTS make a Pmag for the KJW / TK GBBR and if you were to base your BCG group utilizing this design.

Tanio Kobayashi has already demonstrated his willingness to extend a helping hand to 'Other' manufacturers.

You'd have a sure fire winner, Know This,,,

I dont think the RS 7.62 acr takes regular ak mags either....if Im correct then the point is mute, as this would detract from realism.

Altho sadly the Sig 556 and a FAL is ranked above this currently on my gun list...with my magpul m4 still in the works as well...oh well I'll wait for later versions just incase there are bugs that need to be fixed.

Thing is, and I am obviously speaking of the real steel here, I'm 99% sure those are NOT 7.62x39 AK magazines. Those were supposed to be bulgarian 5.45 or 5.56 AK mags.

Like this (found with a quick google) - http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/products_id/2973

It does look like it could be those mags.

Perosnally I'd rather liek it to be WA due to plethora of upgardep arts available. My plan is 450fps ACR GBB DMRI have a nice big scope to stick on that :D Scrim it up (sadly) and I reckon it'll be beautiful, never midn then taking it odff taking down the barrel and turnign it back into a short AEG for CQB afterwards.

obviosuly the mag capacity isn't of much meanign to a DMR, if I have to take 30 shots at a target before I can reload I need to wear glasses!

Can't wait to see how this comes out. While I revere a personal hatred for MagPul and their embodyment of "JUST another M4" this has even peaked my attention, and I'm slowly swaying.

Well done magpul.

I should point out that the GBB probably wont have compatible internals to an M4, as the dimensions of the receiver are completely different, along with the vastly different bolt and return spring.

I would not be surprised at all if the only compatible thing was the magazine.

I should point out that the GBB probably wont have compatible internals to an M4, as the dimensions of the receiver are completely different, along with the vastly different bolt and return spring.

I would not be surprised at all if the only compatible thing was the magazine.

I'd imagine most of the trigger mech, gas valves etc wopuld be compaitble. Obvisouly the charging handle and return sprint won't be but the ACR frame is bigger than the M4 frame so it could easily take an M4 internals with different charging handle.

well the masada had an Ar15 style trigger, but I don't know if that remains the same for the ACR with all the changes. Either way though I am pretty sure the internal trigger mech was modded (the fa selector being at 135 rather then 180 degrees for instance) and its on an internal drop in frame IIRC. the bolt carrier setup WILL be completely different though, no matter what.

with all the discution about the changable AK mag receiver i thought i"d mention theres a pic" on page 58 of the masada thread of my masada with king arms AK to M4 receiver mags , i like the look some don"t you decided .

Would it have killed you to repost the pic, or at least post a link to the page? <_<

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2328/masadaakmag.jpg

Would it have killed you to repost the pic, or at least post a link to the page? <_<

didn"t see the need to clutter up with previously posted picture , thought a page number was good enuff , not as if i"d just said "theres a picture in the masada thread"

Personally if it's the same gas system as in the WA M4 then it makes me not want..... There's enough people on the forum who has upgraded every component they can and are still not satisfied, so it makes me reluctant to take the risk. (of course there's those that are happy with their WA too... before we start a fanboy war)

HOLY *suitcase*!

PICTURE IS XBOX HUEG!

You should see it in my 32" Monitor.

Serious question: Is the forum not automatically shrinking that pic down for you once it's loaded?

Beyond that, I must say, I wish people would post sensible sized pictures.

On a slow internet connection it can take minutes to load a page full of silly sized pictures.

I can't really see any need for posting pic's bigger than about 1000 x 800 or thereabouts.

For my part, I'll go and change that pic to a link. I didn't realise quite how gigantic it was.

No point in inflicting it on people unneccesarily.

Archived