Gaming pet peeves?

Warpix

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5. Players who won't call hit until they have hit you as well, even though you got the drop and 3 rounds in them before they realise you're there.

6. Paintsofters - they wear trainers, dpm, full face masks, have M4 pistolesque guns with drum mags that do at least 20 rounds a second.

7. Teflon warriors, a lot of these are often made up of those in number 6.

8. Batteries taped to the outside of a gun.

Welcome to Hawai'i airsoft.....

-I hate playing with irritating little kids. I mean, there are those that are alright but then there's the little kids who camp in the back and freak out when rounds start flying their way.

-I hate HATE HATE when players don't call their hits

- paintsoft

- full face masks

- Certain players mentality towards airsoft and FPS. A lot of people down here in Hawai'i think that having high FPS makes you better or cooler or some people want high FPS so that they can hurt other players. Most field limits are 400 (450 BA) but some fields are 500 (550 BA) and every couple of weeks theres a no FPS limit game....

Last gripe, I promise!

- Not having as good fields as you guys do up in the UK/Europe or everywhere else for that matter!!! Sooooo jealous!!!

EDIT: sp.

For me I think it was when the other team member had NVG when everyone didn't and made the game so hard at night time. Lucky the guy with a NVG bumped into me and I stepped back to fire off a few shots. That annoyed me....if the other team has a big advantage thanks to gear. Other things are batteries the are hanging off guns, or people asking to fix a gun when its beyond all repairs.

People not taking hits goes without saying.

Main thing though is the FPS wars I see at sites. At open sites, high fps with heavy bb's and good internals like hop, rubber and barrel give people an ungodly advantage.

I tried to get range on a guy using what I believe was a Systema PTW at 500fps using Guarder .28 bb's.

He had at least 100+ foot range on my friend and I and we were using 330-350 fps G36's that had been nicely tweeked.

When we got even slightly close enough to start getting hits on this guy (we hit him several times, we saw him flinch) his return fire was agony to face. I got my legs laced and it bloody hurt. This was at about 150 foot range... :angry:

Recently myself and a friend have been sniping with very quiet sub 330 VSR's. during a game my friend was hidden in a great position looking like a bunch of ferns, he took out half of the opposition trying to flank the objective, only for one of them to spend a few minutes looking around to spot where he was, and to pop back after respawn to move round on a blind spot and get him.

For me I think it was when the other team member had NVG when everyone didn't and made the game so hard at night time. Lucky the guy with a NVG bumped into me and I stepped back to fire off a few shots. That annoyed me....if the other team has a big advantage thanks to gear. Other things are batteries the are hanging off guns, or people asking to fix a gun when its beyond all repairs.

Unless the nvg is very expensive it's not worth having.

Even if it is, it can be easily defeated buy using large torches to illuminate the area. Granted it gives away your position, but it also allows you to see theirs. Thus restoring the tactical balance.

Greg.

Recently myself and a friend have been sniping with very quiet sub 330 VSR's. during a game my friend was hidden in a great position looking like a bunch of ferns, he took out half of the opposition trying to flank the objective, only for one of them to spend a few minutes looking around to spot where he was, and to pop back after respawn to move round on a blind spot and get him.

This is always disappointing.

As a principle, I wouldn't return to an area like that, after being hit. & I definitely don't take the time to try & spot my killer.

Greg.

My gripe is Geardo's who dress up in matching kit with matching guns and even have custom patches, but think tactics are some kinda mint. Theres a new team at my local site and I sware I saw one of them trying to hit the opfor from 75ft away with a pistol!

Also I hate players who are scared of getting shot. They always hang back and wait for the all clear before moving forward. The amount of times I've been hit 'cause I haven't been backed up by my own team by either providing cover fire or watching the flanks.

Josh

75ft with a stock pistol is easily doable.

75ft, 25(ish)m?

I get regular 50m kills with my Marui Glock 17 & used a KSC syst7 USP match to get a personal best of 74m, measured with a Bushnell range finder.

It made me wonder why I bother spending a fortune on my vsr's.

Greg.

Dead players who talk...

Not just a +1 for this, but carved in a polished marble megalith, back lit and gold inlayed. For me it's no better than not taking your hits - it's just cheating.

I will take issue with those complaining about full face masks, I wear one to urban and sometimes in woodland as well. I already have 2 broken teeth from days I didn't wear one and unless you're prepared to pay my dental bills, deal with it, (on a regular skirmish day that is). However, on mil-sim days, it stays at home, as it's just not in the spirit of things.

My big whinge are the Drama-softers and those who seem to think that because they have "tehbestestkitzngatz" they either can't be hit or MUST have hit you because they could see you from the Embassy while you were in the Police Station - 1)just because you can see me, doesn't mean I'm in range and 2), I'm not cheating if you can't hit your target while standing in the same phonebox as them, you can't shoot for toffee - get over it and learn to shoot.

in no particular order

1. drum mag heroes, its a @#$!#%!@% mp5 not a Minimi you clown!!

2. tactical hiders. Yes team you go off over there and be MILES away from harm, the 4 guys you've left behind will defend the objective you simple twunts!!

3. ninjas in woodland, ooh yes BLACK blends into green and brown seamlessly especially when you wont a. go prone, b. your feildcraft is non-existant or c. take any form of cover when we ambush people

4. Captain Kevlar in his many guises. Usually 'I didn't feel it' or 'Gun hit!' Hence my policy of if I see my hits land and you don't take them I WILL hose you.

5. Chow Yun Fat/Matrix fanboys, oh you're carrying 4 pistols and 2 smgs, NONE OF WHICH HAVE COMPATIBLE MAGS LEADING TO YOU RUNNING OUT AFTER ABOUT 400 ROUNDS OF BADLY AIMED FULL AUTO FIRE AAAAAARGH!!!!!!!

6. wannabe gangstas, jesus grow up you're from Dundee not south central L.A., you're also a pasty white colour not Black so drop the slang you whigga, also the sights are on top for a reason you knob.

People who hose everyone down either after the game is over, or while everyone is out talking.

I've always had a huge problem with this, and it's not just the teams that I play with. I get sick and tired of being hosed down after I'm out while standing to the side. It's not like I'm standing in the middle of the field or anything, we're usually chilling pretty far away from any of the action, and out in the wide open where no one else is. (Most of the the fields that we play involve a rather long walk into the play area from the staging area, so most of us congregate outside of the game, but still on the field.) I could understand if I was standing 200ft from the central objective, but why for god sake would you sneak up to a large group of people (many of which are your dead teammates) who are talking, and then hose them down on full auto lipo awesome.

I've gotten pelted before standing in a group of 12+ people, no one holding any gun, and after the kid drained almost a highcap onto fleeing bodies, yelled out "dammit, I know I hit you guys, why aren't you calling your hits?!?" Well Billy the Boy Wonder, chances are that either you just stumbled upon the largest collection of cheaters in airsoft who not only don't take hits, but dress as the opposing side, or you just hosed 12 people who were not playing.

mine is players who as soon as there out of the safezone and have a mag in the gun they start shooting up any random tree, can on the floor or waypoint marker (that wasnt exacly cheep to make) on full auto.

but when the game starts there allways at the back and out of range.

andy :)

The majority of these I agree with all the way.

But. What's wrong with full face masks? When your site is CQB and you have hot guns being fired at you from sometimes under a metre away you NEED full face masks. i've got a mate with no front teeth because someone shoved an aeg round a corner into his mouth. NOT FUN.

But paintball masks, them I cannot stand

Archived