Replica: PRR (Personal Role Radio) Marconi, Full Set

KWP

Thanks for the file mate.

One thing thou, shouldn´t the W/N ( Wide/Narrow ) setting be om Narrow (12,5kHz channel spacing)

Tested the radios ( With my programming, not the file i got from you ) inside my apartment, aprox 8 meters apart and still the same proplem.

Gonna test your file out later today, maybe i missed something else....

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing thou, shouldn´t the W/N ( Wide/Narrow ) setting be om Narrow (12,5kHz channel spacing)

In my files is set to "Wide" :) But my other radio is pretty adv. so maybe with simpler radios there is some interf.

Edit:

Before i didn't care, tanks to you iv checked and... :)

[quote name=KENWOOD ;)]

Wide: Maximum Deviation is 5 kHz. Channel Spacing is 25 kHz.

Narrow: Maximum Deviation is 2.5 kHz. Channel Spacing is 12.5 kHz.

So narrow should be set on PMR channels.

Thx for pointing it ;)

Edit:So i just used your file to reprogram the thing, but with the same results...

Does your PRR disturb the closest channels?

Like i said before my other radio is not simply PMR and there is no disturb closest channels at all :(

Is it possible that the PRR behaves strange due to low charge in the batterys?

Reason for asking is that i got my Rechargable batteries before the charger so i haven´t charged them before testing.....

I think no one can tell - charge then do tests :)

To my knowledge you should use 6,25 channel stepping...

For exemple: PMR 1= 446.00625 with 6,25 channel stepping.

Meaning i program the channel with 446.00625 AND use 6,25 stepping....

Thats to prevent the unit to transmit out of bounds.

I'm not saying l'm an expert, please feel free to correct me;)

But it's the only explanation i can come up with....Edit: Or is it the last "625" that is the channel stepping?

Steping

For example used by radio scanner searching and doing steps by 6.25 kHz.. Your radio does not have such functionality. You can switch only to predefined channels. :)

Spacing

Channels separated from each other. On analogue PMR446 spacing is 12.5 kHz.

Read this if you want. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMR446

I'm starting to worry that your radio is broken (electronics). :unsure:

Maybe it indeed is broken, which would be sad....

But the thing is that the PRR works fine when tested against my chepo PMR, similar to a Cobra radio... The issues i have is when i try it against my Feidaxin set to PMR.... I'm no expert, but it seems odd......

Well, I'm out of ideas and anyone who has any take on this is welcome to respond!

Due to issues with edit function i had to trippel post, sorry for that!

Anyhow, i got it working.

Turns out that the problem wasn't the PRR, but with my Feidaxin

I tried my "cobra" PMR against my Fdc radio and got the same problems.

Thanks for all help! ( especially Filip79, thnx mate! ) Hope to be able to return it someday ;)

Im happy with you :)

Now I'm trying to work out Dual PTT. The Chinese probably planned this as the "board" has a space for items. I think should be there some simple audio mixer and microphone switch. Unfortunately I have no electronics skills, so I do not know if I ever succeed :)

Any idea regarding operational time or power usage?

I asked about power usage on this threat but no one answered :) I'll check this soon by myself.

Have you had the chance to test your PRR in game?

Yes, I tested the radio in the field. But had no chance to test it on bigger distances.

Like i wrote before (read all posts :P) this is my 3rd radio - first two had issues but one of them had pretty great range, about 1km on the open space when transmitting radio was in the basement of my house (my workshop).

But... Best to do the test is have two H4855u because some radios (like my other) have sensitive receivers or powerful transmitters and test them in the woods :)

Maybe i´m gonna go play this weekend and then i´ll be able to test it out, but so far so good :)

I question though, when i sue the Wireless PTT i get a "chopping" sound on the recieving radio...

The transmission still goes throug but i reckon it may be annoyin for the guy on the other end...

Does your Wireless PTT do that?

Been looking for som way to get a frequency for which the Wireless PTT uses but came up with nothing.

I question though, when i sue the Wireless PTT i get a "chopping" sound on the recieving radio...

The transmission still goes throug but i reckon it may be annoyin for the guy on the other end...

Does your Wireless PTT do that?

Yes, sometimes :)

So which one of you guys can I send my radio to to get it programmed? :D

:D :D Im from Poland. Check shipping costs where cheaper. :D :D
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks to the generous soul on the forum I now have my PRR programmed to the team frequencies. It receives just fine but TX doesn't work 100%. If I twist the cable/connector TX doesn't work at all (both built-in and wireless buttons).

So, any idea where I can get the replacement headset for the radio or get an adaptor to use the standard military plug headsets?

Archived