MAGPUL PTS ACR & MAGPUL PTS/A&K Sportsline Masada

uscmCorps

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the info mate, any idea if the PTS outer barrels will fit the A&K ? I'm guessing if the gearbox is different the hop/outer

barrel may well be different.

No. None of the parts are compatible between the Sportsline Masada and the Magpul PTS ACR. The two systems were developed completely independent of one another and share no common parts or dimensions. The ACR's tool-less ratchet barrel system is accurate to the real deal whereas the Sportsline Masada is aesthetically similar but different.

Kinda disappointing that it won't run TM AK mags, I'd rather have a completely separate mech in the lower to allow it and pay a bit more, plus it would have meant magpul AK mag for the muppets with commie rifles ruski-fans :P .

Does the bolt lock back to help set the hop? Cos thats the one feature on the A&K I'd like to see on more guns. Or at least a bolt face slightly more blunt than a scalpel....

Regarding the AK mags, yes I was disappointed too. It was described to me as something they tried hard to work into the design, but couldn't in the end.

As for the locking back bolt, I seem to recall that the HopUp was adjustable through the open bolt.

somehow i smell a rat when i see one :D , i hope the ACR will be damn good and all :) good luck for that but the A&K story was too sweet to read to believe its all true, A&K would not be in any kind of trouble financially for making a model and even not selling it straight up, this story made them look like they where very desperate for anything, Chinese are known for certainly not being begging for mercy like in this story it says Magpul the saviour saved A&K's *albatross*. I think we got the official Magpul PTS side of the story what they want for people to hear and think. But nonetheless good that finally that model is coming out, many people have been waiting for that long time!

You show your credentials and I'll show mine. Most of your "factual predictions" on this product have been wrong. I've gotten confirmation on this story from multiple sources describing A&K's side of things as well as from Magpul PTS directly. There's more to the story, but I'm not allowed to share it for A&K's sake. I also know A&K's actual financial investment and a fuller breakdown of their investment in all of this but have been asked to withhold that info, again for A&K's sake by A&K and Magpul PTS. I have no doubt that you've seen factories, and have talked to manufacturers and retailers and have gotten lots of information about ACM products. But on this, you're wrong. And so is Paul EB, who thinks he knows more than he actually does. When Paul doesn't know all the details he fills in the gaps with his own speculation and passes it off as fact. And that is a known fact. Check your sources next time before you start calling people out for being a rat. That's just not cool at all and I've been very honest with people here.

You show your credentials and I'll show mine. Most of your "factual predictions" on this product have been wrong. I've gotten confirmation on this story from multiple sources describing A&K's side of things as well as from Magpul PTS directly. There's more to the story, but I'm not allowed to share it for A&K's sake. I also know A&K's actual financial investment and a fuller breakdown of their investment in all of this but have been asked to withhold that info, again for A&K's sake by A&K and Magpul PTS. Check your sources next time before you start calling people out for being a rat. That's just not cool at all and I've been very honest with people here.

because first time when i saw the A&K Masada with my own eyes, Boss of A&K told me that it was ordered from outside and it was highly classified (normally if some company orders from Europe or US they share that info with me but this time it was top secret) why it make me think that Magpul themselves might have been ordered it (just my speculation nothing else), and i was not saying you are a rat or something dude i just said because i know something what have happened in the background that something does not feel right, how about you chill out some and thanks for the news anyways. Btw can you comment whats going on with G&P as they are releasing MASADA also with their own Gearbox? Magpul releases with default A&K gearbox and G&P with their own, why like this? any information on that? cheers

usmCorps;

Thanks for the news, best news I heard since a long time.

It actually makes me looking forward to the end of the year, which is almost impossible. :D

(I hate X-mas, and every other hypocritical sense around it)

Well then time to check my savings. and 450USD? Now that's nice for a high end AEG.

Fronteirs, you're wrong again dude. And you're speculating. I know why A&K were being so secretive and it had nothing to do with "using Magpul PTS designs" which in of itself is untrue (the simple fact that they got the scale and many other details wrong when Magpul PTS had all the necessary info to do it right from the start is good evidence too). I can't say what they were being secretive about as the NDA still applies to that. I can say that I know for a fact that there's no way any of Magpul PTS's designs got into A&K's hands. And that's not speculation.

As for telling me to chill out, you're the one calling certain details in my report into question and thus also my integrity, based purely on a hunch you have. I thoroughly check my info with multiple sources before posting something as fact. You're previous actions do nothing more than to perpetuate a conspiracy that simply doesn't exist. That's more destructive than constructive and it's also the reason why many manufacturers choose not to post on open forums as there's always too many haters to make it worth their time. But whatever, that's never going to change I guess.

Back to the Sportsline Masada and the ACR ... If there are any further questions on their specs or the product itself, I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my recollection.

NeoVeNoM: That's the Magpul PTS MSRP, which tends to be higher than the actual listed price at online retailers. I expect the ACR to be a little cheaper.

Alex: I'm not sure. But if A&K has developed it, I'd be surprised if they didn't go forwards with it. I don't know if the license covers those specific products, but if they don't at least they've got a way to bring it up with Magpul PTS now. ;)

Raven KNI on GGi smashed a WE system into a Masada shell, but this is so much cooler.

Yeah, I saw that. That was crazy impressive! Got a link?

Edit: I think I can also mention ... Magpul PTS has heard the many requests for GBB PMAGs. They have been working on GBB PMAGs for the various different systems out there. The biggest limitation has been the PMAG's outer shell and making the mags 100% safe to use. But they are working on it.

Another request I made on behalf of another forum member was for PMAG style BB loaders. They've been thinking about that too, but want to make sure that whatever they come up with is cool.

Fronteirs, you're wrong again dude. And you're speculating. I know why A&K were being so secretive and it had nothing to do with "using Magpul PTS designs" which in of itself is untrue (the simple fact that they got the scale and many other details wrong when Magpul PTS had all the necessary info to do it right from the start is good evidence too). I can't say what they were being secretive about as the NDA still applies to that. I can say that I know for a fact that there's no way any of Magpul PTS's designs got into A&K's hands. And that's not speculation.
well mate, didnt the actual design change like 3 times ...? Bushmaster came into mix and others, why i thinked it could have been like the first version or something strange definetily happened as someone ordered this model, A&K did not choose to make it themselves.

As for telling me to chill out, you're the one calling certain details in my report into question and thus also my integrity, based purely on a hunch you have. I thoroughly check my info with multiple sources before posting something as fact. You're previous actions do nothing more than to perpetuate a conspiracy that simply doesn't exist. That's more destructive than constructive and it's also the reason why many manufacturers choose not to post on open forums as there's always too many haters to make it worth their time. But whatever, that's never going to change I guess.
yes, based on a hunch AFTER i talked with A&K Boss ;) i think that is better than talking with 3 or 4 outside people who might not know much either right? and thats where i come from because surely most news what i report most manufacturers would not like to spill out but i choose to report it to you instead of keeping it a secret so we all know whats going on.

Back to the Sportsline Masada and the ACR ... If there are any further questions on their specs or the product itself, I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my recollection.

NeoVeNoM: That's the Magpul PTS MSRP, which tends to be higher than the actual listed price at online retailers. I expect the ACR to be a little cheaper.

Alex: I'm not sure. But if A&K has developed it, I'd be surprised if they didn't go forwards with it. I don't know if the license covers those specific products, but if they don't at least they've got a way to bring it up with Magpul PTS now. ;)

and the G&P connection? why magpull let them change their gearbox to inside and does magpul version have normal A&K gearbox inside? i think i know the manufacturer (for the ACR the new model) but i dont know should i post it here yet as it might not be approriate time for it now. and mate like i said Chill out, nobody was not judging you, dont take every bad word someone says about magpul, you take it like someone said it to you. Apoligises for that if you got any mistakes from my part i never meant anything negative on you mate. No ill feelings on you mate. cheers for good news.

Any news of rifle length handguards?

My favorite Masada pic was the one that had something like a 12.5" barrel but rifle length handguards instead of carbine handguards. The only thing exposed on the front was the flash hider.

I always said I wanted one of those but in foliage green.

Any news of rifle length handguards?

My favorite Masada pic was the one that had something like a 12.5" barrel but rifle length handguards instead of carbine handguards. The only thing exposed on the front was the flash hider.

I always said I wanted one of those but in foliage green.

I'm not sure, but I think it is already rifle lenght (around 10" or so), its just that the barrel is mighty long (14'5"). With a 11,5" barrel, it'll give that "turtle-neck" effect you seem to appreciate (I like it that ways too :P).

somehow i smell a rat when i see one :D , i hope the ACR will be damn good and all :) good luck for that but the A&K story was too sweet to read to believe its all true...

Heh, indeed.

Either somebody at Magpul was telling fairy-tales or uscmCorps has a great career ahead of him writing speeches for politicians.

I'm sure the facts are all basically correct but I suspect a lot of the back-story has been re-imagined in light of the newly-found cooperation between Magpul and A&K.

Ah well, for those who want yet another SCAR-alike, it's all good I guess. :P

*EDIT*

It occurs to me as well, this means that an American corporation is now endorsing an illegal business in China.

Be fun to see how that turns out if it ever makes the news.

"Chinese workers imprisoned for making products for US consumers"

:unsure:

Blimey, all that effort with CNC uppers and lowers and everything, and yet there's no mosfet or PTW/SOPMOD style realism features. It's definitely a pretty dress, and I suppose the AR15 crowd will appreciate a non-V2 gearbox and decent hop-up for a change, but it seems they didn't really feel like making it any kind of ultimate weapon. In terms of function it's not really any different to a bog standard ICS M4.

Damn, Foliage Green, no other alternative for me than to cancel Christmas (Humbug, I have the families pressies here ready to wrap, 2 month is plenty of time for me to do it :P) It's a shame $450 can equate to £450 by the time UK retailers gouge their high profit margin out of an item, Import it shall be :)

What is Bushmasters take on their product being 'cloned' ;) unlicensed, I'd be interested to know.

Thanks for the info, RE the A&K backstory, far too one sided IMO, if someone commisioned the build it would have covered the design costs, I'm sure the real story or A&K side will appear to balance it out, and irrespective of who you are online I as have many other learned a long time ago to NEVER take one persons word for something, and I mean NEVER, It almost killed the UK online scene in the past more than once due to misinformation and the furore caused by it when the truth emerged, that isn't a slight on anyone, people here are only passing on info they have been handed, but even then they themselves should be adding a disclaimer stating that is what they were told, not what they KNOW to be fact, If proved to be wrong they are f*****, live and learn,

@ Stealth, nice, never considered what would happen with US affiliated firms supporting highly illegal activities in a foriegn state, dodgy much ? We shall see.

Bloody hell, you'd think this was some big, convoluted political scandal; never has there been so much fuss over a frikkin toy gun. I suppose at least it all means airsoft is becoming bigger business now-a-days which is good news in some aspects at least, but it's all a far cry from a couple of blokes with TMs and mix n' match jeans with some DPM (or your local military's most widely available cheap camouflage) running around the woods playing a slightly nerdy game of tag.

I'd imagine the fact they started working on it soooo bloody long ago explains the lack of any recoil, blowback or bolt lock/trigger stop type functions, by the looks of things PTS decided on a perfectly sound set of fairly standard AEG internals (presumably with the lower/magazine swapping in mind) and built a really nice shell around it; plus there's always the GBB bits in future to satisfy the realism nuts.

Only one thing letting me down personally at the moment, and that's yet again that they totally randomly leave the colour I actually want out of their production list. Is it really so much to ask for to get all 4 of their colours released at the same time rather than just a random pick of 2 or 3? When I'd like my gun in OD and they do the majority of their parts in OD I should not be contemplating the FG version and a can of krylon. Pretty much everything else about the products PTS makes is great IMO, the colour issue however properly grips my *fruitcage* *suitcase*. <_<

Excellent news... My only question still is has Remington Military Industries (Specifically Freedom Group, Inc which is the parent company for Remington, Bushmaster, Marlin and DPMS Pather Arms.) been approached to use the proper trades etc? As the production rifle will not say Magpul on the side but Remingtion Military Industries and Remington made the design changes from the original Masada prototype. Another design change made by Remington is they dropped the being able to convert it to 7.62x39mm, currently only 5.56mm, 6.5mm, and 6.8mm.

Just like Eugene Stoner and Armalite making the Original AR-15 prototype and the production contract for the M-16 being given to Colt... The original production rifles made by Colt had Colt trademarks not Armalite. There may be a possibility the actual production rifle may have both Magpul and Remington trademarks, but as past history has shown that may not happen.

USCMcorps any word on on if Remington has been approached for a license to use their trademarks? And why would they still go with the conversion to 7.62x39mm if the production rifle is not going to have this feature? Still think is cool but not accurate to the current production ACR by Remington.

I still want one!!!

Bloody hell, you'd think this was some big, convoluted political scandal; never has there been so much fuss over a frikkin toy gun.

I think the fuss came from the Cybergunesque tactics used in policing their rights (which was their right to do If they do hold all licences ?

But this has been one of the most hotly anticipated releases I have seen in Airsoft and we (most of us) are very passionate about our hobby, so it's easy to see why debate gets het up :)

Archived