Maruzen PPK/S - disassembly lever and safety q's

Wege

Gidday all.

I have been handed a (new to me) Maruzen PPK/S (movie edition) for me to have a looksy at.

Never having even handled one before I decide to do a bit of reading. (Catman's review on here,for example)

I already know with Maruzen gear to use HFc134a... particularly during the hot summer months (it can hit 40+ here), and I have seen far too many destroyed P99s from them to even risk it.

First things first.... because it is not mine, is there any obvious way to get into the trigger guard/take-down lever spring/pivot area to try to strengthen that spring at all? To minimise the likely hood of the trigger-guard being jolted out of position that then lets the slide ride off the itsy-bitsy rails (at the rear).

Secondly - because of the broken safety lever... where the heck do you go to remove the slide pieces at all?

I have found (and removed) that screw in the slide .. but I figure that to actually remove the gubbins, that one needs to remove that safety lever. Then that leads me onto the next part of the decocker - I have seen sweet FA regarding Maruzen parts... I would hazard a pretty low-paying-odds guess that unless I were to find another PPK/S then not much chance.

Archived