Replica: PRR (Personal Role Radio) Marconi, Full Set

KWP

This is a fully functional replica of the Marconi PRR (Personal Role Radio) Radio.

It comes preset with 16 channels within the 440MHz range, but can be reprogrammed.

The Radio is powerd by 2x AA batteries and the wireless PTT by 1x flat CR2032 battery.

Package includes the actual Radio (with single PTT, antenna, dial buttons, battery compartment), Wireless Remote PTT, Pouch, Manual, Bowman headset with headband.

Price: US$114

Photo 1/3:

pic1.jpg

Photo 2/3:

pic2.jpg

The PRR as used by US and UK Forces:

Photo 3/4: (Photo Courtesy US Marine Corps, released)

fc4f5f9f.jpg

Photo 4/4: (Photo Courtesy Royal Marines, released)

royal-marines-aabi-toorah-blue-swor.jpg

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh wow, that's awesome, one more thing to put on my list to buy! Programmable as well, so much awesomeness! :lol:

Well, if you know how to. I think it needs special software. For us here in HK it's not a problem. There are shops who provide such services.

here's hoping they've thought carefully about the wireless PTT individual keys, or there's going to be some really confusing radio goings-on! That antenna is also a little short for 440mhz. Caveat emptor, your range may be compromised!

These are team radios. How far apart is your team going to be?? If you want range you carry a Squad radio pumping out a few watts.

The MBITTR replica is out shortly at around 4 watts. Combined with the PRR you can have a replicated radio environment similar to squad level comms.

So who is selling these???? I've got $114 waiting.

The first batch is expected to arrive in Hong Kong on coming Tuesday.

Quantity and which colours etc. I will have to check with the person who imports them from Mainland China.

As for the brand I guess we can assume it will be ACM (All China Made, No-name) as it's with all trades and stuff and they certainly don't pay for licenses.

Range shouldn't be a concern, even the real PRR is made only for short distance communication within your squad (the real PRR working at 2.4GHz has a range of only 500 meters). Any cheapo Motorola Talkabout Walkie Talkie has a range of 2-5 kilometers.

I could ask my contact what he got, if you guys tell me which colours you want.

Afaik, it's two sets available:

1) OD radio, ACU pouch, OD headset, OD R/C

2) Tan radio, desert digi pattern pouch, tan headset, tan R/C

KWP I'm sure you could help us and get some of them programmed for PMR 446 frequencies, should we buy some. *begs* :lol:

I will have to change the frequencies on mine too, as here in HK only the 409 band is allowed for us civis.

I was told it may cost me about US$38, probably less.

The first batch is expected to arrive in Hong Kong on coming Tuesday.

Quantity and which colours etc. I will have to check with the person who imports them from Mainland China.

As for the brand I guess we can assume it will be ACM (All China Made, No-name) as it's with all trades and stuff and they certainly don't pay for licenses.

Range shouldn't be a concern, even the real PRR is made only for short distance communication within your squad (the real PRR working at 2.4GHz has a range of only 500 meters). Any cheapo Motorola Talkabout Walkie Talkie has a range of 2-5 kilometers.

I could ask my contact what he got, if you guys tell me which colours you want.

Afaik, it's two sets available:

1) OD radio, ACU pouch, OD headset, OD R/C

2) Tan radio, desert digi pattern pouch, tan headset, tan R/C

I will have to change the frequencies on mine too, as here in HK only the 409 band is allowed for us civis.

I was told it may cost me about US$38, probably less.

Hi.

I'm after the OD model. Please PM when in position to organise a sale.

these look awesome, I need a new headset too. What kinds of radios will these work with?

These radios will work with any other radios on the same frequency range. If they are on the 440Mhz+ range, then they will very likely be able to be programmed to UK 8 PMR frequencies around 446mhz and therefore work with any standard UK PMR radio.

However, since they are programmable, they will also work with any other radio and can be similarly programmed.

I wouldn't get too excited about them being programmable - there's not a standard interface, so it's going to be specific to the gubbins in this radio, whatever that may be. That they don't seem to come with software or a prog cable means it's going to be a bit more difficult than, say, a Puxing or whatever.

True. Some Puxing radios even when it is sad that are programmable are not. We had problem with one from 3 ordered in the same time from same seller. One inside is looking ok, but not reacting when plugged. Other two of them are just working ok.

This is probably going to be not so popular radio so I wouldn't count for any programming tutorial, radio-tech forum ideas or so.

Well, will see...

Archived