AK Mag release question

Horse

So - at a game on Saturday I noticed one of my teammates was running an Echo 1 AKS-47U with an interesting trigger guard mounted mag release assist device. He had no idea who made it originally as he got it second hand from a local AK guy.

Does anyone know what/who this is? It moves forward and backward to activate the release paddle with the trigger finger. It loosely clamps to the trigger guard.

Thoughts? Hints?

I have one fitted to one of my RPK's.

Freedom Art is whom you should be searching for.

Two metal plates clamped via screws to the trigger guard to enable mag release with trigger finger.

Only any good if your mags are loose enough to fall out the gun when the release is pushed. Otherwise it's pointless as you're still having to remove the mag by hand.

A great little idea/accessory to help out with those lightning mag changes :)

You push on the angled pads that fold down from the top at the rear of the larger cross section. I know everything about how it works - I used one for a bit on Saturday. It worked perfectly for me, but maybe not for everyone. I want to try to put one on my real steel AK to see how it works.

Due to the curved shape of the mag, the weight of it swings it forward, letting the front lip of the mag come out of the magwell.

You might find yourself pointing your gun in the air for ease of access to see and release the lever with your foregrip arm. This adaptor means you don't need to do this, as you only need that arm to load a new mag.

Archived