Replica: PRR (Personal Role Radio) Marconi, Full Set

KWP

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
isn't the kenwood system USB based? this would appear to require a serial port of a much slower kind.

Well its serial communication whether USB or D-pin. The Kenwood software looks for COM ports whether delivered by usb or D-pin. Speeds of around 57Kbps or 115Kbps are supported by the Kenwood system.

I think I already have a Kenwood radio cable with a D-Pin anway- need to double check that.

I wonder if that would programme the real ones as ive got three here and they seem to be slightly out of sync. givening a delay in transmission between these units. Which there shouldnt be, as the others ive got are fine.

I wonder if that would programme the real ones as ive got three here and they seem to be slightly out of sync. givening a delay in transmission between these units. Which there shouldnt be, as the others ive got are fine.

I highly doubt it. Even if the cable were the same pins, doubt the software would be compatible.

Speaking of which, Anyone know if the cable comes with software as well? Seems to use an old serial port (and not USB!).

I highly doubt it. Even if the cable were the same pins, doubt the software would be compatible.

Speaking of which, Anyone know if the cable comes with software as well? Seems to use an old serial port (and not USB!).

yep software included.. just been by the door for 10 days waiting for it to turn up

Got my replica PRR radio today. Now I need the 3.7v (AA sized) Lithium Ion batteries.

Does anyone know of a high street retailer in the UK who has these batteries? I know I can buy them online at many places but I thought I'd drive somewhere within reasonable.

Anyone tested the programming cable yet?

Jeez, are you certain they're the right batteries? I had some

of them once and I'm fairly sure they were a bit bigger than AAs. Bummer

though.

Definitely AA sized lithium @ 3.6V, type 14500 as per instructions on radio. They fit perfectly in the radio.

Batteries are from Maplins. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=26669 Product QE50E

Bloody expensive as they are not rechargeable! I just couldn't wait for the rechargeables from HK. Well eBaybanned have always been good about any faulty kit- even higher value stuff.

Archived