Gaming pet peeves?

Warpix

Also you can out what ya like on your gun. But 3 flashlights mounted on barrel in a day lit woodland game ? cmon.................. ;)

I always find this quite funny!

Its also equally funny in CQB because you can see when the person is about to come around the corner!

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its also equally funny in CQB because you can see when the person is about to come around the corner!

Yes exactly - then wonder why they have been shot - crys like " no way they could of seen me " " they must have been blinded " etc. Do they not realise that we know there must be someone behind the torch ?;)

The other one in CQB which annoys me is when people shoot at a torch beam assuming they're hitting someone and no taking their hit when actually I'm lying underneath the table the torch is on shooting them quite a lot.

This and a lot of other stuff is why I don't go to CQB games much anymore

Trying to stealthily approach a doorway in a CQB environment to have team mates wander up behind you talking to each other and generally performing like elephants doing ballet.

Then wondering why you all get hit.

'How did they know?!'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Also lasers.....TURN THEM OFF YOU *fruitcage* CLOWNS!!!!!!!!

Watching the little red/blue/green dot wobble about on a wall is quite fun if you're on the opposing team, but they are on yours, it's back to the 'How did they know?' scenario.

Again AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

Some times it's like playing BF3!

And speaking of BF3, I've noticed a rise in the typical defensive tactic from BF3, i.e. HIDING BEHIND OBJECTIVES THAT HAVE TO BE CAPTURED!

We'll defend this bunker, by hiding behind it. Well gee here was me thinking GETTING BETWEEN THE ENEMY AND THEIR OBJECTIVE WAS A GOOD IDEA!

And again AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!

Had a lot of powerplay at a game over the weekend.  I won't name the site but I had plenty of opponents not taking hits.

One particular lad I got on 5 occasions, including 2 with witnesses.  The last one on him, he runs round a corner, I tri-shotted him 3 times with the M3, and he kept firing.  Another player with me literally said "Now THATs what I call power play".  Same guy was in a group of 4, none in cover.  I volley shotted 3 of them... guess who didn't take it.

A second guy, I hit as he came round a corner, he turned and shot me, then when I just sat back with a "What was that all about" expression, he came over and said it was his vest.  But if you felt it to take it, you felt it, dude.  I only fired only volley.  Of course, by that time, 3 of his mates had already gone past so I couldn't just continue.

Ruined the day, really.

Yea this sounds lie power play. Its people who go into a room with the idea they're going to get someone and won't take a hit until they've killed someone. I've seen it or had it happen to me nearly every time I've played CQB.

This really annoys me!  Had one guy the other day do this to a poor rental, Guy comes running round the corner, i shoot him, He then carries on  another good 3-4 seconds until he manages to shoot the rental player.

Then shouts at the rental for not taking his hit. The rental then calls the marshal and the guy runs away!

This really annoys me!  Had one guy the other day do this to a poor rental, Guy comes running round the corner, i shoot him, He then carries on  another good 3-4 seconds until he manages to shoot the rental player.

Then shouts at the rental for not taking his hit. The rental then calls the marshal and the guy runs away!

That happens quite a lot; you get the "I GOT YOU TOO!!!! TAKE YER HIT, MARSHALLLLLLLL!!!"

Yes, you did get me. After being shot 17 times by three different players, then you hit me. You were eliminated from the game, but yes, fine...I'm hit. *Sigh*

Don't get me wrong, if someone hits me as I hit them, or just after I've hit them, I take the hit...that's reasonable. What's unreasonable and super frustrating is the armoured rhino players whom charge in, have BB's bouncing off of everywhere, and stop once they've hit something, scream "F*CK YEAH!!!" and leave. Yes, congratulations...you cheated your way to "scoring" a hit

Yeah I see it alot! I tend to keep shooting them until they put their hand up or aim for the soft squidgy bits not covered in armour.

The amount of guys who can't feel so wont take hits while covered head to toe in armour is nuts!

just like a guy who once told me I didn't hit him because my gun was *rubbish*, and he used to own one and it never fired properly, No its because your wearing too much *stuff*!

Use of the words ops and operator. You're running round the woods shooting plastic balls at your mates not hunting down the Taliban and trying to make out its more than that just makes you look silly IMO. This also goes for airsofters referring to themselves as operators

dear god this. its *fruitcage* obnoxious especially considering we already have the word "solider". Fair enough if you are some spec ops hardman I won't argue but yeah it is horrible. What does it even mean? Someone who operates something? Someone who goes on operations? A surgeon!? macho army bs

No its because your wearing too much *stuff*!

This is something that always gets me. People that have way too much kit on and assume that if they don't feel a hit then it doesn't count.

I am sorry but if I have my thick hat on and I feel a shot plink off it I will take it, it is still a hit, felt or not. The worst is people that load up on mags in pouches, don't take the hit and then have a go at you for shooting their stuff. Those people, along with the guys that wear £200-500 a set kit and then complain it is too dirty to play need to find a different hobby as they clearly don't get the points of the one they are in.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhah actually one of my peeves .. these guys when they are behind me ...  and I can see my shadow just stretching ahead of me xD, well done Sun boy you have blown my sneaky sneaky movements xD

Archived