Gaming pet peeves?

Warpix

So, I've noticed that I have a few pet peeves in airsoft.

Notably...

1. People that use hi-caps so they don't have to reload.

2. People that just spray and pray to get their kills by firing off hundreds of rounds into one target when using a non MG (this goes two and two with my first)

3. Grenade launchers that aren't in any way based off of real steel grenade launchers, namely those short XM203 madbul ones.

So, anyone else have some pet peeves in airsoft?

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like it when someone new to the site, on their first game, tries to take command. They sit at the back telling everyone what to do, and it really frustrates me. Of course, less so if their decisions are tactically sound, but usually it's; You! Run foward and shoot someone.

this doesn't bother me as hicap mags mean i can play light. It's those that go into a game loaded down with hicaps and like to use every single one of them even if the game is only a 40 minute scenario.

My only real irritant in airsoft are people that upgrade their guns just for the sake of it without putting any thought to if it actually needs it.

just like most people one of my biggest peeves is non hit takers, and those who constantly cheat call...

I don't mind the "over use" of hicaps... I just hate it when they are over used in a really really short game...

I'm not fond of those new players who think they are indistructible, never take hits, fire from the hip, never wind their hicaps, take their masks off in the game area and push regulars out of the way to get a shot...

people who put a frag in a room then just stand in the doorway...

people who carry tubs of ammo and sound like a train when they run :)

people who look at me with my mp7 and say "That's not powerful enough... it's not even doing 300! my m4 is firing at (insert stupid number here)"

people who upgrade their AEG just because they think it's going to make them better, or it is needed!

newbies who fire into the carpark/safezone... grrr that one makes me angry! haha

I like the term that alston coined "Dramasofters" those people who if they get hit once when walking out of a game they go ballistic...

feel like I've been on a bit of a rant haha :D

I don't like it when someone new to the site, on their first game, tries to take command. They sit at the back telling everyone what to do, and it really frustrates me. Of course, less so if their decisions are tactically sound, but usually it's; You! Run foward and shoot someone.

+1 for this, especially if it is kids. We sometimes get kids turn up on our site for the first time and start shouting orders, usually the 'advance' type while they sit back doing sod all. There was a group of kids doing this and the conversation went something like this:

Kids: "Advance, advance!!"

Me: "If you want the group to advance, you have to go with it..."

Kids: "OK, yeah!"

Me: "Right, our team is going to run on this position, you guys want to come too?"

Kids: "Yeah, yeah, let's go!"

Our team proceeds to run to the new position, and when there, look back and see the kids where we left them cowering in cover and shouting at someone else to move forward!

My pet peeves:

Elitist *beep* airsofters, or just Elitest pricks in general

not being the fittest of 31 yr olds, and still being able to out run the teens that go to our site thus always being the only one attacking the bunker after said run :)

Pie softers complaining after walking 5 paces and needing 100% O2 for the next 30 mins to recover

Gear whores, why?

My leaking boots, but they're so comfy

Plebs who have to be told 3 times in a day to remove mags from guns in the safe zone

Dropping my last fag in the biggest muddy puddle on site

2. People that just spray and pray to get their kills by firing off hundreds of rounds into one target when using a non MG (this goes two and two with my first)

3. Grenade launchers that aren't in any way based off of real steel grenade launchers, namely those short XM203 madbul ones.

Second on that

People who asume that because they're older they're a better player (even with five years of solid skirmishing since i was ten)

"bulletproof" players

"My gun am far bestest" players

the medic rule some sites play

two tone/clear guns

the biased favouritism of delta at the groundzero weekender (sore loser....BUT IT'S TRUE!)

I could continue but my therapist tells me I should allow my rage out intervally but you get the general picture.

oh... and geardos :angry:

Just curious what do you find annoying about people who put time into making a good looking kit? (geardos)

Or are you talking about the people who look down on other people because they have more 1337delta force issue gear then them?

but on topic,

highcaps

people shooting down the barrel when they have a eotech or a aimpoint mounted on there gun. Why put it there if your not going to use it!

My pet hates in airsoft:

1. Arrogant geardos, who think that because they dress like sf they are sf.

2. Players that shoot at other players who are at least twice their weapon's range away.

3. Those that stay still all game.

4. People who look at me/make comments about me like I'm an arrogant geardo, when I'm not I just like to use my work gear for airsoft. I'd like them to remember that some of us do it for real.

5. Players who won't call hit until they have hit you as well, even though you got the drop and 3 rounds in them before they realise you're there.

6. Paintsofters - they wear trainers, dpm, full face masks, have M4 pistolesque guns with drum mags that do at least 20 rounds a second.

7. Teflon warriors, a lot of these are often made up of those in number 6.

8. Batteries taped to the outside of a gun.

9. 'Dead' players who shout and swear when you shoot them, because I can tell a dead player when he's walking toward me without his hands in the air or saying anything to hilight himself as 'dead' (rolls eyes).

I'm sure there are moer I can't think of right now...

7. Teflon warriors, a lot of these are often made up of those in number 6.

9. 'Dead' players who shout and swear when you shoot them, because I can tell a dead player when he's walking toward me without his hands in the air or saying anything to hilight himself as 'dead' (rolls eyes).

I'm sorry, but what's a teflon warrior?

And is it okay if I yell out "ow" before "hit" on occasion? :P

8. Batteries taped to the outside of a gun.

Hey, my dad's is just because his crane stock broke his battery wiring! :P

Hmm, kids that don't call their hits is a rather obvious one.

People who practice poor gun safety, ESPECIALLY in the safe-zone.

People with more than 2 pistols on them at one time XD Seriously, one guy with 4 on him at once >.>

Thats it for the most part.

I hate those guys who take the game too seriously. We were doing a match of double agent, and I just walked about 2 feet away from this guy, about 17 years old, and he starts cussing at me tell me to "get the *fruitcage* away". I tried talking with him but he just kept cussing. He was acting like it was a life or death situation, I just walked away, I didn't want to deal with him. It's guys like that that ruin it for me, some people just have to calm down and realize it's just a game.

I gotta say, I get hacked off with all the gamesmanship.

Somebody else touched on this, with regard to people shambling about like they're dead but not actually walking ith hands on head etc.

Airsoft is a game.

With that in mind, I expect a certain standard of sportsmanship.

Walking around acting like you're minding your own business and then turning around and shooting a bunch of people is NOT sportsmanlike.

If this was fencing, for example, you couldn't act like you were just nipping across to your locker to get a drink and then attack your opponent from behind.

It's all about honor.

If I'm out of the game I'll act like I'm out of the game and, in that situation, I don't want to be hosed but, TBH, I won't hold it against anybody who does hose me but, by contrast, I lose all respect for people who do skulk about and then make underhanded kills.

Stuff like that detracts from the fun of the day IMO.

Happened to me this past weekend

Every now and then dead players can get in the way of game play.

3 on 7. I was on the ambushing(group of 3) side. The patrol decides to be a bit cheeky and go for a different route, i am now in a position where i cant join in the initial ambush with the other 2 guys. They both get hit after taking a few with them. My spot is in defilade and high grass. The remainder of the patrol forms a line to weed me out and get to about 50 feet of me. As i am about to re engage one of the other ambushers(still dead) sits up to retrieve a snack or water bottle and blocks my line of sight with the guy i was about to be engaging. Eventually they guy he is blocking moves and i am able to engage 2 more of the patrol before being swathed in bbs.

So if you are dead and the battle is still going on in the immediate area, just chillax until business is concluded or the game has moved to a different area

Archived