MAGPUL PTS ACR & MAGPUL PTS/A&K Sportsline Masada

uscmCorps

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So in summary : Magpul PTS has licensed A&K to rerelease the A&K Masada as a Magpul PTS licensed Sportsline Masada. The licensed A&K Masda MUST have a Magul PTS Authorized Holographic Label and unique serial number to be sold by any distributor or retailer. You should be seeing this product available for sale shortly (I want to say within the next week to two weeks, but it is all depending on A&K's current legal situation).

I hope you're choking on your earlier words now.

Also, I just KNEW Magpul PTS would pull *suitcase* like that sooner or later. They never had any Masada model of their own in the works and after A&K made theirs, PTS threw a *suitcase*-fit. When they lost face (see - earlier posts about the Masada and people saying PTS is acting like a bunch of morons), they decided to jump the gun and knowing they don't have a chance against a manufacturer that is just as secretive as an organized crime syndicate (to sue someone, you first have to find him), they granted A&K a "license" so they could earn some money by slapping a huge-*albatross* markup on a cheap clone. Way to go, Magpul PTS, average joes on an internet forum would do the same thing three times faster.

I'm sure the facts are all basically correct but I suspect a lot of the back-story has been re-imagined in light of the newly-found cooperation between Magpul and A&K.

*EDIT*

It occurs to me as well, this means that an American corporation is now endorsing an illegal business in China.

Be fun to see how that turns out if it ever makes the news.

"Chinese workers imprisoned for making products for US consumers"

:unsure:

The re-imagined part is possible. But I had heard lots of these details from other distributors and retailers all over the world for over a year now... even before I got in touch with Magpul PTS. It's possible I got told BS, just like it's possible that the A&K boss is telling people BS to their face. But a lot of the details I have accumulated were over the many months of investigation. Magpul PTS was actually shocked that I had known as much as I had and asked how I knew so much insider info.

What is Bushmasters take on their product being 'cloned' ;) unlicensed, I'd be interested to know.

Bushmasters is aware of the Magpul PTS ACR from what I understand. I can't recall if the final prototype I held had any Bushy markings. It did have Magpul logos on it. The upper was still bare aluminum so I'm guessing whatever Bushy markings would go on there. But time will tell I guess.

USCMcorps any word on on if Remington has been approached for a license to use their trademarks? And why would they still go with the conversion to 7.62x39mm if the production rifle is not going to have this feature? Still think is cool but not accurate to the current production ACR by Remington.

Not sure myself. It was probably one of those questions I should have asked. I'll shoot them an email and report back when I know.

I have a this theory that it was Magpul that reached out to Paul and gave him a good deal on the PTS products, as they knew they couldnt stop the sale of ACM knockoffs. Just an idea.

P.S. Oh, and I hope we still gget to see an ACM FMG9, GBB preferably.

Magpul has absolutely nothing to do with the distribution of PTS products. Magpul PTS has made it extremely clear to Paul that any sales of ACM Magpul knockoffs will not be tolerated and Paul has complied accordingly.

Official News about the FPG (FKA ... FMG-9) will come in November. I already have the full write up done. ;)

I'm not skeptical about the A&K. However, I truly hope the Magpul ACR is up to speed. Magpul PTS makes great accessories, hopefully the AEG will be top notch.

The ACR I held was FLAWLESS in every respect. I almost cried. True story.

What will the make internals on the PTS one? G&P?

No. Not G&P.

My guess would be Systema, as thats what they have in their M4's.

Not Systema. I asked them this point blank. They said that they have had internals made to their own specs. Magpul PTS has certainly used G&P in the past, but due to G&P's slow turnaround time, PTS are relying on them less and less. Last I checked there are no G&P parts in the ACR at all.

You said something about the development of some replica of the Massoud, so, do you have any idea if either Magpul PTS or A&K are working on some version themselves to be released after the Masada?

Can't comment on that at this time.

Would any PTS PMAGS be given with the masada? :P

Heh ... yes. It comes with a regular PMAG color matched to the gun.

Hmm.. A little bit much for a stock upgrade.

Is it possible that the ACR will sell in various configs?

Eg: AK Version, Standard version, + Deluxe versions with metal Handguards and folding stocks?

Initially no. But that's all subject to change. They're spending a fair amount of time trying to decide how they should release it to gain maximum sales. Producing alternative versions may be popular with only a small crowd. I'm certainly pushing for deluxe versions with ALL the bells and whistles in one box, but it's hard to say which way they will decide on it at this point. Depending on sales, I'm sure they may consider it later on.

Mike_West: Nope, not chocking at all. I still think that licensing the A&K was a bad choice as it gives other manufacturers who also think they can make unauthorized Magpul products that they'd have a chance to follow suit and get away with it. The way PTS explained it to me was that they weren't interested in licensing the unauthorized version at all, until they actually met with A&K face to face and saw for themselves their honesty and sincerity to make things right. It's not guaranteed that if the same thing happened with another manufacturer that PTS would act the same way again.

The development of the PTS version began long before A&K started on theirs. You didn't actually read the first post did you. You just read the summary and used your imagination for the rest. The mark up was in small part to do with the licensing, but MOSTLY BECAUSE A&K WAS SELLING THEIR VERSION AT COST (I.E. AT ALMOST ZERO PROFIT) TO MAKE BACK SOME MONEY ON THEIR INVESTMENT. NOW THEY'RE SELLING THEIR AUTHORIZED VERSION AT A PROFIT LIKE ANY MANUFACTURER WOULD NORMALLY DO. I capitalized that just in case you were still skim reading the parts that suit your cause the most. You're welcome.

All that for $450 i cant complain

shame on the Foliage green(*cough*Grey*cough) they should have went for a true Olive Drab, black will do fine tho

I would still like to hear more about internal specifications, and also if they will be committed to following up the launch with replacement parts(sounds like various parts of the GB are proprietary)

For all the quick swapping parts, captive pins on the body i hope?

Pretty much what i wanted to hear, dedicated V3 gearbox that takes AR mags, and looks schwag too

OH GO, MY EYES.

THAT WALL OF TEXT JUST CRITS EYEBALLS SIR!

Seriously though, this is pretty neat stuff, and all the people insulting USCM should buggger off, I mean the guy has to be one of the most respectable people I know online.

Looked at this thread and I

JIZZED in mah pants

.....then I looked im my wallet and cryed myself to sleep knowing I won't be able to pay the $450 price tag on the full PTS one. Yay Sportline here I come!

Are the internals of the Sportline model going to be the same as the unlicensed A&K one?

They said that they have had internals made to their own specs. Magpul PTS has certainly used G&P in the past, but due to G&P's slow turnaround time, PTS are relying on them less and less. Last I checked there are no G&P parts in the ACR at all.

Ooh, internals done by Magpul, this will be interesting how the gun preforms stock :D

LOL. You think that was long ... you should have seen my original post before it got redacted by Magpul PTS and A&K.

Spelling errors? Can you point out which? Because I reread the post a lot before I posted it. Was MS Word picking up on the names? Like Magpul, Masada etc? :huh:

So are the A&K "sportline" Masadas still with the slightly incorrect porportions? I read through the whole text but its a huge block of text and I could have missed something.

Main thing is the A&K is my only salvation for the Masada because I already blew enough money on a SCAR.

:D

I just gotta have both.

So are the A&K "sportline" Masadas still with the slightly incorrect porportions? I read through the whole text but its a huge block of text and I could have missed something.

Main thing is the A&K is my only salvation for the Masada because I already blew enough money on a SCAR.

:D

I just gotta have both.

The A&K does indeed still have the same proportions as it had prior to the licensing. The amount of money A&K have spent on tooling and molds is way too much for them to redo all of it at this time. That said, quite a lot of people like the proportions of the Sportsline Masada. The scale difference isn't that apparent until you shoulder the two back to back. Some prefer the smaller size. It's all personal preference. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the A&K Masada as it's clearly quite popular.

And I forgot to mention this earlier, but the bolt does lock back on the ACR. I had asked about Systema internals for the ACR, but the impression I got was that they were too expensive and didn't have what PTS needed.

It would have been nice to have an EBB (Electric BlowBack) system (the new CA LWRCi M6A2 that has that is surprisingly fun to shoot), just as it would have been nice to have MOSFETs, and stop firing on the last round. But this gun has been in development for so SO very long now that I don't believe any of those were in consideration at the time of initial design. MOSFETs aren't that popular in Asia so they probably weren't high on the list. EBB systems weren't around during the planning stage, and having a gun that is accessible to the vast majority of people with regular TM spec M16 mags made "cut off after the last round" not possible. TM themselves had to devise an entirely new system and mags for the TM SOPMOD in order to have that feature. I think at one time PTS had considered making a PTW level gun ... they may in fact still be planning it. But in order to not alienate the vast majority of consumers out there, they chose to make a gun with as many bells and whistles they can jam into it while still have it at a reasonable price (i.e. not PTW prices). Would I buy an ACR with PTW level features that cost around the same as a PTW and require proprietary mags? Maybe (probably). Would I buy an ACR with all the features disclosed in the first post and at VFC prices? Absolutely.

The A&K does indeed still have the same proportions as it had prior to the licensing. The amount of money A&K have spent on tooling and molds is way too much for them to redo all of it at this time. That said, quite a lot of people like the proportions of the Sportsline Masada. The scale difference isn't that apparent until you shoulder the two back to back. Some prefer the smaller size. It's all personal preference. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the A&K Masada as it's clearly quite popular.

Cool, just one more question though (OK a few more).

How is it exactly different? Shorter? Thinner?

Will A&K be releasing a metal RIS hand guard, or is that only available on the PTS?

Because I've seen some pics with a CQB length barrel and RIS hand guard and a SPR length model with a PRS styled stock. So are those A&K's?

Archived