Replica: PRR (Personal Role Radio) Marconi, Full Set

KWP

What a total mystery is to me that the "Speech Hints" are there all the time... you press the PTTs and they appear... I mean this cant be serious... you want to say something and have to wait for the blablabla to stop... imagine a tactical situation... where sometimes only a "go" signal is given by pressing the ptt two short times in a row, so that the team members hear the static only...

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my replacement and it works fine with other regular PMR radios. In fact I'm really pleased with it.

I can program US and UK PMR frequencies and it all works great with other hand held radios. The build quality is pretty amazing.

BTW: You must use Li-ION rechargeable batteries. Hartmann, what batteries are you using?

I am using the SAFT LS14500 LiIon 3.6V 2200maH...

Tonite I have some kind of enlightment and I got rid of the Voice announciations in Chinglish. Was too easy. See screenshot...

post-35108-1268263062_thumb.jpg

I must admit that sometimes trial and error must be founded on "reading the *frootcagio* manual"...

I have no news from px-airsoft about their video or ebairsoft about contacting the manufacturer for a manual.

As a next step I will study the help documents in the programming software...

Congrats to BBStriker... Please document your steps of programming, BBStriker...!

OK. I can also share with you the radio configuration files so that you can use them. I'll PM you with a file in the next few days.

The programming as you may be finding is reasonably straight forward. I use an ex-military rugged tablet PC to program all my radios. Programming this PRR replica is exactlly the same as my other Kenwood compatible radios- same software and radio version.

I have chosen TK3207 from the menu. You will not get to set all the functions the menu shows since the radio is not a genuine Kenwood.

As for comms testing, I would suggest leaving DCS/CTCSS off first. An extremely useful bit of kit is a frequency counter. I got one off ebay and it works great. It's excellent to test the frequency output from the radio.

Sharing the programming files is too easy... no just kidding... It would be great. Thank you! :)

I must admit, that I have no experience with Kenwood radios (and their software).

BTW the software seems to set the radio automatically to Model TK3207.

Yes would be great if you post it here as an attachment. ;)

Yesterday I got the radio working... at least in one direction. I could transmit from my Motorola to the bowman. But not the other way around... But the volume level was very low... strange.

I am eager to compare your data with mine...

My PRR does work OK but I have not had time yet to fully test it. I can say:

- It is easy to program- always connects first time

- It works with other PMR radios

- It is very sold build

- It is almost indistinguishable from the real Bowman PRR

- It's headset is interchangeable with the real bowman!

Many of these replicas have been sold all over the world by several retailers, so only the very small few problem ones get reported on threads like this- need to keep the very few problems here in perspective. I had a problem radio and it got replaced by the ebaybanned- who I would highly recommend. Paul from eBaybanned is very fair and will not be an Alpha Hotel about replacing faulty kit.

DCS or CTSS? :D

Hopefully he is able to post the programming file soon...

indeed as I need a radio and headset and this package is more or less the same cost as a new XN446 plus headset. If it can be reprogrammed with a simple file upload then it becomes even more attractive to buy.

DCS or CTSS? :D

Hopefully he is able to post the programming file soon...

I would suggest CTSS to remain compatible with other PMRs generally.

Sorry but I have not had time to touch the PRRs due to work and other public duty commitments. I'll try and get a file up for downlaod ASAP.

Wireless Remote PTT with rubberband to be wrapped around your weapon:

I think it should be able to be opened, because there is a battery inside... have no clue how...

This is how:

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

And there's a 12V 27A replaceable battery inside:

IMG_0470.JPG

BTW: I also wrote to Paul from EB and he said they will ask the manufacturer for help... hmmm they know who it is but they didnt tell me... this is all too much mystery... :mellow:

It says who the manufacturer is right on the leaflet: Triumph Instrument Inc, I also have a small TRI tag on the pouch. The web-site doesn't load but listed as http://www.triumph17.com.cn and the "e-meil" (original spelling) is TRI17@163.com. The product SKU is PRR H4855U.

Hardly a mystery. :)

Archived