MAGPUL PTS ACR & MAGPUL PTS/A&K Sportsline Masada

uscmCorps

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, let's keep this thread to facts.

I know uscmCorps had a few direct face to face meetings with Magpul PTS and is in direct contact with them as am I. So what was initally posted is as official as uscmCorps was ok'd to post by Magpul PTS. There are many more facts we know, that haven't been made public yet.

What Frontiers has posted I cannot get any of my contacts in Asia to confirm as of this date. So until it's substantiated by Magpul PTS, we cannot call this fact in this situation.

So as the previous poster's have stated, let's keep this thread to fact from Magpul PTS.

only place where you can buy MASADA as wholesale is STAR offcourse now its the A&K MASADA only as the other one is not released...do you suggest they have more than one official distributors? that ACR would be distributed by other company? now that would not be smart at all...every company EBB,WGC,RSOV,Gunner,Ehobbyasia have to order from STAR if they want these babies. i never said ABSOLUTELY or 100% sure they make the internals, i say it was a hunch of mine right? *edit i re-read what i posted and i never said it as a fact! that internals are made by STAR but i think is...later we know anyways. And that is not a rumour anymore that STAR is the distributor right as many companies have bought them from there already...i find it pretty interesting why Magpul PTS is trying to hide that? (Because bad reputation STAR has got in manufacturing i think) you asked them of the STAR making internals and they say 2 words "No way" and comment nothing about their co-operation, as they could have said "they only distribute but don't do anything for the internals"

Here's a couple facts: Magpul PTS has NEVER hidden their distribution deal with STAR for the PTS Greenlabel product line. NEVER. I will repeat that NEVER. They've always been open about that with me and I have NEVER denied that ever. It's common knowledge that STAR manufactures and distributes the Greenlabel PMAGs. There are also a few PTS items that STAR does NOT manufacture that they also partially distribute for PTS such as the MBUS, ACS, and enhanced trigger guard ... but Magpul PTS also distributes those particular items themselves as they manufacture those through their own outsourced factory. STAR distributing the A&K Masada? That's fine, and kinda makes sense since Magpul PTS is saving as much available space as possible in their warehouse for the PTS ACR plus they want nothing to do with the A&K Masada beyond licensing it. The PTS PMAG midcaps are generally distributed directly through Magpul PTS and the ACR will also most likely go directly through Magpul PTS. If the ACR were to be distributed through STAR ... I could care less. Distribution and Manufacturing are two completely separate things.

The confusion I'm seeing is why you or any of your distributor/wholesaler contacts would make the logic leap that that partial distribution deal and occasional manufacture of some Greenlabel products would imply that STAR is making the internals for the ACR. Magpul PTS has relationships with many other companies including G&P, Prime, WA, Redwolf Airsoft, etc, etc. Plus G&P are rebuilding the internals for a small batch of A&K Masadas. Using your logic you could have just as easily made the connection that G&P are making the internals for the ACR, which isn't true either. Implying that STAR is doing the internals (which as you pointed out has a bad AEG internal manufacturing reputation) based purely on a hunch can be very damaging to the ACR, especially when you presented it as a secret fact that you've been holding back for a long time now. And now you seem to be back peddling, because you're saying that you never presented it as fact, simply as a question. To which I point out that the way you said it was clear enough that the following 8 comments from that post of yours all inferred you were saying it as a fact. Your English grammar (or whatever you attribute the mass misinterpretation of what you said) is conveniently bad when it suits your needs, but perfectly fine when you want it to be. May I suggest you make your comments in the future in such a way that they are clear and to the point? That'll help alleviate the confusion and perhaps even minimize the false assumptions that seem to be so prevalent in this industry. You can't make such frivolous and damaging comments like that and expect people not to take it seriously. You've demonstrated that you do occasionally have insider info into the ACM industry, so when you make a comment like that, people listen. You have a responsibility to post factually when commenting on a product, and if you're guessing, make that clear too. That's the code I and pretty much anyone who reports news tries to adhere to.

Here's a couple facts: Magpul PTS has NEVER hidden their distribution deal with STAR for the PTS Greenlabel product line. NEVER. I will repeat that NEVER. They've always been open about that with me and I have NEVER denied that ever. It's common knowledge that STAR manufactures and distributes the Greenlabel PMAGs. There are also a few PTS items that STAR does NOT manufacture that they also partially distribute for PTS such as the MBUS, ACS, and enhanced trigger guard ... but Magpul PTS also distributes those particular items themselves as they manufacture those through their own outsourced factory. STAR distributing the A&K Masada? That's fine, and kinda makes sense since Magpul PTS is saving as much available space as possible in their warehouse for the PTS ACR plus they want nothing to do with the A&K Masada beyond licensing it. The PTS PMAG midcaps are generally distributed directly through Magpul PTS and the ACR will also most likely go directly through Magpul PTS. If the ACR were to be distributed through STAR ... I could care less. Distribution and Manufacturing are two completely separate things.

The confusion I'm seeing is why you or any of your distributor/wholesaler contacts would make the logic leap that that partial distribution deal and occasional manufacture of some Greenlabel products would imply that STAR is making the internals for the ACR. Magpul PTS has relationships with many other companies including G&P, Prime, WA, Redwolf Airsoft, etc, etc. Plus G&P are rebuilding the internals for a small batch of A&K Masadas. Using your logic you could have just as easily made the connection that G&P are making the internals for the ACR, which isn't true either. Implying that STAR is doing the internals (which as you pointed out has a bad AEG internal manufacturing reputation) based purely on a hunch can be very damaging to the ACR, especially when you presented it as a secret fact that you've been holding back for a long time now. And now you seem to be back peddling, because you're saying that you never presented it as fact, simply as a question. To which I point out that the way you said it was clear enough that the following 8 comments from that post of yours all inferred you were saying it as a fact. Your English grammar (or whatever you attribute the mass misinterpretation of what you said) is conveniently bad when it suits your needs, but perfectly fine when you want it to be. May I suggest you make your comments in the future in such a way that they are clear and to the point? That'll help alleviate the confusion and perhaps even minimize the false assumptions that seem to be so prevalent in this industry. You can't make such frivolous and damaging comments like that and expect people not to take it seriously. You've demonstrated that you do occasionally have insider info into the ACM industry, so when you make a comment like that, people listen. You have a responsibility to post factually when commenting on a product, and if you're guessing, make that clear too. That's the code I and pretty much anyone who reports news tries to adhere to.

well mate, usually it goes like this when people starts to attack other peoples grammar is that they know they are wrong...nice one there mate, talk about discrediting someone... for the G&P connection i knew that already that day when you announced this one, so no need to guess would it be done by G&P the internals and i knew that STAR is the distributor that day when you posted this thread to here, and in fact i PM'd mods in here that would it be approriate to comment about that (yes i did ask, as i don't want to stir the pot as evidently you are so passionate about this ACR) why me for thinking they where not front up with you the STAR thing is that you visited them but they kept that information from you, is what from my view point is pretty interesting and i knew that already that date when you posted this and apparently you still don't know that...but what ever mate, like i said no pun intended hope the ACR is as good as its made to be, it was cool in MW2 at least :P
(...)

FM-

I'm curious as to why there's feeding issues in the unlicensed model with the PMAG, but not so with the licensed model. Once again, I'm waiting for the PTS model, so this doesn't truly affect me, but it is interesting that there is some difference between the licensed and unlicensed model and that they are not the result of a licensing kit sent off to the retailer.

-Piano

From exchange of a few emails between three different users of non licensed version I would rather say that some tend to have problems with PMAGs and some not so I wouldn't take it to licensed or non licensed level.

Frontiers, nobody is attacking your grammar. Your arrogance in the second sentence is what isn't generally acceptable. You got other people confused, because you, a credible news source, stated an opinion without mentioning that it was your opinion, which is what started all this. I would suggest that you keep that arrogance in check, because even though you are the Arnie's source on the inside for Chinasoft, if you keep up that kind of attitude, nobody is going to want to listen to you.

On topic, hope the ACR is nice, been eyeing it since I saw the Masada at the SHOT Show Magpul booth two years ago. If China can come out with a masterkey to mount on the rails (HINT), then that'd make my day.

EDIT: Sorry orca, you posted as I was making this one. I'll bow out from here then.

well mate, usually it goes like this when people starts to attack other peoples grammar is that they know they are wrong...

*sigh* :rolleyes:

Perhaps it should be locked and a new can be started when their is something factual to report?

I say lock the thread, cleanse it of all the BS misinformation that was introduced in the last 2-3 pages, and when new FACTUAL details and not rumors are available or photos of the actual products are out, contact the moderators to unlock and add that info. This is supposed to be a "News" thread after all. Not a "Rumor" thread. <_<

So, who is in charge to judge what's a rumor and what's a fact?

When someone "knows" something he/she posts it. Everybody can decide for themselves what to believe and what not.

But this "I'm right, you're doodoo" back and forth is worth than a Paris Hilton catfight. From both sides.

And locked.. I'm not going to clean up what's been posted before as it has value in showing who stated what. This can be directly compared to what has been and will be released form Magpul PTS.

Archived